Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want loud exhaust.. VERY loud..

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 04:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want loud exhaust.. VERY loud..

I allready have the "dynomouth" Setup, which is basically the SLP Loudmouth - the rasp. I think it sounds pretty good, but I want a deeper louder exhaust. I know everyone says the the LM is the loudest exhaust out there, but i want it louder and a little better sound. I really wanna go with true duals, and some Hooker LT's.. I've heard the Lanes true duals with the 3 inch dynomax bullets and its pretty loud, but it wasnt an old school muscle car sound. It was okay, but not exactly what I'm looking for. Any advice? All I'm looking for is LOUD, Deep muscle car rumble, true duals, and LT's which setup should I go with... BTW I wont have any cats
Old 06-07-2004, 04:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ohmyneck
I allready have the "dynomouth" Setup, which is basically the SLP Loudmouth - the rasp. I think it sounds pretty good, but I want a deeper louder exhaust. I know everyone says the the LM is the loudest exhaust out there, but i want it louder and a little better sound. I really wanna go with true duals, and some Hooker LT's.. I've heard the Lanes true duals with the 3 inch dynomax bullets and its pretty loud, but it wasnt an old school muscle car sound. It was okay, but not exactly what I'm looking for. Any advice? All I'm looking for is LOUD, Deep muscle car rumble, true duals, and LT's which setup should I go with... BTW I wont have any cats
Check out the clip in my sig.. It's not the loudest exhausts out there, but it has a nice rumble. and it doesn't give me a headache..
Old 06-07-2004, 04:34 PM
Launching!

true duals dumped, with 12" bullets and cutouts. The "old school" sound you're looking for will depend on more than just exhaust though. With (even without) the cutouts open, it'll be pretty loud, and your cam will have a lot to do with how agressive it sounds.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:35 PM
Launching!

How much did you get the borla duals done for? Thats sounds like you have a nice cam as well I think I'd be really happy with that setup.. Sounds very wicked
Old 06-07-2004, 04:38 PM
12 Second Club

I have Jet-Hot LTs, no cats, Lanes 3" X-Pipe with 12" bullets dumped before the axles and it is Loud as hell . If I were you I would for sure go with the duals you will love them.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:43 PM
Launching!

the true duals w bullets sounds okay, but i want a deeper rumble. I'm just not a fan of the bullets because everyone has them. No offense to you guys, but i'm just not a fan of the bullets. I really like that Borla true dual setup though.. It sounds wicked, and exactly what I'm looking for
Old 06-07-2004, 04:49 PM
Launching!

What about GMMG? Is it as loud as the LM or even realitively close? I want loud and a nice sound to it, and I know everyone says by far that GMMG sounds awesome. I definatly love the way those Borla's sound and I'm gonna check more into it, but for what I'd spend on those Borla's and a true dual setup.. I could get the GMMG and tips running out the back.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:57 PM
12 Second Club

the true duals w bullets sounds okay, but i want a deeper rumble. I'm just not a fan of the bullets because everyone has them. No offense to you guys, but i'm just not a fan of the bullets. I really like that Borla true dual setup though.. It sounds wicked, and exactly what I'm looking for
Thats why I am switching over to 1 chamber flowmasters .
Old 06-07-2004, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

The GMMG cat-back system sounds very nice with some LT headers and highflow cats. This exact set-up is the best sounding cat-back/header combo I've ever heard on an LS1 F-body. Just a pure deep rumble all the way to redline (no rasp or high-pitched sounds).

But as for the best sounding (loudest and deepest combo), LT headers, no cats, and 3" X-pipe out some FLOWMASTER 1-CHAMBER 10 series mufflers! Awesome muscle car sound no doubt. If you don't believe me, go to www.ls1sounds.com and listen to the four clips of the Black '01 SS with those same mufflers, 3" X-pipe, no cats, and Kooks LT's. Two of them include the big cam he has.

Mike
Old 06-07-2004, 05:06 PM
Staging Lane

GMMG is nowhere near as loud as the Loudmouth. I just made the switch from the loudmouth to GMMG and I'm a lil disappointed. It has a nice sound at WOT, but relatively quiet otherwise. I miss the rumble of the loudmouth at idle. I have stock everything else, though. So maybe when I get some LT's on there I'll get my devilish grin back.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:08 PM
TECH Addict

How much did you get the borla duals done for? Thats sounds like you have a nice cam as well I think I'd be really happy with that setup.. Sounds very wicked
My setup ran me about $400.. me and a buddy did the install. The most expensive part of the exhaust was the mufflers. $125 each, they're what make the exhaust.

Man.. I've found myself going outside and starting the car just to listen to it..
Old 06-07-2004, 05:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you can spend all the money you want on exhaust. instead, just cut it off
right after the headers. best sound money can buy =]
Old 06-07-2004, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The_Snyper
GMMG is nowhere near as loud as the Loudmouth. I just made the switch from the loudmouth to GMMG and I'm a lil disappointed. It has a nice sound at WOT, but relatively quiet otherwise. I miss the rumble of the loudmouth at idle. I have stock everything else, though. So maybe when I get some LT's on there I'll get my devilish grin back.
You'd be surprised at how loud your GMMG actually is outside the car. I too went from the Loudmouth to the GMMG on my last LS1 and the GMMG was a little quieter inside the car but almost as loud outside. Yes the GMMG isn't as loud at idle, but it sounds waaaaaaaay better than the Loudmouth throughout the rpm range (especially at WOT!) . Just a deeper, cleaner note that also sounds even better withsome LT headers and highflow cats...

You made the right choice man!
Old 06-07-2004, 09:43 PM
TECH Resident

Boyce(Natassinc, northwest section moderator) has got a boom tube exhaust on his car. I have the GMMG with LTs and high flow cats, his car is 10x louder than mine at idle and WOT, not to mention his exhaust looks cool to.
Hands down, the loudest exhaust out there!!
Old 06-07-2004, 10:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get ready to get pulled over and ticketed.I have a X-pipe to 3" true dual and this thing is so damn loud if I get on it you can here me a mile away.Feels like I gained 20hp over the stock exhaust I had.430+RWHP sounds wicked at WOT. Get to know the cops real good in your area.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02SOMWS6
Get ready to get pulled over and ticketed.I have a X-pipe to 3" true dual and this thing is so damn loud if I get on it you can here me a mile away.Feels like I gained 20hp over the stock exhaust I had.430+RWHP sounds wicked at WOT. Get to know the cops real good in your area.
I ran open header for weeks before I got my duals, and got nothing but occasional dirty looks from cops. Of course, I did try and avoid going WOT when they were right there but they got to hear plenty and didn't do anything. On the other hand, I was once given the third degree by some D!(k when I had the loudmouth on otherwise stock exhaust, probably had a lot to do with the fact that I was still in high school If you drive well enough you should be fine.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:41 AM
TECH Addict

http://ws6.hpstudios.com/headers.AVI

Hows that?

Jason
Old 06-08-2004, 08:32 AM
On The Tree

So which sounds better: open headers or true duals? And if open headers sounds better then cant u just dump right out of the collectors?
Old 06-08-2004, 12:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by m_donze
So which sounds better: open headers or true duals? And if open headers sounds better then cant u just dump right out of the collectors?
Open headers are too loud to consider, trust me. The best exhaust would be true duals with cutouts right off the collector. I will get electric cutouts on mine eventually. If you must know......open header sounds, well, too good to put into words It sounds that good. I LOVED it, ran it for weeks, but it sucked when I had anyone in the car because we could NOT hear each other talk even at very low RPM and my neighbors were MAJORLY annoyed by it, let me tell you.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:30 PM
Launching!

Here's the 2 decisions I've brought it down to...

I'll go with either Jet Hot coated LT's or the Hooker coated LT's..
with no cats

and either true duals with an X-pipe and flowmaster 1 chambers

OR

and X-pipe and Borla XR-1 mufflers.. which do you think would sound better or louder? For now It will be on a stock car, but hopefully by christmas it will be breathing a little louder with a nice cam

Quick Reply: I want loud exhaust.. VERY loud..