Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porting TBSS Intake (My Approach)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 08:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Ottawa Ontario, Canada - where arguing "DA" is for the slow and weak...
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by foxsl
Any updates? I recently street tested an unported tbss intake manifold and it seemed to give better results than a ported tbss intake I tried which had the tube removed. Still haven't dyno'd it but curious on your results.
I have no doubt that the lower end power, throttle response, and driveability is better with the resonance tube installed. I've got a 3800 stall and 3.73s in the wagon, so it gets gets out okay despite the big lazy plenum.

I've been driving the car all Summer without an issue so that's good right? Meaning the epoxy is holding. The car has amazing power and pulls clean to the 6700 shift points. The calculated airmass went way up with the intake swap from ported LS6 to ported TBSS.

I guess the real question is: What does it run in the quarter?

And I won't know that until early Fall when I get it to the track. I'd argue the tell will be MPH difference between the LS6 and the TBSS intakes. I also just installed a single nitrous fogger on the car for giggles... so hopefully I don't get too wrapped up in playing with that.

None the less I'll report back.
Old 02-05-2020, 11:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mOtOrHeAd MiKe
I have no doubt that the lower end power, throttle response, and driveability is better with the resonance tube installed. I've got a 3800 stall and 3.73s in the wagon, so it gets gets out okay despite the big lazy plenum.

I've been driving the car all Summer without an issue so that's good right? Meaning the epoxy is holding. The car has amazing power and pulls clean to the 6700 shift points. The calculated airmass went way up with the intake swap from ported LS6 to ported TBSS.

I guess the real question is: What does it run in the quarter?

And I won't know that until early Fall when I get it to the track. I'd argue the tell will be MPH difference between the LS6 and the TBSS intakes. I also just installed a single nitrous fogger on the car for giggles... so hopefully I don't get too wrapped up in playing with that.

None the less I'll report back.

Ive been following this for a while. Pretty interested to see if you get some concrete results. I think it's awesome to do something like this because I'd rather try and learn than just spend 1000 on another intake. Especially when i can do this really cheap. I am going to do something similar since i just had a dyno run and have good numbers to gauge it.
Old 06-17-2021, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Ottawa Ontario, Canada - where arguing "DA" is for the slow and weak...
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Never did follow up on this.

12.3 @ 109mph off the bottle, and 12.0 @ 116mph on a wonky bit of spray. More details here (out 60s my Hellcat - LOL):

https://gbodyforum.com/threads/1980-...75/post-734230

The video is mislabeled, this is the from Oct 19 - same day as above. This is the 12.3 pass off the bottle.
COVID ruined much of the 2020 season.
The following users liked this post:
low2001gmc (06-23-2021)

Quick Reply: Porting TBSS Intake (My Approach)