Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want loud exhaust.. VERY loud..

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 01:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ellis Juan
check out the clip in my 3" xpipe no mufflers sound clip thread.
man that sounds awesome! but is that louder than open headers?
Old 06-09-2004, 01:56 PM
Launching!

Mannnn i dont know but i think its real close
Old 06-09-2004, 02:42 PM
TECH Regular

long thread, dont feel like reading it all...but if i remember correctly, someone on here has ridiculously loud exhaust. LT's, no cats going into (correct name?) a boom tube (nascar thing). It has the ultimate scavenging and he said on a scale 1 to 10, 10 being nascar, he said it was 14.
Old 06-09-2004, 04:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want loud, open header is the way to go. It is stupid loud and unless you have big cam to give it some chop, it will just be to loud and VERY drone. It will rattle everything inside of the car. I had my car on open headers last night moving it out of the shop. Sounded great at an idle but give it any throttle and it makes your head hurt. Not to mention it fills the interior of car with fumes.

I am running a NASCAR Boom Tube on the car. It is hands down, the best sounding exauhst you will hear. No mufflers, no cats. Loud.......yeah, puts a loud mouth and the GMMG to shame. But its a very crisp choppy loud at idle. When I plant the throttle it sounds like Dale Jr. coming down the street at 7 grand. I have gone by people at WOT and wacthed them about **** thier pants while trying to cover thier ears at the same time. At the last group dyno day it didnt matter if you had ear plugs, your ears rang for a couple hours afterwords.

I have a dyno vid floating around somewhere I can try to send you. Its in quicktime format. when it plays you can watch the audio bars moving up and down. when I nail it, it pins the last 3 bars at max input. Basically it washed the mic on the camera out to the point where it could no longer take anymore sound.
Old 06-09-2004, 04:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NataSS Inc
If you want loud, open header is the way to go. It is stupid loud and unless you have big cam to give it some chop, it will just be to loud and VERY drone. It will rattle everything inside of the car. I had my car on open headers last night moving it out of the shop. Sounded great at an idle but give it any throttle and it makes your head hurt. Not to mention it fills the interior of car with fumes.

I am running a NASCAR Boom Tube on the car. It is hands down, the best sounding exauhst you will hear. No mufflers, no cats. Loud.......yeah, puts a loud mouth and the GMMG to shame. But its a very crisp choppy loud at idle. When I plant the throttle it sounds like Dale Jr. coming down the street at 7 grand. I have gone by people at WOT and wacthed them about **** thier pants while trying to cover thier ears at the same time. At the last group dyno day it didnt matter if you had ear plugs, your ears rang for a couple hours afterwords.

I have a dyno vid floating around somewhere I can try to send you. Its in quicktime format. when it plays you can watch the audio bars moving up and down. when I nail it, it pins the last 3 bars at max input. Basically it washed the mic on the camera out to the point where it could no longer take anymore sound.
Send me the clip, I'd love to hear it. BTW I'm not looking for all out nasty loud. Of course I DO want it to sound good along with being loud. If the NASCAR boom tube is just nasty loud and doesnt have a nice rumble to it, then it's what I'm looking for. If its like an SLP loudmouth without any cat's and long tubes just 5X louder then I want to stay away from it.
Old 06-09-2004, 04:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

This doesnt rumble. It has a stachato chop to it at an idle. Much like you would hear on a NASCAR. Alot of this is because of my cam. The more cam you have the choppier it will be. I dont know what your current set up is but if your still a totally stock internalled car, I have no idea what it will sound like.

PM me your email and I will try to send you the vid.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NataSS Inc
This doesnt rumble. It has a stachato chop to it at an idle. Much like you would hear on a NASCAR. Alot of this is because of my cam. The more cam you have the choppier it will be. I dont know what your current set up is but if your still a totally stock internalled car, I have no idea what it will sound like.

PM me your email and I will try to send you the vid.
your video is crazy! but it sounds a lot like the loudmouth in my opinion, just with heads and cam of course. How do you think they compare?
Old 06-09-2004, 05:37 PM
Launching!

Funny that you guys mentioned the boom tube because I was asking about it on ls2dotcom. I have jet hot LT's catted y-pipe and LM catback and yes it's loud but I'm the same as Ohmyneck... It's just not enough for me.. I heard a sound clip of the boom tube set up on an ls1 and it was the meanest sounding thing I've ever heard... NataSS... Do you have pic of your set up? How much did it run you installed? I actually just got a TR 227/224 cam today and I
'm waiting to install it but I'm not sure it's going to be as choppy as I'd like and I might get rid of it for a TR230.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Dude... boom tube is infinitely louder than loudmouth. I have never, NEVER heard anything quite like it before. His clips do it no justice at all... it is literally scary sounding.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:39 PM
TECH Veteran

And tuffass I posted some pics of NataSS's boom tube for you on LS2.com in your thread...
Old 06-09-2004, 06:04 PM
12 Second Club

BOOMTUBES...that is if you got a camaro...if you gotta formulaor T/A...True Duals...LT's X-pipe....Flowmaster 1 chamber

if that fails....CUT THE MUFFLER OFF AND DUMP IT B4 THE AXLE

you can get a nice aggressive camshaft too....mayb givve you a lil more of that classy muscle tone
Old 06-09-2004, 06:12 PM
Launching!

Ohh Ok, thats his set up? DO you have the dyno vid/sound clip? What size cam is NataSS running?
Old 06-09-2004, 06:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

230 / 227 .591int .571exh 112lsa

Tranzor is right the vids dont do it any justice. As soon as I stick the throttle it washes out the mic on just about any cam corder. The old one my wife has, hasnt worked the same since the dyno day.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tuffass
Ohh Ok, thats his set up? DO you have the dyno vid/sound clip? What size cam is NataSS running?
Well i guess im gonna ask the opinion of a local shop to see if it can be done. NataSS thanks for the info and trust me ill be able to handle the sound If you want to see his video its in this thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ight=boom+tube
Old 06-09-2004, 08:35 PM
TECH Addict

Default You want loud!!

Here is a vid and sound clip of Nata SS Inc's Boomtube setup..

Don't have your volume too high.. You may wanna lower the bass also...

Vid

Boom Tube mp3

May God Bless your ears...
Old 06-09-2004, 09:11 PM
12 Second Club

old muscle sound would be the LT's true duals 3" X-pipe and 1 Chamber Flowmaster....or LT's w/ or w/o cats....and GMMG with an aggressive cam! would give it that lil bit of choppiness the lil bit of rasp/crackling/pissed offedness lol...all it says either way is IM GONNA EAT YOU....get a cutout either way
Old 08-18-2004, 12:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

I have heard SUX2BUs car. That thing sounds bad ***. It really is the best of both worlds in an exaust
Old 08-18-2004, 01:48 AM
TECH Regular

i looked at the dr. gas site and still dont understand what the boom tube is at all. does anyone have any pics or can anyone explain this to a n00b?
Old 08-18-2004, 02:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by zchgla
i looked at the dr. gas site and still dont understand what the boom tube is at all. does anyone have any pics or can anyone explain this to a n00b?
if this is going on your daily driver forget it. The clearance is horrible. You have to modify the frame of the car as well to make it fit.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

we didnt have to modify anything other than the DSL to get mine to fit. Clearence is horrible though. I cant go anywhere that has speedbumps.

Quick Reply: I want loud exhaust.. VERY loud..