Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST install question

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 02:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by scotty2000ss
You're going to have to run the vent tube after the MAF. I ran into this problem on my C5Z when I went to the NW 102 DBW. I had to cut a hole on the TB coupler and add a AN fitting for the vent hose. At first I had it blocked off and put a breather on the passenger side valve cover. That was WRONG!
I don't run a MAF, and what I have going from the TB to the lid is one of those hoses from intakehoses.com. It's 4x6 if I remember right. Since it's not hard plastic, I don't think that's going to work. Jason at WARR Performance said something about putting a fitting on the hose going into the intake and attaching that hose to that fitting. Would that work? I wish I'd have just bought the TB with the vent tube.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I don't run a MAF, and what I have going from the TB to the lid is one of those hoses from intakehoses.com. It's 4x6 if I remember right. Since it's not hard plastic, I don't think that's going to work. Jason at WARR Performance said something about putting a fitting on the hose going into the intake and attaching that hose to that fitting. Would that work? I wish I'd have just bought the TB with the vent tube.
Check this thread out I used. Has the fittings you'll need. I tapped them into my rubber TB hose. Haven't had an issue.

http://www.toquez06.com/fast.html
Old 02-07-2017, 03:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by scotty2000ss
Check this thread out I used. Has the fittings you'll need. I tapped them into my rubber TB hose. Haven't had an issue.

http://www.toquez06.com/fast.html
That helps a ton. Thanks!
Old 02-07-2017, 04:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
That helps a ton. Thanks!
Glad I could help!

Quick Reply: FAST install question