Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pfadt Tri-Y Headers

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Off the other thread Dr, Don't wrap the Pfadt's, the welds are awesome!

And I'm pretty sure they do.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:06 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 427zm
Off the other thread Dr, Don't wrap the Pfadt's, the welds are awesome! And I'm pretty sure they do.
But that's my thing... If the welds are good and we have a good grade of Stainless, NA application (for now) what's the worry?

Most primaries see right at 330* F, give or take. Is 330-350 really going to kill the material?
Old 12-08-2013, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
But that's my thing... If the welds are good and we have a good grade of Stainless, NA application (for now) what's the worry?

Most primaries see right at 330* F, give or take. Is 330-350 really going to kill the material?
I'm never concerned with the headers, but the other parts near the exhaust, and the tunnel.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

But that's my thing... If the welds are good and we have a good grade of Stainless, NA application (for now) what's the worry? Most primaries see right at 330* F, give or take. Is 330-350 really going to kill the material?
My car has JBA LT's which aren't of the highest grade of stainless and after running them they've gone from an aluminum looking stainless to a dark, matte blue lol still no rusting though so I don't worry. Just from heat I guess
Old 12-09-2013, 05:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Did a little research into true tri y's a few years ago. When paired with the proper cylinders, each 2 cylinders paired up help scavenge each other, then they get scavenged some more from the final 2 into 1 connector. The general thought was that for the expense, the average street guy could get more power per dollar other ways. True, BUT this design done optimumly will make more power throughout the whole powerband, which is why many road race cars have them.

For me , it's a if I could I would thing. I'm considering trying the low cost speed engineering headers posted here next year, considered ordering 6 each 2 into 1 connectors for them, which would cost more than they will.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:29 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Originally Posted by jlcustomz
Did a little research into true tri y's a few years ago. When paired with the proper cylinders, each 2 cylinders paired up help scavenge each other, then they get scavenged some more from the final 2 into 1 connector. The general thought was that for the expense, the average street guy could get more power per dollar other ways. True, BUT this design done optimumly will make more power throughout the whole powerband, which is why many road race cars have them. For me , it's a if I could I would thing. I'm considering trying the low cost speed engineering headers posted here next year, considered ordering 6 each 2 into 1 connectors for them, which would cost more than they will.
I'm thinking Phadt very well may release a set one of these days for the FBody. The car isn't going anywhere, that's for damn sure.

But damn the price of admission...
Old 12-09-2013, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm thinking Phadt very well may release a set one of these days for the FBody. The car isn't going anywhere, that's for damn sure.

But damn the price of admission...
Welcome to the Vette market. Everything cost a little more.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:17 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Originally Posted by 427zm
Welcome to the Vette market. Everything cost a little more.
I'm realizing that. Amazing to me how there's a STARK price difference in motor mounts alone... For the same damn piece of polyurethane that's doing the same job.

Albeit, the only reason I could possibly see is "volume of sale". Not many are probably sold in comparison, but CMON MAN!! 300 for a set of poly engine and Trans mounts?
Old 12-10-2013, 10:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

So where are the pics of these beauties?
Old 12-10-2013, 10:20 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The bigger question is: how did I miss that you bought a C5?
Old 12-10-2013, 01:23 PM
The Scammer Hammer

As soon as they show up, I'll be posting pics. They're probably still in manufacturing. I haven't received a shipping confirmation yet.

Yeah... I sold the Camaro and picked up a 39k mile Corvette, M6, Blackwing and Corsa as only mods. Thank god, bc I REALLY didn't want to shell out the cash for that exhaust!
Old 01-06-2014, 09:54 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Well, holidays have came and gone, and it's getting high time to start modding again.

The headers and X finally showed up. Took about a month, but given the sale I kinda figured... But HOLY WOW the quality! They look GREAT!!

Will be posting pics later today.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Good deal Dave. Looking forward to seeing some pics. Nice way to start out the new year though.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm realizing that. Amazing to me how there's a STARK price difference in motor mounts alone... For the same damn piece of polyurethane that's doing the same job.

Albeit, the only reason I could possibly see is "volume of sale". Not many are probably sold in comparison, but CMON MAN!! 300 for a set of poly engine and Trans mounts?
I jumped from a WS6 to a C5 and the price difference in parts is crazy! For motor mounts, there's a company on eBay called Jahns Fabwork, he has poly C5 motor mounts for $100.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:12 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Originally Posted by AmarilloWS6
I jumped from a WS6 to a C5 and the price difference in parts is crazy! For motor mounts, there's a company on eBay called Jahns Fabwork, he has poly C5 motor mounts for $100.
I saw those. I'm torn between those and the RevShift mounts. I tried multiple times today to call Rob @ Phadt and we just kept missing each other...

My biggest question, is this platform like the FBody where motor mounts are a MUST when doing headers?
Old 01-06-2014, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I saw those. I'm torn between those and the RevShift mounts. I tried multiple times today to call Rob @ Phadt and we just kept missing each other...

My biggest question, is this platform like the FBody where motor mounts are a MUST when doing headers?
Motor mounts aren't required on Vette's. Ours don't really wear out and disintegrate like F-Bodies, if they wear out they literally bust and leak fluid everywhere. Most actually stick with the stockers on the forums. I have stockers right now but I'm looking at poly's right now as I like a stiffer drivetrain. A Pfadt diff brace is a great idea too, I have a Monster Stage 2 clutch with the lightweight flywheel and it shakes my drivetrain coming out of first because of the "floating" driveline setup of the C5, the diff brace is wider than factory piece and "locks" it place so the driveline doesn't rock back and forth. Most C5 driveline shake while launching in first is mistaken as wheel hop.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Photo's..........?
Old 01-08-2014, 12:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah, Dave, stop molesting them long enough to take some pics
Old 01-08-2014, 03:39 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Yeah, Dave, stop molesting them long enough to take some pics
I suck, I know. I'll get them out in a little bit. I've gotta get the KY off the collectors...
Old 01-09-2014, 12:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ha, you wish. More like the primaries.

Quick Reply: Pfadt Tri-Y Headers