Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding speed engineering headers

Old 09-04-2018, 05:42 PM
SCH
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh I see. That would’ve been cool to do! Oh well I’ve already got rear o2 simulators and just got the extensions last week.
I finally got it running! Whenever it quits raining here I can’t wait to get it out and drive it to see if the exhaust clears the drive shaft u joint yolk. Man it is loud with the cut out open and hit the skinny pedal!
Thanks for the help on this guys! I have read and reread some of the posts on these mods and there is always something that comes up and I need help. Definitely a job that is easier with two people I would say..
Old 09-20-2018, 07:32 PM
SCH
Teching In

I've been driving it now for a couple of weeks and man what a difference! With the tsp long tubes it is a much deeper and actually more mellow sound at idle. Hit the skinny and man it gets loud and the power comes on so much smoother. I can also drive around with the dump open more. Its totally a different sound. I'm defiantly happy with the exhaust and the motor mount swap!
Old 09-20-2018, 07:36 PM
SCH
Teching In

Tuning is next. Does anyone know of a good place to o around the Wichita KS area for a good tune? Would a mail order tune work just fine or should I take it to some one and get the best I can out of it?
Old 09-20-2018, 07:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,017 Likes on 2,348 Posts

Mail order gets it on the road to wherever the final tune takes place. Since you are on the road I would get a real tune. You won't regret it if the tuner is GOOD.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Adding speed engineering headers