Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will this Denso o2 sensor work with o2 extensions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 01:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Will this Denso o2 sensor work with o2 extensions?

I'm pretty sure I have an o2 sensor going out, so I'm checking to see if this Denso o2 sensor is what I need. The part number is 2344087 and I found it via RockAuto Parts. I've got o2 extensions on the car right now that I got from Texas Speed when I bought their true duals, so I need to know if this Denso o2 sensor is the right one, or if I need one that is a different length. Also, I assume I should just go ahead and replace both at the same time, right?
Old 06-16-2013, 05:24 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Why not just get them from Advance Auto. "Order" them online and select in store pick-up.

Here's a coupon that should save you some coin. Enter it in where it says COUPON CODE

A124
Old 06-16-2013, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is another option. Corvette rear o2 sensors allow you to get rid of the extensions, it's what I have on my car (from when I had longtubes on). I just found them pretty cheap too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271177166680?hlp=false
Jesus that's cheap. I swear I payed $60 a piece on Amazon. It doesn't say they fit Camaros and it says they are downstream, but believe me they work as upstream sensors on any LS1.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

By the way, how long have you had longtubes on? If it was somewhat recent, it might just be them throwing a code. After I had them on a couple months, I threw an o2 switching code or something. I replaced the stock sensors/extensions with Bosch 13111 but it didn't fix the "problem". Turns out its just something that needs to be tuned out. I think my tuner said he forgot to do something, and that it is a common problem with long tubes, but there's nothing really wrong with the sensors.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

I've had the longtubes on for quite some time, but ran my car untuned until I had my cam and heads installed, then my builder tuned it for me. I talked to him and he said one of the o2 sensors was "sticking" while he was driving it around and tuning it. The SES light came on after I had got on it hard getting onto the highway. As far as I can tell, the car runs no differently than it did before the light came on and there is no hesitation in the lower RPM's.

Dr. Whigham, can you give me the part number I need? Will I need to order ones that will work with my o2 extensions, or do they have some that I can use w/o the o2 extensions?
Old 06-17-2013, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IIRC, LS6427 is the resident O2 sensor genius. I followed his advice and ran the Denso's and have never had an issue.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...nsors-buy.html
Old 06-17-2013, 12:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Rare96LT1Formula
IIRC, LS6427 is the resident O2 sensor genius. I followed his advice and ran the Denso's and have never had an issue.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...nsors-buy.html
Yeah, I did some searching on here yesterday before I started this thread and from everything I read, the Denso's are the way to go. The thing is, they come in 3 different lengths and I don't know which lenght I need to run with my current o2 extensions. Of, would I just be better off to buy the longest length and just take off my o2 extensions? If anyone is running these Denso o2's, please come in and tell me which length I need.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Yeah, I did some searching on here yesterday before I started this thread and from everything I read, the Denso's are the way to go. The thing is, they come in 3 different lengths and I don't know which lenght I need to run with my current o2 extensions. Of, would I just be better off to buy the longest length and just take off my o2 extensions? If anyone is running these Denso o2's, please come in and tell me which length I need.
IIRC, you'll need extensions either way with the denso o2's. I know the 13111's have a ridiculously long wire length, so if you run those you shouldn't need extensions. Personally, I'm not a big fan of bosch so I will not run theirs. I have Densos on my car, but cannot recall what length wire they are. I do know that I'm running 24" extensions on each side and have maybe six or so inches of slack on the passenger side, and less on the driver. - Keep in mind that's with my Edelbrock stepped headers.

I'd rather have the extra wire than not enough. Just zip tie the extra and clip it on the frame of the car.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:20 PM
12 Second Club

I'm running the Vette sensors, honestly they work better with LT's as well. If I remember correctly they have a lower preheat temp & are slightly more accurate. I know with my stockers I would pop a SES light for improper O2 heating until I made the switch & the light stopped coming on. I also got to ditch my O2 extensions which were crumbling from the extra heat of the LT's. I haven't had a single O2 related issue since the swap & will always replace with the Vette sensors from now on.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
I'm running the Vette sensors, honestly they work better with LT's as well. If I remember correctly they have a lower preheat temp & are slightly more accurate. I know with my stockers I would pop a SES light for improper O2 heating until I made the switch & the light stopped coming on. I also got to ditch my O2 extensions which were crumbling from the extra heat of the LT's. I haven't had a single O2 related issue since the swap & will always replace with the Vette sensors from now on.
Thank you for that info!!! Are you running the ones that the guy posted in Post Number 3? I believe he found those on e-bay.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You're speaking of putting rear vette o2 sensors, up front by our lt headers?

I also am having a similar problem.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Why don't you guys re-pin your PCM? It will allow you to re-use your factory length o2's without extensions that cause the car to miss when they get wet, or using Corvette rear o2's that are 6 feet too long. I know every car is different but my first route was using my factory o2's with o2 extensions, every time they'd get wet my car would miss HORRIBLY, so I sought after the rear Corvette o2's. After putting those on they went out after a month (yes, my car was tuned at the time) and they were almost longer than the car itself lol. I was finally fed up with constant o2 issues and sought after another fix and found the re-pin thread. I went to my local ACDelco store and bought 2 OEM front o2's for an f-body and re-pinned my PCM to where my rear o2 sockets read the front o2's so that all I had to do was plug my 6-inch long factory o2's into the factory harness and be done with it. o2's worked perfect from then until I sold the car a year and a half later.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

In lue of not having to deal with o2 issues, looks like I'll be getting an Open Loop Speed Density tune when the car goes back for the full tune after clutch break in period.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Thank you for that info!!! Are you running the ones that the guy posted in Post Number 3? I believe he found those on e-bay.
I'm running the 13111's for the Vette application. I didn't look at his link but that is what I'm running.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:35 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by AmarilloWS6
Why don't you guys re-pin your PCM? It will allow you to re-use your factory length o2's without extensions that cause the car to miss when they get wet, or using Corvette rear o2's that are 6 feet too long. I know every car is different but my first route was using my factory o2's with o2 extensions, every time they'd get wet my car would miss HORRIBLY, so I sought after the rear Corvette o2's. After putting those on they went out after a month (yes, my car was tuned at the time) and they were almost longer than the car itself lol. I was finally fed up with constant o2 issues and sought after another fix and found the re-pin thread. I went to my local ACDelco store and bought 2 OEM front o2's for an f-body and re-pinned my PCM to where my rear o2 sockets read the front o2's so that all I had to do was plug my 6-inch long factory o2's into the factory harness and be done with it. o2's worked perfect from then until I sold the car a year and a half later.
The wiring on the 13111's isn't that long, I had no issues with them at all. Just ziptie the extra neatly tucked up out of the way, pretty simple fix. I have also been running them for a while now on a untuned H/C/I set-up & haven't had a issue with them either. You might have just got a couple bad sensors, it can happen with any brand.

No way I'm taking the time to repin just for O2 sensors. Especially when it's not necessary.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:36 PM
12 Second Club

Here's an old post of mine when I was fighting this crap:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...rt-number.html
Old 06-20-2013, 12:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by The_Bishop
Here's an old post of mine when I was fighting this crap:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...rt-number.html
Thank you Bishop; exactly what I was looking for. Now I need to decide if I want to buy a set and a MAF tune, or forget the o2's and run Open Loop Speed Density. I'm just affraid even new o2's are going to keep throwing codes.

Quick Reply: Will this Denso o2 sensor work with o2 extensions?