Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bassani dual exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 01:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slow
looks to be a very nice setup.

Bassani products are top notch, I installed a X pipe on a 03 cobra last night, it was a used part, on the 3rd vehicle it was reinstalled on, installed VERY easily, Perfect fit, no leaks, and even after 50,000 miles on the previous car, it still was in great shape, some discoloring, but no rust.

It might not be cheap, but if they're f-car products are similar to the mustang line, i may pull my grotts headers and corsa off, and do a full bassani setup on my car.

Ryan
ryan. anyime you want to meet up and look/hear it let me know. you know me i bought a fan switch off you. i might want another one for the wife's car soon.
Old 12-24-2004, 01:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BLASTER
Definately a step in the right direction...especially the price on the stainless Very cheap. I think there are more people with headers that are interested in duals than there are people with stock manifold that want duals. Why go through all the trouble to increase scaveging with an X and leave the stock manifolds. I think it would have been better, and wouldn't be surprised, if they make one to fit a variety of headers. Also, as mentioned before, I too am not fond about how the pipes enter the muffler and would definately re-do that with a pair of stainless Sweet thunders or magnafpacks. Why not just get the BMR relocator and do the pair right over the axle?

However, that still is one bad *** system. If they actually come out with those two options and maybe a 3" system I would buy it. I am too far into my custom system to purchase another and make mods to it. Had this come out 6 months ago, I would have been all over it. Premium catback for 700 or BAssani full X dual system for 900.....No brainer
well so far, the stock manifolds and cats aren't that restrcitive if i just pulled 121 mph out of it. as far as fitting headers, something else is in the works. not that you couldn't buy it and just redo the front pipes to fit your headers anyway.
as far as the muffler goes. they were looking for quiet. bassani thought it was still too loud when they shipped vinci this test system. also they wanted this system to fit stock components so people wouldn't have to go out and buy more suspension and other pieces to make it fit the car.
Old 12-25-2004, 08:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are they going to make this for the 93-97 cars ??
Old 12-25-2004, 10:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

It's two into one like a stock system, what's the point?
Old 12-26-2004, 12:12 AM
TECH Regular

I think my Idea for this exhaust would be to ditch the muffler it comes with. From there, see how the outermost pipe that goes into the muffler, then upon exiting bends to the right? Instead of having to make that bend to go into the muffler in the first place, I'd have it go straight into the pipe that exits to the rear of the car and insert the XR1 muffler before it exits. That also means using a XR1 muffler in its place for the pipe exiting on the left side. Um..make any sense?
Old 12-26-2004, 01:07 AM
Staging Lane

well so far, the stock manifolds and cats aren't that restrcitive if i just pulled 121 mph out of it. as far as fitting headers, something else is in the works. not that you couldn't buy it and just redo the front pipes to fit your headers anyway.
as far as the muffler goes. they were looking for quiet. bassani thought it was still too loud when they shipped vinci this test system. also they wanted this system to fit stock components so people wouldn't have to go out and buy more suspension and other pieces to make it fit the car.
Let me first start off by saying that this system looks like it could be what I'm looking for, and I hope it is a big success for Bassani. My only concern, and the only thing from keeping me from pressing the "BUY" button is this: I am wanting Bassani to offer this system along with their Mid Length Headers and Hi Flo Cats for a complete system. I don't really want an X pipe with stock Mannifolds. Are there any plans for this in the future???
Old 12-26-2004, 01:37 AM
11 Second Club

TOOO MUCH PIPING
Old 12-26-2004, 10:10 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 96silverram
Are they going to make this for the 93-97 cars ??
not that i'm aware of
Old 12-26-2004, 10:12 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6 RULES
It's two into one like a stock system, what's the point?
it's not 2 into one. other than one muffler. it's two in and two out as i've said numerous times. space is one reason to do it this way.
Old 12-26-2004, 10:23 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Camaro LS1 Dude
Let me first start off by saying that this system looks like it could be what I'm looking for, and I hope it is a big success for Bassani. My only concern, and the only thing from keeping me from pressing the "BUY" button is this: I am wanting Bassani to offer this system along with their Mid Length Headers and Hi Flo Cats for a complete system. I don't really want an X pipe with stock Mannifolds. Are there any plans for this in the future???
all you would have to do is get two pipes made to hook to their headers and cats to the x-pipe. but as you can see the stock manifolds and cats just aren't that restrictive. i picked up 3 mph compared to the open cutout.
Old 12-27-2004, 01:27 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mrr23
it's not 2 into one. other than one muffler. it's two in and two out as i've said numerous times. space is one reason to do it this way.
I think this picture from a post on page two is what keeps confusing everyone. It got me as well.

Old 12-27-2004, 02:44 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by mrr23
all you would have to do is get two pipes made to hook to their headers and cats to the x-pipe. but as you can see the stock manifolds and cats just aren't that restrictive. i picked up 3 mph compared to the open cutout.
So what your saying is LT's and ORY will show no gains over stock Manifolds with CAT's???

Dan
Old 12-27-2004, 04:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DanZ28
So what your saying is LT's and ORY will show no gains over stock Manifolds with CAT's???

Dan
nope. what i said is that stock manifolds and cats just aren't that restrictive. now i'll ask this. at what point do stock manifolds and cats become a restriction? i'm at 466 rwhp now with the exhaust system. i've read about some corvette guys running 11s with stock manifolds and cats. larry skipper in his c5 corvette had NLP put a supercharger and cam in with stock manifolds and cats. here's his post from www.lethallyinjected.net also mike norris posted this here.

Originally Posted by MislMan
Well the Z06 has had an upgrade for the better. Just had a ProCharger supercharger kit from A&A Corvette installed by Next Level Performance (Thanks Mike, Ty, and Gary). Also added a small SC cam (something like 218/226 on 115 LSA) to replace the BIG cam that was in there. Completely stock exhaust and heads (better valve springs added for previous cam).

Final numbers are:

587 RWHP and 499 RWTQ

Yep .... those are AWESOME numbers!

I picked her up this afternoon so I've only driven her for a few miles.

This power is really REALLY SICK !! The drive at under 2500 RPM is just like a normal Z06. Get to 3000 RPM and roll into her hard and she'll shove you back into the rear bumper. I still can't get the smile off my face!

Later ... Larry S.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

From what I've read stock Vette exhaust manifold's flow better than the F-body's.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:30 AM
10 Second Club

is it the manifolds that flow better or just the fact that corvettes have dual exhaust already? i have 'read' the same also. just haven't seen where anyone has flowed them to see any difference.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

It was the exhaust manifolds, it was one of the mag. that did a test on headers to exhaust manifolds and it was done on a eng. dyno.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:40 PM
10 Second Club

On an F-body, the stock manifolds and CAT's are a restriction, there are numerous post's showing the results and was worth 3 MPH on my car. I believe your right about showing gains with a better exhaust (dual's), but I bet if you ditched your man/CAT's you would pick up even more MPH and probably a lower ET than the stocker's IMO...

Dan
Old 12-28-2004, 04:46 PM
10 Second Club

i'm sure i will no doubt about that. on my 86 TA i used to have, i picked up .7 and 4.5 mph in the 1/4 swapping from all stock to headers, hiflow cat, and catback. but, i'll be keeping my cats. i'd rather kick someone's butt and be smog legal. also, there are people out the that have to keep emissions in place. so, all my testing will be done with cats.

but on the flipside, i only picked up 10 peak hp and .5 mph by installing bassani headers with catted y-pipe on the wife's 99 formula. wow $100 per hp. and during this test there was only the borla catback. still had the stock airlid, filter and MAF ends.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:38 PM
10 Second Club

ok more pics finally up http://stealthram.com/bassanidualexhaust.htm
Old 01-02-2005, 12:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

That looks bad ***, Lane does awesome work

Quick Reply: bassani dual exhaust