Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cut out wire routing?

Old 09-01-2016, 08:05 PM
SCH
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cut out wire routing?

Hey guys this is the first post I've done here. I know some of you guys have cut outs on your cars. I just put the new Texas speed cat back system on my 02 WS6. Man it sounds great and so aggressive! I have the cut out mounted on the exhaust and trying to find a place to bring the wire in to the cabin to mount it. I thought to use a grommet on the fir wall but there really isn't one to go through that is in sight. I thought about coming through the shifter but not sure about that. I'm afraid it would cut the wire? Where did some of you guys run your wire through in to the cabin?
Old 09-01-2016, 08:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 345 Likes on 237 Posts

Sorry about the **** picture but I went threw the rubber grommet under the passenger seat. Then under the carpet and pulled the wire out from under the passenger seat where there is a slit cut from the factory.

Old 09-01-2016, 09:05 PM
TECH Resident

I used the grommet in the rear passenger side footwell. I don't plan on having passengers there, and the location was closest to the cutout for me.

I had to remove the rear seat bottom to lift the carpet enough to snake the wire into the center console. Then I just tapped into the second cigarette lighter and wired it up.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 345 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by wayland1985
I used the grommet in the rear passenger side footwell. I don't plan on having passengers there, and the location was closest to the cutout for me.

I had to remove the rear seat bottom to lift the carpet enough to snake the wire into the center console. Then I just tapped into the second cigarette lighter and wired it up.
This is also what I did.

Edit: I meant to say rear passenger grommet in my first post, and fished it up threw just like the post quoted
Old 09-01-2016, 09:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 297 Likes on 165 Posts

I went through the rubber grommet under the rear passenger seat. It should be almost directly next to the cutout. Then I went from under the carpet to behind the passenger side kick-panel, then to behind the glovebox and I have the switch in the ashtray area. If that makes sense. To put it simply I went from rear ps seat->kick-panel->behind glovebox->behind and below the radio->ashtray

Probably could have ran it straight under the carpet to under the center console but this seemed like the easiest way to go about it at the time.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:07 PM
SCH
Teching In

Ok cool! I'll check that out in the morning. Thanks for the idea fellas! I appreciate the help.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yup grommet under the passenger seat, easy thing to do is route it under the center console and up over near your passenger driver seat, can tap into there for power as well.
Old 09-03-2016, 11:44 AM
SCH
Teching In

Thanks for the help fellas! I got the cut out hooked up finally! I came up through the grommet like you guys mentioned and up under the carpet to the console. I don't smoke so I put the switch in the ashtray like mentioned above. Man that thing is stupid obnoxious when you are getting on it! It's fun playing with it though. Thanks again for the help guys!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cut out wire routing?