Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay longtubes/Tsp purchase w/ details

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 08:13 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrow Ebay longtubes/Tsp purchase w/ details

Hey guys well a about a week ago i decided to pull the trigger on the "Ebay" longtubes and Tsp Ory.. Yesterday i received my stuff in the mail. Starting with the TSP Ory... AS expected everything was packaged nice and wrapped very well. The quality of the Ory is GREAT! Very pleased with the craftsmanship that was put into this Ory and suprised at the cost honestly.

Shipping: Next is the "Ebay" stainless long tube headers.Scowering through post's on here and googling my as$ off i really didnt find a certain dealer to get the headers from so i went by feedback. DNAmotoring seemed to have the best feedback score i could find (99.2%) So I pulled the trigger on there Stainless 1 3/4 longtubes for 189.00 shipped to my door. They were delivered yesterday in a box that look like someone was playing practical joke on me with the tape. lol Litterally like half a roll of clear masking tape around and around, yet the box was junk. Super thin, had holes and looked like someone kicked it from california to fl. Not gonna lie i was nervous about opening it. Opened it up to see the headers in plastic but no bubble wrap or anything seperating them from banging eachother all around.

Quality: Visual inspection showed a well built tig welded stainless header. Unfortuantly due to the $hitty boxing my driver side collecter on the bottom is about flat from getting banged up while shipping. I pulled out the Mic and checked all primarys to be right on at 1.75 which defiantly made me happy. One thing that annoys me is the fact in the pic the O2 bungs are on the inside well mine are not. Pretty sure now im going to need O2 extensions right? anyways I looked in the collectors to see that they were all welded together with only one primary that seems to be a few mm longer than the others. For 189.00 shipped i wasnt looking to find a fire cone like a set of kooks lol. Another thing is that i only recieved ONE headers gasket lol. I didnt plan on using them anyways, but still the fact only one was shipped is stupid. Ill keep you guys posted on how they install once i get a chance to get them in.

MORAL of the story, for 189.00 i still feel like i got a good deal and the TSP Ory is HELL of a deal. Just to clarify though prior to buying the headers i messaged DNAmotoring and asked them to please send me the true 1 3/4 headers or I would be returning them for a FULL refund, atleast they lived up thier end of the deal. I would suggest anyone else ordering them do the same!
Old 06-11-2013, 09:33 AM
TECH Resident

Got eBay headers here too. Will suggest them to anyone on a budget
Old 06-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Serioussn95
Another thing is that i only recieved ONE headers gasket lol. I didnt plan on using them anyways, but still the fact only one was shipped is stupid. Ill keep you guys posted on how they install once i get a chance to get them in.
LOL when I got my Ebay headers 5 years ago, I also did get them sent to me with just 1 gasket. I emailed the seller back, and they reimbersed me like $20 for the mistake.

Like I said, I have had mine on my car for 5 years.... They are still looking good and in great shape!!!
Old 06-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Launching!

yeah for the price its definatly worth it.hopefully the fitment is good as well.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:03 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You posted this in two sections? Anyway, like I asked in your other thread: where did you take the measurements?
Old 06-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Launching!

demonspeed, after realizing it i meant to post it in the newbie tech bc i know the majority of newer people like myself are looking into the budget stuff. I used a micrometer on the inside of the primarys as well as measuring the Od of the pipe. my headers dont have that rediculous expasion where its welded into the flange like alot of other ones do.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:22 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Originally Posted by Serioussn95
demonspeed, after realizing it i meant to post it in the newbie tech bc i know the majority of newer people like myself are looking into the budget stuff. I used a micrometer on the inside of the primarys as well as measuring the Od of the pipe. my headers dont have that rediculous expasion where its welded into the flange like alot of other ones do.
I'd love to see pictures of the measurement of the primary (and the lack of flare at the flange) so I can add it to my thread.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:28 AM
Launching!

will do, i have to get pics and most likey have someone post them. not good at that stuff lol
Old 06-11-2013, 12:19 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

In response to your other thread, you should have 1.75" OD when putting your calipers along the primary tube at any spot -- not just at the flange. Check out my thread to see why I'm asking: https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...primaries.html

As for posting pictures, simply save them to your computer, go to an image hosting site (I use www.imageshack.com), upload them, then copy & paste the "code" for forums (will have the [IMG] tages around the URL).
Old 06-11-2013, 12:22 PM
Launching!

cool thanks man!
Old 06-11-2013, 07:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My eBay headers and TSP y-pipe fit perfect together. I had an exhaust shop weld new bungs on the inside of the collectors and re-pinned the PCM so I could use my nice factory o2 sensors as well.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:32 PM
Launching!

amarillo, ill most likely do the same thing man.

Quick Reply: Ebay longtubes/Tsp purchase w/ details