Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Kits!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 01:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Sorry for the delay in pics, work and vacation got in the way. Placed my order for the bracket. Have to change my transmission fluid so when it comes I will take pictures before and after. This is also with Kooks FWIW
Old 07-01-2017, 04:14 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

I ordered that bracket as well. It'd be nice to pull it up right before the axle.
Old 07-01-2017, 07:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by NovaNut21
I need the most ground clearance possible, as I live in a state that does not maintain roads the best. I thought it helped to support the after x section that goes up and over the rear axle to prevent sagging which is where the lowest point is located.
LOL. Does not maintain the roads the best. How muc ice/snow/salt do you see in a given year. Your in a much better part of the country roadwise than most of us. Ytavel 800 miles north and tell me how bad your roads are.

People worried about exhaust clearance on rough roads are a bit out of touch I believe. I used to have to BLAST down my 1/4 mile gravel, rutted driveway with a giant hump running down the middle 100 times each winter just to make it out without getting stuck in my Mustang. I had some exhaust mayhem from time to time. not ONCE did I ever encounter a road where clearance was an issue. Keep it on-road and you'll be fine. If you've gotta bad driveway, speedbump area etc fine, otherwise STFU.

Live where salt and ice are the norm for a few months out of the year and get back to me. For the love of Christ.
Old 07-01-2017, 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm not vouching for SE or making excuses, but there seems to be a large variance with clearance and happiness after installing these kits. My gut tells me that there are people that know what they are doing somewhat and people that do not.

If I had an exhaust kit that fit like **** I guarantee you that Id be able to tell you why specifically. And be 75% confident that I could fix it.

If some guys can do it and some guys cant....maybe it's manufacturing variances.... or maybe it's skill level. It's been surprising to see how many people take their cars to shops to do things like bolts ons and gears etc. We are talking about a VERY wide range of skill and experience here. If this is your first time doing a full exhaust on a car or your dozenth, ever had to weld and or fab **** up or not, things are gonna look different.

Bottom line is that I will gladly pay $500 for a kit that gets MOST of the bends right and DOES most of the work already. If it's gotta be modded then it's gotta be modded. Fpr the price you can't beat it. I've always assumed that I would do true duals myself with a box of mandrels, pipe and a welder.
Old 07-01-2017, 07:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,109 Likes on 2,424 Posts

To me, none of this is anything an accomplished fabricator or even muffler shop installer can't handle. A bargain of a kit like this would be put on the car as best as the owner can do himself, then if it needs tweaking, either the owner, if he has welding knowledge and can handle a sawzall or hack saw, can do the teak, or barring that, take it to a muffler shop where it WILL get done with an appropriate amount of notching, bending, and rewilding. It ain't rocket science...
Old 07-03-2017, 09:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
LOL. Does not maintain the roads the best. How muc ice/snow/salt do you see in a given year. Your in a much better part of the country roadwise than most of us. Ytavel 800 miles north and tell me how bad your roads are.

People worried about exhaust clearance on rough roads are a bit out of touch I believe. I used to have to BLAST down my 1/4 mile gravel, rutted driveway with a giant hump running down the middle 100 times each winter just to make it out without getting stuck in my Mustang. I had some exhaust mayhem from time to time. not ONCE did I ever encounter a road where clearance was an issue. Keep it on-road and you'll be fine. If you've gotta bad driveway, speedbump area etc fine, otherwise STFU.

Live where salt and ice are the norm for a few months out of the year and get back to me. For the love of Christ.

I'm not getting into a pissing match with you over regional road quality. For your information we receive these said conditions you list 4-6months a year depending on the severity of the winter. I also have a rough driveway and odd approach and departure angles at certain places including speed bumps.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mac62989
Sorry for the delay in pics, work and vacation got in the way. Placed my order for the bracket. Have to change my transmission fluid so when it comes I will take pictures before and after. This is also with Kooks FWIW
Thanks, I will be looking forward to seeing the pics.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:38 PM
Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you guys for all the comments and business..

Sean
Old 07-03-2017, 05:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by tyler02z28
My car is stock ride height. Lowest point of exhaust is at xpipe. 2.5" from ground.
and I live on east coast of Canada, with some of the worst roads in North America.

I have 2 1/2-3" of clearance at X pipe and my car is lowered 1 1/4" with BMR coils
Old 07-03-2017, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know the diameter of round mufflers that will fit in place of the ones that come with the exhaust? Would 6" be to big?
Old 07-07-2017, 08:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 137 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeFusion
I ordered that bracket as well. It'd be nice to pull it up right before the axle.
I am interested in this bracket. Would you let me know what you think once you get it please?
Old 07-07-2017, 09:07 PM
TECH Junkie

^Plan to install mine tomorrow. Will report back with pics
Old 07-08-2017, 08:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Reporting back, while changing the tranny fluid I tried to see where this bracket goes and honestly have no clue. The pipes right before the axle on the driver side are real close to the driveshaft. Couldn't figure out where the back seatbelt botls in either. Pics from speed engineering or anyone else who installed would really help..
Old 07-10-2017, 09:27 AM
On The Tree

Hey guys, I'm still having some clearance issues. Does anyone happen to have a pic of their hanger bracket installed?

Side note to Speed Eng.: This system sounds killer on an LT1! I don't know what it is, but something about true duals on the LT1 sounds far better than any LS car I've ever heard. Now if only I had the power to back it up
Old 07-18-2017, 01:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PyroguyFTW
Hey guys, I'm still having some clearance issues. Does anyone happen to have a pic of their hanger bracket installed?

Side note to Speed Eng.: This system sounds killer on an LT1! I don't know what it is, but something about true duals on the LT1 sounds far better than any LS car I've ever heard. Now if only I had the power to back it up
I will try and get some pictures of mine tomorrow.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:53 AM
Teching In

I just finished installing the SE 1 7/8 headers and true dual exhaust last week. Still have some minor adjustments to make but looks like a pretty good fit. I did also put in new Spohn solid motor mounts so that played a part in the headers tucking up real tight. I had back surgery the day after so I have not had a chance to get good pics or make anymore adjustments. Maybe this weekend I will get some good pics.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:50 AM
TECH Junkie

bump Speed Engineering any pics of the bracket installed?
Old 07-18-2017, 10:35 AM
Teching In

Default Speed Engineering headers and true dual rear exit exhaust

Installed the SE headers and rear exit true duals last week. Also installed Spohn solid motor mounts, MSD wires, NGK iridium plugs and also poly trans and torque arm mounts while I was at it. The headers and true duals sound awesome and aggressive. Honesty very loud but I like it. The whole set up with solid mounts and exhaust shakes the hell out of my interior now but u get used to it. My car is lowered in back about 3/4 inch with heater hose mod.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:50 AM
Teching In

Want to thank the guys over at Speed Engineering for taking the time to build us a true dual system at an affordable price. Also for promptly sending me the hardware that was missing from my badly beat to crap shipment. We can thank my co-workers over at UPS for that. Lol! It happens with a big heavy box that is riding across the country in the back of an eighteen wheeler and also going through the conveyor system. I did replace the bolts with grade 8 bolts, lock washers and nuts. Grade 8 nuts and bolts ran me about $25 to $30 at Lowes. No biggie considering the amount saved over the other true dual set up I was thinking of buying. Car is only bolt ons.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:56 AM
Teching In

Posted a few pics but looks like they need to get approved first. Sorry but I am new to posting here. I do visit a lot and thank those members that post pics and how to's, they really help when working on my own car.

Quick Reply: Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Kits!!