Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will the TSP duals bolt up to my stock exhaust manifolds?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 12:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will the TSP duals bolt up to my stock exhaust manifolds?

Just like the title says, thanks!
Old 08-04-2004, 01:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No they will not. The TSP true duals were fabricated using LT headers as the starting point. Of course you could buy the setup, and then have an exhaust shop mate it up to your stock manifolds and cats.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Z28Venom
No they will not. The TSP true duals were fabricated using LT headers as the starting point. Of course you could buy the setup, and then have an exhaust shop mate it up to your stock manifolds and cats.
That sums it up
Old 08-04-2004, 03:08 PM
On The Tree

hmmmm, anyone care to guess how much extra that will cost me?
Old 08-04-2004, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

$notworththemoneyspent.00

would you consider getting long tube headers?

If you are going to stick with stock manifolds, id suggest going with 2.5 inch true duals. this way you could use the flanges from a stock ypipe so you can unbolt the true duals. just a thought
Old 08-04-2004, 04:50 PM
On The Tree

I will eventually be getting LT headers, but cant for another 40,000 miles (my warranty expires at 100k). I was thinking even if they welded the true duals to the stock manifolds, when I get LT's I could cut and re weld. Would this work?
Old 08-04-2004, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

the dealership will allow you to have true duals dumped before the axle but not long tube headers?? I think you may want to speak witht hem about this first if the warrenty means that much to you.

As you might be able to tell I'm not one that likes warrenties. when i was 13 and my dad was buying a car, i watched him take the warrenty papers outside at the front window and take a nice long **** on it then walk back inside. ever sense, i've learned if you rae going to pay goo dmoney for a car, you might as well do what you want done to it and enjoy it while it lasts...
Old 08-06-2004, 04:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slik98z
the dealership will allow you to have true duals dumped before the axle but not long tube headers?? I think you may want to speak witht hem about this first if the warrenty means that much to you.

As you might be able to tell I'm not one that likes warrenties. when i was 13 and my dad was buying a car, i watched him take the warrenty papers outside at the front window and take a nice long **** on it then walk back inside. ever sense, i've learned if you rae going to pay goo dmoney for a car, you might as well do what you want done to it and enjoy it while it lasts...