Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prokit and 2.5" True Duals --- Pics ---

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 01:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Prokit and 2.5" True Duals --- Pics ---

Pacesetter LT's
2.5" Sweet Thunder Mufflers
Eibach Prokit

These pics are immediately after the install. I was tryin to get pics before it got too dark.. So disregard the welds and whatnot showing..

Last edited by Z28Venom; 08-30-2004 at 01:36 AM.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those look like they fit great, I have sportlines and am putting on duals tues...I hope I have half the clearence you have. They look great, very nice install.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:38 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the compliment.. I was totally surprised to see that the exhaust was pretty much even with my subframes. The mufflers are actually about an inch or so higher than the subframes..

I'm very happy with the way they turned out.. Now just need to get the car interior together and figure out my P0200 code..
Old 08-30-2004, 03:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

That looks real nice!! Tucked up well. Did you do them yourself?? Are you running cats or no?? Hows the sound?? I have QTP's right now with no cats and ORY. I'm changing over to duals and I'm undecided on mufflers. Most likely I'm going to dump it, so I wanted to know how the interior noise is, if you get any fumes (escess fumes I should say cause I can smell mine now anyway), and how the overall sound is with the Sweet Thunders?? Thanks man, awesome system!!
Old 08-30-2004, 03:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sniper33
That looks real nice!! Tucked up well. Did you do them yourself?? Are you running cats or no?? Hows the sound?? I have QTP's right now with no cats and ORY. I'm changing over to duals and I'm undecided on mufflers. Most likely I'm going to dump it, so I wanted to know how the interior noise is, if you get any fumes (escess fumes I should say cause I can smell mine now anyway), and how the overall sound is with the Sweet Thunders?? Thanks man, awesome system!!
Yea.. I fabbed up the system myself.. With the help of one of my buddies that did most of the welding.

The sweet thunders are alot louder than my Borla XR-1 setup. Not saying that it's a bad loud. They're EXTREMELY deep .. very bassy. I love it.

As far as interior noise goes, they aren't too loud inside the car. I also have a layer of bequiet extreme also.

I'm loving them so far..
Old 08-30-2004, 03:50 PM
On The Tree

I have 3" duals dumped and the fumes are still there. Doesnt' really bother me and you can only smell them when you're at a light or stuck in traffic anyway. The car is definitley louder than stock, but more than that are the inside rattles that you get. (atleast for me) the tone of the exhaust at certain RPMS clash with the metals the car is made of which causes the body to shake and make a metallic sound when those RPMs are heard. I believe this is a direct result of dumped exhaust; if the duals were run all the way to the back it would be a whole other story since the sound waves would not constantly be reflecting off the pavement and directly at the underside of the car.

Venom, those tuck up really nicely. Do they shake/hit the floor board when you hit bumps or turn very quickly? I've heard some systems that are tucked up really tight tend to make more noise like that.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Simp
I have 3" duals dumped and the fumes are still there. Doesnt' really bother me and you can only smell them when you're at a light or stuck in traffic anyway. The car is definitley louder than stock, but more than that are the inside rattles that you get. (atleast for me) the tone of the exhaust at certain RPMS clash with the metals the car is made of which causes the body to shake and make a metallic sound when those RPMs are heard. I believe this is a direct result of dumped exhaust; if the duals were run all the way to the back it would be a whole other story since the sound waves would not constantly be reflecting off the pavement and directly at the underside of the car.

Venom, those tuck up really nicely. Do they shake/hit the floor board when you hit bumps or turn very quickly? I've heard some systems that are tucked up really tight tend to make more noise like that.
No noises here.. Maybe the bequiet has alot to do with that also. As far as reverberations. If you point the tips out instead of straight down, then you won't have to deal with that.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thumbs up

Damn it, I'm back to dial-up connection and the pics are too large for me to view. What I can see of it they look great.

Al
Old 08-30-2004, 06:59 PM
Restricted User

Good job Mike. Looks nice, almost looked like a ESH X pipe.
Are you using LS1Edit or any tuning device? If not you call Andrew he might be able to get a Diablo Predator for you, cheap too, my old one.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CAT3
Good job Mike. Looks nice, almost looked like a ESH X pipe.
Are you using LS1Edit or any tuning device? If not you call Andrew he might be able to get a Diablo Predator for you, cheap too, my old one.
Sup Charlie.. actually been using edit for a while. I have no clue how to really do anything with it though.

Picked up the x-pipe on eBay for $35. ESH wanted insane prices for td installs.. Hobby shop guy did the welding for free.
Old 09-04-2004, 06:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What length mufflers are you using?
Old 09-05-2004, 01:38 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bigMAC
What length mufflers are you using?
They're 18" Sweet Thunders. Actual measurements are 24" long and about 3.75" in diameter.

I was contemplating getting rid of this setup.. because for some reason it sounded like ***. But it wasn't the exhausts fault.

Be warned: Be extremely careful when you do the !Wire mod. Because of a crappy isolator, 3 of the wires shorted together. Causing the injector 2 fuse to blow in the engine bay power block. Entire passenger side of the engine was without power. It also fried one of my fan control relays. So after getting the wiring taken care of and replacing the fuse and relay.

"IT SOUNDS LIKE A BEAST"--- WOT you wouldn't believe. I think I made a few people actually move to the side as I was getting on it today.

I'm working on some vids. For those that don't believe the TR224 114 has any lope. What until you hear it through sweet-thunder chambered duals.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Z28Venom
They're 18" Sweet Thunders. Actual measurements are 24" long and about 3.75" in diameter.

I was contemplating getting rid of this setup.. because for some reason it sounded like ***. But it wasn't the exhausts fault.

Be warned: Be extremely careful when you do the !Wire mod. Because of a crappy isolator, 3 of the wires shorted together. Causing the injector 2 fuse to blow in the engine bay power block. Entire passenger side of the engine was without power. It also fried one of my fan control relays. So after getting the wiring taken care of and replacing the fuse and relay.

"IT SOUNDS LIKE A BEAST"--- WOT you wouldn't believe. I think I made a few people actually move to the side as I was getting on it today.

I'm working on some vids. For those that don't believe the TR224 114 has any lope. What until you hear it through sweet-thunder chambered duals.
I'm thinking about getting this same exhaust setup but over the axel. I can't wait to hear yours.
Old 09-05-2004, 11:45 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bigMAC
I'm thinking about getting this same exhaust setup but over the axel. I can't wait to hear yours.
There's already quite a few clips of this setup over on www.ls1sounds.com.

Go check em out..
Old 09-05-2004, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Z28Venom
There's already quite a few clips of this setup over on www.ls1sounds.com.

Go check em out..
I've heard all those. I just like to listen to every sound clip I can.