Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Hooker 4th-gen F-body Headers and Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 09:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddoky
Not yet, but I will make a point to record some when I bring the B4C prototype car back in the shop to install a production system once the 1st production run gets completed. I'm also going to make a couple of before/after dyno pulls on it since it still equipped with the compete stock Y-pipe and muffler system.
The pictures look good, especially the ground clearance. If the video clips sound good and dyno tests show decent gains over stock I'm sold.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Toddoky
Not yet, but I will make a point to record some when I bring the B4C prototype car back in the shop to install a production system once the 1st production run gets completed. I'm also going to make a couple of before/after dyno pulls on it since it still equipped with the compete stock Y-pipe and muffler system.
awesome thanks!
Old 08-19-2015, 02:43 PM
TECH Resident

looks sweet.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mad Machine

To anyone with long tubes: I've noticed that many LTs come with y pipes. They also have the option of either catted or ORY. I assume the catted version is because there is no room for cats before the y pipe when using LTs. Of course the factory y pipe does not have cats, as they are mounted to the manifolds before the y pipe. My question is, will LTs mount to the factory y pipe, or are the y pipes for LTs different?

I've noticed a lot of people are interested in a TD system that can be used with LTs. IF the front pipes for the 50 state version are in the same position as the factory y pipe, and IF LTs will connect to the factory y pipe, couldn't LTs be used with 50 state version? If any of my points are wrong please correct me.
I was looking at that too. I made a crude pic for comparison and it looks like with a small amount of cutting, 2 3"-2.5" cone reducers and some clamps (or welds) this should be pretty straight forward to make work with existing long tubes.

Last edited by tophatjimmy; 08-21-2015 at 07:52 PM.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:08 AM
Banned

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by tophatjimmy
I was looking at that too. I made a crude pic for comparison and it looks like with a small amount of cutting, 2 3"-2.5" cone reducers and some clamps (or welds) this should be pretty straight forward to make work with existing long tubes.

Bingo, you guys are proving to be the smart bunch I've thought you to be all along. If I was going to be doing a custom install with one of the Hooker dual systems and a set of long tubes, I would start with the non-50 state dual system since there are long cone reducers included with it that can be modified and repurposed for use with long tubes.
Old 08-22-2015, 12:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's my thought.

Use the 50-state system.

On the drivers side, don't use the flanged Hooker end. A Flowmaster venturi reducer should slip on to the LT and into the Hooker pipe with some minor, if any trimming.

On the pass side, don't use the flanged Hooker pipe. Use a 2.5" 45* bend and another Flowmaster reducer. Weld together and use in place of the Hooker pipe.

Slip fit, no cutting required solution for about $40.

If you need to resell it later, the system is now compatible with both OEM manifolds and LT headers.

Last edited by tophatjimmy; 08-22-2015 at 05:41 PM.
Old 08-23-2015, 06:15 AM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

really like the looks of this setup. I took off my corsa because of the rasp and did a slp power flow , sounds ok but nothing beats td's imo.

Has anyone installed yet with longtubes? As the pics above doesn't look like too much work would be needed.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:07 PM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Got an email from vendor today stating system had shipped
cant wait!
Old 08-28-2015, 05:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RGSS
Got an email from vendor today stating system had shipped
cant wait!
Yep, the entire first run of the systems shipped out so quickly last week that we've set up to do the second run already.
Old 08-30-2015, 01:53 PM
Teching In

Default New Hooker 4th-gen F-body Headers and Exhaust Coming Soon

Is there any chance this system will work with UMI transmission mounted torque arm and UMI transmission mount?
Old 08-30-2015, 01:55 PM

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,146 Posts

Link to off-road version?
Old 08-30-2015, 04:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Buck99
Is there any chance this system will work with UMI transmission mounted torque arm and UMI transmission mount?
I honestly don't know. Are those components compatible with the stock F-body exhaust system? If so, they should also be compatible with the Hooker dual exhaust systems.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:41 PM
Teching In

The stock manifolds,cats and Y pipe are still there. I put a magnaflow catback system on about a year ago. Wish I would have waited for something like this to come. I'm looking for ground clearance and a decent sound. I like handling and curvy roads. I plan a mild cam upgrade but nothing radical. I am about 2 hours away in middle TN. Are more pictures of this system installed out there? I also thought about using the cat back set-up you just released behind a set of 2469-2HKR headers. With a 3" to 2 1/2" adapter set, looks like a little cutting it would be close as long as the headers exit in the same angle as the exhaust system is made?
Old 08-30-2015, 07:04 PM
Banned

The stock manifolds,cats and Y pipe are still there. I put a magnaflow catback system on about a year ago. Wish I would have waited for something like this to come. I'm looking for ground clearance and a decent sound. I like handling and curvy roads. I plan a mild cam upgrade but nothing radical. I am about 2 hours away in middle TN. Are more pictures of this system installed out there? I also thought about using the cat back set-up you just released behind a set of 2469-2HKR headers. With a 3" to 2 1/2" adapter set, looks like a little cutting it would be close as long as the headers exit in the same angle as the exhaust system is made?
If you tell me what you are trying to get a better look at, I can scour through my photo file and see if I have a photo or two I can post up for you. I test fit all the pre-existing Hooker long tubes on the car at the beginning of the project to see if they would provide fitment worth making this new dual system compatible with and they all would have required lowering the ground clearance of the exhaust to provide connectivity...we chose to go a different direction with the priority being maximized ground clearance.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:55 AM
Teching In

I am more interested in the ground clearance than the long tubes for my set-up. The area from the engine to the transmission is where I wanted to see a little better. Does the mid length headers and or the true duals have the ports for the O2 sensors? My tune guy would rather keep them installed? Is there a way to contact you outside the forum?
Old 08-31-2015, 07:00 AM
Banned

I am more interested in the ground clearance than the long tubes for my set-up. The area from the engine to the transmission is where I wanted to see a little better. Does the mid length headers and or the true duals have the ports for the O2 sensors? My tune guy would rather keep them installed? Is there a way to contact you outside the forum?
I think I have the exact photos you want to see. The O2 bungs are in the inlet tubes of the exhaust system...send me a PM with your email address if you want to exchange information outside this forum.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:27 AM
Teching In

Not sure how to PM. Sorry!
Old 08-31-2015, 08:26 AM
Banned

Not sure how to PM. Sorry!
Just click on my username at the top of my post and it will give you an instant "send message" option.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:52 AM
Banned

Here you go Buck99, these two photos should show you what you want to see.

Old 08-31-2015, 10:21 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd also like to point out that the clearance of this system will still be beneficial even with longtubes. I had a 3" ypipe and long tubes that was tucked very close to the body. The long tubes were the lowest point in my system yet it was my ypipe that had scrape marks on it and not the long tubes. My theory is that the long tubes are close enough to the front wheels that they get lifted over speed bumps where as the y/x pipe and midpipe areas get set down on them as the front wheels roll over the bump.

Quick Reply: New Hooker 4th-gen F-body Headers and Exhaust