Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reduced Engine Power Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reduced Engine Power Nightmare

Hello to all!! I could really use some help, I am having problems with the elusive reduced power scenario that seems to plague us all.. I have changed and cleaned my throttle body, cleaned the ground on the rear of the pass. head. I have added an extra body ground and also cleaned the ground under front of engine. I have also installed a new sensor on the side of the pedal. Still runs for a bit then BAM it's on!! I carry a code clearer with me and when it happens I clear the code, get it going and then set cruise, I have only had it come on once with cruise. I also accell my speed via cruise. I have also replaced the module on driver rear firewall, next to the hood hinge. I AM LOST AS WHAT TO DO NEXT!! Can any one help? I have considered having the ECM reprogrammed and making the codes a problem of the past. I have heard this is possible and also that HP tuners is an option. Thanks for any and all help!!
Old 07-17-2013, 01:38 AM
I need a gauge for that

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Easy to fix in hptuners...what are your mods?
Old 07-17-2013, 01:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

might try the plug its self, saw somewhere that, the guy was having this problem on a LQ4 turned out, that one of the wires inside the plug that goes to the throttle body was somewhat corroded to the point that just the smallest giggle or wiggle while driving would cause the reduced engine power code, note this was on a DBW TB, guy took the wire out, trimmed it, replaced and it worked like a champ ... just a thought.... Hope you get your problem fixed soon peace yo

EDITED Video Added

Last edited by the404man; 07-17-2013 at 02:23 AM. Reason: VIDEO ADDED
Old 07-17-2013, 07:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

This is why I don't like DBW. Unfortunately, it's become more common in many cars. Hopefully, what has been posted above has helped. If not, also try electronics section or even Gen IV section. A lot of DBW guys in there. DBW = Voodoo.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:46 PM

Default Reduced engine power nightmare

Originally Posted by Atomic
Easy to fix in hptuners...what are your mods?
Thanks for your reply. My engine is 100% stock with no modifications. I had read that with hp tuners I could make these codes never appear again and that this would effectively resolve the reduced engine power nightmare.. You said this was an easy fix with hp tuners, do you have experience with this? Thanks for your help...John
Old 02-03-2015, 11:53 PM
Staging Lane

I have same issue, did you find a fix for it? I have HP tuner if needed.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:06 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Old thread but does belong in external....

It looks likes he OP only joined to ask about this one thing, I doubt he'll respond.

Anybody else had this problem and found a fix?
Old 02-04-2015, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

I had this problem on my '05 Silverado ss. I tried all the simple tricks with the lose wire and all. I ended up getting a new Throttle body from Chevy for $2-300 (I forget exactly) and it never happened again.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:38 AM
Teching In

You never said what code you were really getting. You could have a bad pedal assembly. Don't just tune the codes off they are there for a reason.

Quick Reply: Reduced Engine Power Nightmare