Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Hooker 4th-gen F-body Headers and Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 02:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ToeRacing
Well the SLP headers that are on my car are 3" off the ground,I'm at factory hight. The Y pipe hangs down also. These came on the car and are in great condition. That's why I asked for the side pictures. I don't want to buy a exhaust system for 2K and find out the collectors hang down the same and I still wouldn't be able to lower my car.
thats why I said "except slp"

all of you guys who install your own parts, which I assume is most of you, it should be obvious that you cant tuck the exhaust any higher. Where is it supposed to go? Most of you already having to fight your pipes banging the floor and still wanting to tuck higher
Old 12-21-2016, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Yeah sorry I didn't read the word "except" I think I'll have to buy a new system to get what im looking for
Old 12-21-2016, 03:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone have any rwhp numbers for cat back vs midlength system?
Old 12-21-2016, 03:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I thought I asked if there was any between the mid and long tube,I think the guy from Hooker doesn't post anylonger in this thread.
Old 12-21-2016, 05:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

I thought I asked if there was any between the mid and long tube,I think the guy from Hooker doesn't post anylonger in this thread.
I do still check-in to all the threads I've created, but I have so many of them now on multiple sites I can't answer every question I'm or I'd be on forums all day and not get any new products developed, which in turn would lead to me getting fired. Fortunately many experienced guys that have used the Hooker systems drop-in and post good answers to many of the questions.
Old 12-21-2016, 05:26 PM
TECH Junkie

To answer a couple of the questions previously asked, the Hooker mid-length headers definately provide more ground clearance than long-tubes (including the new Hooker long-tubes), which is one of the primary reasons they were developed. The collector geometry is optimized on both the mid-lengths and long-tubes, so you could reasonably expect to pick-up no more than 5 to 6 HP additional HP using the long-tubes. The longer primaries will theoretically rock the torque curve towards having a stronger low-end bias.
Old 12-22-2016, 03:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys, check you Hooker stuff very careful when it arrives - you might find out something that does not please you... but see for yourself, I attached the pictures. Still mad at Hooker, they did not reply to my inquery

If they let junk like this get through their "quality control", they could at least try to make it right afterwards. If you care to read about the whole misery, which cost me month and quite some $$$: https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...l#post19438428
Attached Thumbnails New Hooker 4th-gen F-body Headers and Exhaust-img_7321.jpg   New Hooker 4th-gen F-body Headers and Exhaust-img_7322.jpg   New Hooker 4th-gen F-body Headers and Exhaust-img_7323.jpg  
Old 12-22-2016, 10:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by FlorianGee
Guys, check you Hooker stuff very careful when it arrives - you might find out something that does not please you... but see for yourself, I attached the pictures. Still mad at Hooker, they did not reply to my inquery

If they let junk like this get through their "quality control", they could at least try to make it right afterwards. If you care to read about the whole misery, which cost me month and quite some $$$: https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...l#post19438428
I'm sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience with that particular product. I would be highly annoyed by it if it happened to me also. I don't have any connection to the customer service process here at Holley and don't know what Holley's return policies are regarding international customers, so I'm able to give much help in that area.

I think your best opportunity for receiving the most prompt response possible from Holley is through the facebook page from what I've seen in other cases.
Old 12-22-2016, 03:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Toddoky
I think your best opportunity for receiving the most prompt response possible from Holley is through the facebook page from what I've seen in other cases.
That's exactly what I figured and tried - but at some point, they just stopped responding

Not a very professional manner for such an obvious case, especially for a company of that size. I learned my lesson and will never, ever buy something again from Holley. Ever.
Old 12-22-2016, 04:20 PM
TECH Junkie

I empathize with your position. I don't know what affect it will have, but I sent a message of your displeasure as high up the food chain as I could...I hope it turns into something positive for you.
Old 12-22-2016, 04:23 PM
Staging Lane

I appreciate your help.
Old 12-24-2016, 09:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My only decision now is to go "mid" or "full length" headers I would like to stay with LT and keep the benefit...........decision decision
Old 12-24-2016, 11:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Toddoky,
Do you have a side pictures of the LT n TD on a 4th gen? or at least a measurement of how far they are from the ground
Old 12-24-2016, 01:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Toddoky,
Do you have a side pictures of the LT n TD on a 4th gen? or at least a measurement of how far they are from the ground
The long tube headers were prototyped by a different designer on the Blackheart development team, so I don't have any pictures of them in my files. I'll have to ask him what he has for photos after the 1st of the year when everyone comes back to work.
Old 12-25-2016, 09:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Toddoky, very satisfied customer here of the full race exhaust on a 2000 SS in 304 Steel. Question you may or may not have an answer for if you get to this... My next upgrade will be a new rear end in anticipation of doing a Procharger install down the line. Do you have any info (or anyone else for that matter) if putting a Ford 9 inch, Dana 60, or 12 Bolt Rear end will have any fitment issues?

Thanks,

Rob
Old 12-28-2016, 01:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Toddoky,
I've been trying to call Holly today @ 2:00EST(your an hour behind us) and I never got through. I would love to give you guys my money but no one seem to answer. I called 1-866-464-6553 and waited about 10 minutes,then just hung up! I'm just needing some info on the LT header clearance,pics would be helpful.
Old 12-28-2016, 08:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by rgCarGuy
Hey Toddoky, very satisfied customer here of the full race exhaust on a 2000 SS in 304 Steel. Question you may or may not have an answer for if you get to this... My next upgrade will be a new rear end in anticipation of doing a Procharger install down the line. Do you have any info (or anyone else for that matter) if putting a Ford 9 inch, Dana 60, or 12 Bolt Rear end will have any fitment issues?

Thanks,

Rob
Thanks for your purchase of the Hooker system Rob. I can't see you having any fitment issues if the rearend you end up choosing is a bolt-in swap that maintains the OE lower control arm/panhard bar/torque arm geometry and pick-up points. If however, you change to a rear-end that's configured as part of a complete aftermarket suspension, you might have some problems that I have no way of foreseeing.
Old 12-28-2016, 08:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Toddoky,
I've been trying to call Holly today @ 2:00EST(your an hour behind us) and I never got through. I would love to give you guys my money but no one seem to answer. I called 1-866-464-6553 and waited about 10 minutes,then just hung up! I'm just needing some info on the LT header clearance,pics would be helpful.
To be honest with you, I don't know how well-staffed the office lines are between now and the end of the year as I pay little attention to that side of the business. I'm off for the rest of this week and I imagine the staffing of the phone lines with will be a little light also.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry if these questions have already been answered in this thread, but I did a quick run through and am curious:

1. Will this system fit a stock style torque arm/panhard setup? I have a BMR torque arm and an adjustable panhard, currently with a Borla catback, on a 99 TA.
70501413-RHKR
https://www.holley.com/products/exha.../70501413-RHKR

2. Is this component necessary and what is it's benefit?
PART# 71223001HKR
https://www.holley.com/products/exha...ts/71223001HKR

3. I will adapting this system to replace my current 3" Y-pipe system. Looks like I will just need some 3 to 2.5" reducers and some clamps. Seems about right?

Ready to purchase if all this works out.
Old 12-30-2016, 01:01 AM
9 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by KnightmareCS
Sorry if these questions have already been answered in this thread, but I did a quick run through and am curious:

1. Will this system fit a stock style torque arm/panhard setup? I have a BMR torque arm and an adjustable panhard, currently with a Borla catback, on a 99 TA.
70501413-RHKR
https://www.holley.com/products/exha.../70501413-RHKR

2. Is this component necessary and what is it's benefit?
PART# 71223001HKR
https://www.holley.com/products/exha...ts/71223001HKR

3. I will adapting this system to replace my current 3" Y-pipe system. Looks like I will just need some 3 to 2.5" reducers and some clamps. Seems about right?

Ready to purchase if all this works out.
Hey man I got a thread on this look it up you will find ur answers

Quick Reply: New Hooker 4th-gen F-body Headers and Exhaust