Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP True Duals Hanger Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 03:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TSP True Duals Hanger Question

Today I ordered TSP's true duals. I was wondering how exactly the hangers on the mufflers are attatched to the car. I asked some questions to the guy on the phone at texas speed. He was very helpful and mentioned that people do it a few different ways. That being said, how did you guys hang your tsp true duals? PLEASE POST UP SOME PICS IF YOU HAVE THEM! Also, feel free to throw in any other tips that you can think of for the install! Thanks!
Old 06-19-2015, 05:43 PM
Launching!

Bolt, washer, and nylock nut is what I used. I had an issue with the mufflers not being far enough forward. I checked and double checked, everything was as far forward as I could get it. I had to heat/bend the hangers to get them close enough to the body to bolt them up. Not a big deal to me as the sound is awesome and LOUD!!! Worth it.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by red_00z28
Bolt, washer, and nylock nut is what I used. I had an issue with the mufflers not being far enough forward. I checked and double checked, everything was as far forward as I could get it. I had to heat/bend the hangers to get them close enough to the body to bolt them up. Not a big deal to me as the sound is awesome and LOUD!!! Worth it.
So, do you drill a hole in the floor board then?
Old 06-19-2015, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah you just have to drill 2 holes in the floor board behind the rear seats.. I didn't need to pull the seats tho, just flipped then down and pulled back the carpet.. I did not have to heat and bend my hangers tho mine seemed to line up pretty close to the floor board.

Last edited by Irocz2LS1; 06-19-2015 at 06:43 PM.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Irocz2LS1
Yeah you just have to drill 2 holes in the floor board behind the rear seats.. I didn't need to pull the seats tho, just flipped then down and pulled back the carpet.. I did not have to heat and bend my hangers tho mine seemed to line up pretty close to the floor board.
Good deal. Thanks!
Old 06-25-2015, 03:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

I will finally be installing these in the next couple days, and I was wondering if someone could snap a picture of how everything goes together or link me to a thread that has some good pictures, as i have searched w/out much success. Also, I have heard of people installing the "x" pipe upside-down. How does that happen? It looks symmetrical on that plane to me, but perhaps I have not looked closely enough yet. Also, did you guys clamp everything together and then install it on the car, or did you install each peice one by one?
Old 06-25-2015, 05:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1995_maro_z
I will finally be installing these in the next couple days, and I was wondering if someone could snap a picture of how everything goes together or link me to a thread that has some good pictures, as i have searched w/out much success. Also, I have heard of people installing the "x" pipe upside-down. How does that happen? It looks symmetrical on that plane to me, but perhaps I have not looked closely enough yet. Also, did you guys clamp everything together and then install it on the car, or did you install each peice one by one?
It's not rocket science. It will be pretty self explanatory once you start putting it on the car. Piece by piece is the best way. Start at the headers and work your way back. Leave the clamps loose until it's all together as you will have to adjust them to get them tucked up nice and neat for the best ground clearance. Best to do it with the car level and the full weight on the rear end to keep the torque arm as far up as possible. Make sure the x-pipe exit curve up and back. You will know what I'm talking about if you look at the x-pipe. Best of luck and make sure everything is as far forward as you can get it.
Old 06-25-2015, 05:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by red_00z28
It's not rocket science. It will be pretty self explanatory once you start putting it on the car. Piece by piece is the best way. Start at the headers and work your way back. Leave the clamps loose until it's all together as you will have to adjust them to get them tucked up nice and neat for the best ground clearance. Best to do it with the car level and the full weight on the rear end to keep the torque arm as far up as possible. Make sure the x-pipe exit curve up and back. You will know what I'm talking about if you look at the x-pipe. Best of luck and make sure everything is as far forward as you can get it.
Alright. Thanks!
Old 07-02-2015, 10:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Alright. Thanks!
I am having serious clearance issues at the pipe between the drivers side header and the x pipe. Specifically the pipe that is closest to the x pipe (since there are two on that side). I only have MAYBE 3"-4" of clearance between that pipe and the ground. It hangs lower than my headers! How can I remedy this, or is that common or normal?
Old 07-02-2015, 10:59 PM
TECH Regular

I am having serious clearance issues at the pipe between the drivers side header and the x pipe. Specifically the pipe that is closest to the x pipe (since there are two on that side). I only have MAYBE 3"-4" of clearance between that pipe and the ground. It hangs lower than my headers! How can I remedy this, or is that common or normal?
I didnt install TSP Duals but something similar, and i found when i initially had clearance problems hanging them, it was because when the car is jacked the rear hangs, putting the driveshaft lower, thus ******* up your routing.

Jack up the rear diff to get the driveshaft higher and really tuck it up there.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JohnS Z28
I didnt install TSP Duals but something similar, and i found when i initially had clearance problems hanging them, it was because when the car is jacked the rear hangs, putting the driveshaft lower, thus ******* up your routing.

Jack up the rear diff to get the driveshaft higher and really tuck it up there.
I had the rear end up in the air on jack stands. I guess I'll try squeezing it up even closer to the toque arm. Also, I'm gonna flip the fuel line brackets. That should give me another inch or two at the mufflers, but I don't see that pipe between the "x" and the drivers side header moving up much when I do that.
Old 07-03-2015, 02:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Also, did you guys leave your tunnel brace off?
Old 07-03-2015, 05:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

This is a pretty good thread w/ pics. https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ts-o-pics.html
Old 07-04-2015, 03:23 AM

I had to heat/bend the hangers to get them close enough to the body to bolt them up.
Old 07-04-2015, 01:36 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes leave the "tunnel brace" off. It's a flimsy *** piece of stamped steel that really does NOTHING. Grab a MWC driveshaft safety loop (sweet piece) if it really bothers you.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Yes leave the "tunnel brace" off. It's a flimsy *** piece of stamped steel that really does NOTHING. Grab a MWC driveshaft safety loop (sweet piece) if it really bothers you.
It doesn't really bother me much lol will the Mwc safety loop clear tsp duals?
Old 07-05-2015, 10:29 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

It doesn't really bother me much lol will the Mwc safety loop clear tsp duals?
Absolutely. It bolts where the regular brace was, but tucks up IN the tunnel. No chance of interference.

http://midwestchassis.com/driveshafts--loops.html

Quick Reply: TSP True Duals Hanger Question