Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xmas Bonus = EXHAUST

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 07:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xmas Bonus = EXHAUST

So Christmas bonus is in the bank. Looking into new exhaust and some sub frame connectors. Looking for answers. Going with TSP lts after all the research, thought hard about pacesetters. ALWAYS looking for others opinion, so speak up. Now the question is. Right now I have stock manifolds with stainless works off road y and just a flowmaster muffler. I did notice a difference in throttle response with the off road y, tune, lid, ported tb and k&n filter.... but damn do I hate the back cackle and noise I created. LOVE the start up. So I guess my question is long tubes, off road y, (thinking of new) exhaust after y. is there still going to be the back pressure/ back cackling sound to the exhaust? or should I just go high flow catted y. Any and all opinions are allowed here. Let me know what you think. Owned the car long enough (9 years) and getting bored with it and hate the exhaust that I never even drive it anymore (1000 miles a year tops). HELP me change this. thanks.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

There will be some raspiness to it if that's what you are asking. Also, it will depend on how good of a merge is in you ORY. If it's a really crappy one, and a Flownaster merge pipe would help as well
Old 12-18-2013, 08:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I've done two full systems and I always say spend a little extra, do it once and be done. Kooks TDs with 1 7/8" headers.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BrntWS6
I've done two full systems and I always say spend a little extra, do it once and be done. Kooks TDs with 1 7/8" headers.
Thats my dream exhaust but I just couldn't swing it. You do get what you pay for though.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the Kooks True duals and TSP 1 7/8 headers. My exhaust surch is by far over! Sounded great with stock internals now I have a 233/239 cam and boy it sounds like sex <3
Old 12-19-2013, 08:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I love my Texas Speed True Duals. They sound great in my opinion. Mine are currently dumped, but it wouldn't be too hard to have them extended out the back. I just don't have a desire to do that at this point in time.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

have you considered the bassani true dual exhaust?
Old 12-19-2013, 01:30 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm happy with my painted PaceSetter's I, too, have a Flowmaster muffler with the factory I-pipe and a TSP ORY. I don't feel as though it's raspy, but then again I don't mind that loudness.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I love my Texas Speed True Duals. They sound great in my opinion. Mine are currently dumped, but it wouldn't be too hard to have them extended out the back. I just don't have a desire to do that at this point in time.
Must be nice to live in a state where that's legal!

Originally Posted by Mista Blazer
I have the Kooks True duals and TSP 1 7/8 headers. My exhaust surch is by far over! Sounded great with stock internals now I have a 233/239 cam and boy it sounds like sex <3
Drool....

Originally Posted by BrntWS6
in my opinion, best sounds too!

No Corsa Lovers?? Bassani? Magnaflow? LMAO

Quick Reply: Xmas Bonus = EXHAUST