Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Hooker 4th-gen F-body Headers and Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 10:55 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm thinking it wouldn't be too hard to get the dual exhaust to line up with any longtubes out there. Granted, it will entail cutting to the proper length, and maybe bending a pipe or two, but it can be done fairly inexpensively.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:19 AM
Banned

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I'm thinking it wouldn't be too hard to get the dual exhaust to line up with any longtubes out there. Granted, it will entail cutting to the proper length, and maybe bending a pipe or two, but it can be done fairly inexpensively.
That's correct. Exhaust systems have been modified to fit long-tube headers for decades and there's nothing preventing the same process from being carried out in this instance for those that want to do it.
Old 06-04-2015, 04:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
one could build a whole system pretty inexpensively but people buy already made systems so they dont have to.

it's been hashed and rehashed but that is the basic point.

i apologize for the circular conversation toddoky.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Wnts2Go10O
one could build a whole system pretty inexpensively but people buy already made systems so they dont have to.

it's been hashed and rehashed but that is the basic point.

i apologize for the circular conversation toddoky.
No problem, it's a legitimate part of the discussion here. It's Some people will certainly end up connecting this system to a particular brand of long tubes they want to use and I see nothing to prevent that from being executable.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Ottawa Ontario, Canada - where arguing "DA" is for the slow and weak...
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

That is incredible fitment and quality! If was was to put my Camaro back into autocross duty I would be all over this system.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mOtOrHeAd MiKe
That is incredible fitment and quality! If was was to put my Camaro back into autocross duty I would be all over this system.
Autocross use was definitely on our minds when the design characteristics were being decided upon. Thanks for your positive comments.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:34 AM
TECH Regular

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

If you want someone to test the system and give feedback on a higher hp, lowered vehicle I might be interested.
Old 06-06-2015, 02:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 01boydws6
If you want someone to test the system and give feedback on a higher hp, lowered vehicle I might be interested.
I appreciate your offer but I unfortunately don't have any involvement with promotional deals/offers of Hooker/Holley products. You could forward a proposal to Holley through the contact page of the Holley website.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:36 PM
On The Tree

Really glad I stumbled across this thread before I pulled the trigger on parts and paid a shop to put together a single pipe system! Looks like this will be cheaper AND perform better. Those are two things I'm a big fan of.

I just hope Jegs ends up carrying it so I can use my discount on it.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

in for final pricing and pics.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Just noticed Texas Speed has it on their website.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
Just noticed Texas Speed has it on their website.
Wonder if that means it's out now or they're just taking preorders.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by samerickson89
Wonder if that means it's out now or they're just taking preorders.
I can tell you that nothing is shipping yet.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:18 PM
Banned

Really glad I stumbled across this thread before I pulled the trigger on parts and paid a shop to put together a single pipe system! Looks like this will be cheaper AND perform better. Those are two things I'm a big fan of.

I just hope Jegs ends up carrying it so I can use my discount on it.
Sorry about the lag in my response. I'm glad you caught the post and found the information worthwhile. I don't see any reason why Jegs wouldn't carry it, so you should be lucky enough to use any discount you may have with them.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:52 PM
On The Tree

For some reason I can't view anything but the first page of this thread right now, so I apologize if this has already been asked. Do you guys have a rough idea when this kit should be available? I know nobody ever wants to give an exact timeline because then if anything comes up and it has to be pushed back then people get all butthurt. I'm just wondering if I should wait for it to come out, or buy something else to hold me over in the meantime. So I guess all I'm hoping to find out is whether it might be on the order of weeks, months, millenia?

Okay NOW it lets me see the last page lol.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Toddoky
Sorry about the lag in my response. I'm glad you caught the post and found the information worthwhile. I don't see any reason why Jegs wouldn't carry it, so you should be lucky enough to use any discount you may have with them.
No worries man, I'm sure I speak for everyone else following this thread when I say thanks for taking the time to answer all of our questions!
Old 06-10-2015, 07:56 AM
Banned

For some reason I can't view anything but the first page of this thread right now, so I apologize if this has already been asked. Do you guys have a rough idea when this kit should be available? I know nobody ever wants to give an exact timeline because then if anything comes up and it has to be pushed back then people get all butthurt. I'm just wondering if I should wait for it to come out, or buy something else to hold me over in the meantime. So I guess all I'm hoping to find out is whether it might be on the order of weeks, months, millenia?

Okay NOW it lets me see the last page lol.
I'm hesitant to post up any specific dates due to guys using them as official release dates here in the past and then grinding me about parts not being available by the date provided. You seem to have a good grasp on the variables involved and an understanding that the best I can do is make a guess at this point, so I'll take a shot at it for you.

The development of the headers and exhaust system are complete and so is the construction of the production welding fixtures. Due to this fact and my experience with our process requirements, I'd say the 1-7/8" headers will be available by the end of this month and the exhaust system will become available sometime next month. We had to order some new bend tooling for producing the 1-3/4" headers, so that will make them the last product to hit the shelf as we complete this project. I hope this helps you in your decision making.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:27 AM
On The Tree

I'm hesitant to post up any specific dates due to guys using them as official release dates here in the past and then grinding me about parts not being available by the date provided. You seem to have a good grasp on the variables involved and an understanding that the best I can do is make a guess at this point, so I'll take a shot at it for you.

The development of the headers and exhaust system are complete and so is the construction of the production welding fixtures. Due to this fact and my experience with our process requirements, I'd say the 1-7/8" headers will be available by the end of this month and the exhaust system will become available sometime next month. We had to order some new bend tooling for producing the 1-3/4" headers, so that will make them the last product to hit the shelf as we complete this project. I hope this helps you in your decision making.
Yes that absolutely does help, thanks! I can definitely wait that long. You just made yourself a sale.
Old 06-14-2015, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Definitely interested in this. I was on the fence about the kooks system. But my camaro is never going to be close to the 1200hp that said system is supposed to be capable of supporting. Thread subscribed.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

...stainless steel mid-length headers and a bolt-on compatible 2.5" dual exhaust system...
Just wondering, does this mean both are stainless or only the headers?

Quick Reply: New Hooker 4th-gen F-body Headers and Exhaust