Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Genuine ACDelco knock sensors

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2024, 09:49 AM
Teching In

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Genuine ACDelco knock sensors

Here’s my problem, I have recently had a P0332 (bank 2 knock sensor) DTC on my recently rebuilt from the ground up 5.3 Vortec. I’m resigned to saying that the sensor is bad. Here’s my question, “How can anyone differentiate between a ‘genuine ACDelco’ knock sensor and any other sensor?”
I would like something concrete so that if I put three (or any number more than one) on a table, by themselves, I could look at them and distinguish the ACDelco product from others.
Cost, where purchased from, packaging are not important to my particular question here. I’m interested in some sort of trademark or other unique identifier.
Any help is very much appreciated.
Thanks.

Last edited by Honestbroker; 05-10-2024 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-10-2024, 01:38 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,751 Likes on 1,251 Posts

Here's a recent thread regarding knock sensors. It's a long read, but the end result is that most of these brands (including Delphi and AC Delco) can sometimes be hit-or-miss (in terms of throwing codes):

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...-cleaning.html

In the above example, the OP ended up having best results with Duralast sensors. Hard to believe the AutoZone part was the best, but several other sensors caused him issues. So, at the moment, you might be better off with the Duralast brand anyway.
Old 05-11-2024, 02:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 242 Likes on 198 Posts

i recently did the knock sensor game myself.....be sure to test them before you install.........NEW WIRING HARNESS IS A MUST
Old 05-14-2024, 03:18 PM
Teching In

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Copy all. Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: Genuine ACDelco knock sensors