Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1 3/4" QTP HVM LT's, Dual Elec ORY, SLP 20TL Pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 09:58 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 1 3/4" QTP HVM LT's, Dual Elec ORY, SLP 20TL Pics

My car's been down for a few months, as I had to replace the rear. It's almost back up and ready to go again- just got the UMI Adj. Panhard Rod today to be able to center the rear (along with some tunnel massaging).
Since the car is up, decided to take some pics of the exhaust for your viewing pleasure:

A few notes
- SPOHN tunnel brace mounted Tq arm would not fit (see 4" Flowmaster merge in the way right there), so I had to get a standard tailshaft mounted SLP Adj. Tq Arm.
-I installed the LT's, Y pipe and Catback a few months ago. The LT's went in very easily. Getting the Y-pipe and 2OTL to jive was quite the task (both the Y and the catback were goin in at the same time). I ended up taking it to an exhaust shop for final fitment. There are way too many connections and pivot points to be able to do the install correctly with the car up on ramps at home (hey, that was simply my experience- I'm sure many guys have installed the Y-pipe with no problems).
-The QTP provided clamps were not the correct diameter for the collectors- a simple run to NAPA fixed the problem- just a heads up.

Last edited by SouthFL.02.SS; 02-17-2005 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome....i love that dual electric ory. That'll be some fun with those.

I'm surprised your ory fit considering how mine looked when i tried to fit it. It was way off and had to drive with open headers to Lanes.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:56 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2001 White Ws6
Awesome....i love that dual electric ory. That'll be some fun with those.

I'm surprised your ory fit considering how mine looked when i tried to fit it. It was way off and had to drive with open headers to Lanes.
Oh yeah, it fit alright- after I had a WWF style wrestling match with it. I still have scars on my knuckles.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:16 PM
TECH Addict

Any sound clips of the car with both the cutouts open and also of it going through the 2OTL?
Old 02-17-2005, 12:21 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Scotty-Z
Any sound clips of the car with both the cutouts open and also of it going through the 2OTL?

I promised clips 2 months ago, when I 1st posted about the install (w/o pics).
The day after, the posi took a crap (along with the rest of my first Moser 9"), and the car has been down since.
I really hope to post clips early next week, along with a "Mother of all Bolt Ons Swap" dyno post. I basically swapped out every single bolt-on item (both intake and exhaust) one could imagine.

As for the sound, I like the sound of the SLP 2OTL better than the 3" X-pipe TD's dumped I used to run:

Old 02-17-2005, 12:32 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

, nice setup you got there carlos. i hate the look of the 2otl though..
Old 02-17-2005, 12:37 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jrp
, nice setup you got there carlos. i hate the look of the 2otl though..

Mee too.

What I like about it is the sound, the flow, few people have it, plus it leaves non F-bod enthusiasts guessing what the hell is going on down there. My last victim before the rear end took a crap was a Z06 driver who told me he wasn't sure if my car was a "real SS" because of the 2 tips on one side- whatever that means.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:41 PM
Launching!

looking good carlos! that thing is ******* loud with the open cutouts

i love the 2otl, if i had a firebird or camaro i would definetly get it.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:43 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by nspr8td lt1
looking good carlos! that thing is ******* loud with the open cutouts

i love the 2otl, if i had a firebird or camaro i would definetly get it.

Thanks Sparks. Drop me a line when you're ready for the ls6 intake. Sending you a pm.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

I want those headers. Did you think the HVM was worth the $$
Old 02-17-2005, 12:47 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
I want those headers. Did you think the HVM was worth the $$
The dyno will tell us next week.
Seat of the pants driving told me yes. I used to have SLP LT's.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:32 PM
12 Second Club

Nice setup carlos. I just cant get past the looks of the 2OTL.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:40 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by black_z
Nice setup carlos. I just cant get past the looks of the 2OTL.
Yeah, it's a love/hate look. People either love it or hate it. There's no in between.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I'm one of the haters personally, but it sounds pretty good.

As far as headers, I'm ordering soon (QTP special almost for sure). I'm still unsure of whether I want to spend $500 extra for HVC or not. I'm sure you picked up power over the SLP's, but how much would be to gain over regular QTP's? Nobody seems to have an answer, only guesses.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:59 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by matts22
Yeah I'm one of the haters personally, but it sounds pretty good.

As far as headers, I'm ordering soon (QTP special almost for sure). I'm still unsure of whether I want to spend $500 extra for HVC or not. I'm sure you picked up power over the SLP's, but how much would be to gain over regular QTP's? Nobody seems to have an answer, only guesses.
I don't know either. I was fortunate enough to have the cash to afford them, so I got them. I didn't want to think about "what if."

Given that I also swapped out the entire intake tract, from lid to intake, the numbers from my dyno won't be conclusive as a straight comparo.

Here's a sneak peak at my mod list for the "Mother of all Bolt-On Swaps" comparo:

Old setup (425rwhp/387rwtq thru a used Moser 9" with 4.11's) :
Intake- MTI Lid, Stock MAF, Jantzer TB, LS6 Intake manifold.
Exhaust- 1 3/4" SLP LT's, gutted cats, 3" True Duals X-pipe dumped thru Magnaflow 4x9 Ovals.

New setup (???rwhp/???rwtq thru a NEW Moser 9" with 4.11's):
Intake- TSP 85mm Lid, PACE 85mm Z06 MAF, FAST 90mm TB, FAST 90mm LSX Intake manifold.
Exhaust- 1 3/4" QTP HVMC LT's, QTP Dual Elect. Cutout ORY, SLP 2OTL Catback.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:18 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

[QUOTE=SouthFL.02.SS]SPOHN tunnel brace mounted Tq arm would not fit (see 4" Flowmaster merge in the way right there), so I had to get a standard tailshaft mounted SLP Adj. Tq Arm.

I have a tunnel moutn spohn on my car with QTP's catted Y. That was a trick to get the collector to fit thru the opening, had to bash a dent in the collector in one spot, but that was it. The fitment problem is that the Y is about 10 inches too long ( that's what she said ) and the collector will not fit in the given space. The Y had to be shortened, vis a cut here and there on a couple of the pieces of pipe. If I had a digital camera, I'd take a pic of the final result. I'll have my car at Eastside relatively soon, I'll try to get a pic of it and see if I can get someone on here to host it for me. Hopefully QTP will get that thing straitened out someday. Ironicially, if you go to QTP's website, and look at the pics of the exhaust, there's a pic of the Y on a car with a Spohn tunnel mount torque arm... I wonder how they pulled that off.... photo shop... or a unit built for demo purposes.

The headers do rock tho.. and definately make power. (The important part)
Old 02-17-2005, 03:21 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

[QUOTE=JL ws-6]
Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
SPOHN tunnel brace mounted Tq arm would not fit (see 4" Flowmaster merge in the way right there), so I had to get a standard tailshaft mounted SLP Adj. Tq Arm.

I have a tunnel moutn spohn on my car with QTP's catted Y. That was a trick to get the collector to fit thru the opening, had to bash a dent in the collector in one spot, but that was it. The fitment problem is that the Y is about 10 inches too long ( that's what she said ) and the collector will not fit in the given space. The Y had to be shortened, vis a cut here and there on a couple of the pieces of pipe. If I had a digital camera, I'd take a pic of the final result. I'll have my car at Eastside relatively soon, I'll try to get a pic of it and see if I can get someone on here to host it for me. Hopefully QTP will get that thing straitened out someday. Ironicially, if you go to QTP's website, and look at the pics of the exhaust, there's a pic of the Y on a car with a Spohn tunnel mount torque arm... I wonder how they pulled that off.... photo shop... or a unit built for demo purposes.

The headers do rock tho.. and definately make power. (The important part)
Yeah, I called QTP to see what kind of Tq arm they recommended with their Y-pipe and was told to purchase the Spohn Tunnel Brace mount Tq arm. Glad yours fit with proper trimming. I just went ahead and got the tailshaft mounted SLP Tq arm that a friend of mine was selling and sold the Spohn.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

damn that thing has more bolt ons than bolts...lol..all i got to say is now u need to get that thing tuned and hit the track.. post that low 11 second timeslip
Old 02-17-2005, 03:38 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by whitecamaross
damn that thing has more bolt ons than bolts...lol..all i got to say is now u need to get that thing tuned and hit the track.. post that low 11 second timeslip
That would be nice.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:40 PM
dug
Banned

I find it hard to believe you like the sound of the 2otl over the duals. The duals sounded wicked. Too loud?

Yeah, I have an 1otl catback. It looks like a v6 camaro on steroids. I am gonna try duals. If theyre too loud Im gonna make a 4" 1otl catback with a 9" round trash can ultraflo muffler.

Quick Reply: 1 3/4" QTP HVM LT's, Dual Elec ORY, SLP 20TL Pics