Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bassani dual exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 07:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

visceral - i'm trying to PM you. but, your PM is full. can you PM me who you are buying it through?
Old 02-10-2005, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrr23
visceral - i'm trying to PM you. but, your PM is full. can you PM me who you are buying it through?
Sorry about that... should be ready now.

I'll PM you though.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:17 PM
10 Second Club

received the PM. thanks.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ActionJack
I would like to see PICs of that.
ok here's the pics of it installed with MAC headers and catted y-pipe.

in this pic you can see the driver's side and how it connects to the ball joint socket on the catted y-pipe. when you cut the passenger side front pipe t omeet up with the catted y-pipe, you use that ball flange for the driver's side. cut off about 3" length and slide into the driver's side. then clamp it down with a supplied clamp.

here's arear shot showing both sides. you'll need to cut the passenger side catted y-pipe right behind the mounting flange. then weld front pipe from the x-pipe to it. you can use a slip fit connector that you can get from a parts store if you do not have access to a welder. then get it to an exhaust shop and have it welded is best.

here is a driver's side view showing both connections.

no that you see it can fit, come on and buy it already.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:32 PM
10 Second Club

now for the convertible guys. here's pics of the crossmember. you just have to take the front section that connects to the tranny member and bolt it to the bottom instead of the top.

Old 02-11-2005, 05:26 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the PICs. I have been debating the right exhaust for a good 3 weeks or more and I am thinking more conservative. This dual system is the best I have seen yet but it is still new.

I will keep my eye on this for a while but I will not be ordering any time soon, sorry.

Again, it appears to be better than any orderable and shipable true dual exhaust I have seen.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hrm... so in the top pics with the cats, you shortened what Bassani gave you and installed it to the cat-ed Y.... something that was a cat-ed Y for some headers or something?

In the second batch, (the convertible) you show more new pipe. Pipe that would act as an aftermarket Y for stock manifolds... right? This is how the system is to be installed from Bassani on an otherwise stock car, correct?

thanks,
Chris
Old 02-11-2005, 01:06 PM
10 Second Club

ok the first one is hooked to the MAC header and MAC catted y-pipe. you unbolt from the ball flange on the driver's side and cut just behind the support bracket on the passenger side. then you hook the bassani x-pipe to the cats as seen in the pictures. on the x-pipe you cut off the ball flange on the passenger side. then you use that ball flange to hook to the MAC cat on the driver's side.when you cut off the ball flange make sure you have about 3" in length so you can slip it into the x-pipe on the driver's side. then just clamp down. then you just weld the x-pipe to the passenger side MAC cat section. or you can get a slip fit connector from a local parts store.

for the convertible you are seeing the supplied pipe that connects to the factory 00-02 driver's side cat. there was a question from another member about whether or not it would fit convertibles. it wil fit. all you have to do is mount the front section of the tunnel brace to the bottom of the tranny member instead of the top. and yess that's how it is to be hooked to factory cats on 98-02 cars. there is more pics of it on my car here http://www.stealthram.com/2000pontiacformula.html then click bassani dual exhaust. there you can see how it all fits to stock exhaust. the convertible als ohad JBA headers installed as well. the JBA headers are designed to hook directly to stock cats.

hope that helps. now buy one already

Last edited by mrr23; 02-11-2005 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think your link should be:

http://www.stealthram.com/2000pontiacformula.html
Old 02-11-2005, 05:18 PM
10 Second Club

thanks fixed it. missed the a
Old 02-26-2005, 02:11 PM
10 Second Club

ok here's the dyno results. the biggest thing you'll notice is that as rpms go up, the gap keeps widening. this tru-dual is on a stock car with only add on is slp airlid and k/n filter. dyno runs before on macedo motorsports graphs, i had the lid and filter on. now with more power added later, the exhaust will continue to grow with it. not become a restriction later. some will look at it as not any better than every other single exhaust out there. but, look at the end result. the more you add to it, the better it can handle it. remember my track results showed .2 and 2 mph NA and .3 and 3 mph with 200 n2o added to it.

first graph: this one is second gear from 10 (700 rpm) mph up reason for doing this is to try and get the lowest rpm reading possible. and in the 2000 up f-bodies, you can put the gear selector in 2nd gear and it'll start off in 2nd. no downshift. as you can see, the winpep7 didn't start reading until about 2300 still. bad thing about winpep7, it'll throw out data if there is too much rpm vs speed difference. basically TC slip. you'll notice where the converter starts to reach stall speed, it starts reading.

for repeatability here's every run made.

now, vinci still uses the original dynojet software. you'll notice on these graphs start at 700 rpm. the older DOS based software isn't as susceptible to TC slip. it has somewhat of a brain. and you can see the torque stall reading. kinda shows the stock stall around 1200 rpm. you'll notice the curve starts the upward trend about 2100. and that's where the winpep7 starts recording at. the main reason why vinci won't upgrade to windows based operating winpep7 program.

again 2nd gear start. to give the broadest rpm range possible. also, i didn't have a baseline on vinci's dyno before adding the bassani tru-dual. these are back to back run. trying to get repeatability.

and here's a 3rd gear run. again this is back to back. not a before/after.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:46 PM
10 Second Club

now here's something that people have been waiting for. a test comparing two after market catbacks. on the wife's 99 formula, i took the borla w/small open plate off and installed the bassani tru-dual exhaust. both dynos were untuned as well. a straight comparison between the two and how the motor reacts to them.

first graph actual. second graph SAE.

Old 04-15-2005, 02:36 AM
Banned

Default Bassani Dual Exhaust

Well I have to chime in here, since I just had the system installed on my car. After searching for a proper shop with the know-how and time to install, I *FINALLY* got around to having it done by a pro. The folks at ProDyno. Couldn't find a link to places nearby since I just moved then someone emailed the link and off I went.

All I can say is DAMN! This thing sounds like a bat out of hell now at full boar! Don't get me wrong, it's fairly loud at full throttle and RPMs, and I don't even go there often but when I do it shakes the camber plates loose on hondas 4 lanes over. At idle it's docile like a bruce banner before someone throws a cinder block at his skull. Hehe at medium revs I noticed a slight increase in tone.

Had it dynoed, Oh btw it fattened the tq curve right around twenty lb ft and that was over the old *Magnaflow* system, which is quite a good system regardless. Yea with the factory cats on there before, and now Carsounds, when they took the stock y and cats apart (trust me they showed me every nook and cranny!) it looked like they were already cleared out and were flowing almost as well as a straight pipe. Took a lot of work puting that thing together it was like a disney puzzle. but I guess they knew what they were doing because before I knew it they took the car down and it was running the rollers and screaming like a red devil.

So, as someone before predicted, fatter tq curve, MUCH better and cleaner sound, killer price for a *stainless* system all the way out the back with tasteful artistic etched tips (no comparison to the stock or some tips that come with catbacks...), and fit and finish were excellent.

Last edited by 98t56TA; 04-16-2005 at 03:41 AM.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:15 PM
Banned

Nice gains well worth it

Old 04-22-2005, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

If anyone wants to buy one for use with Longtubes, I have one for sale in the For-Sale section.

98t56TA, What catback/Y did you replace with the Bassani setup?
Old 04-23-2005, 08:32 PM
Banned

Stock y pipe factory cats magnaflow catback ==> two and a half in carsound converters and bassani true dual exhaust.

Quick Reply: bassani dual exhaust