Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone install a LS1 Canton Oil Pan?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 01:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone install a LS1 Canton Oil Pan?

I did a search, couldn't find much. I just had a 383 built for autocross and am using the canton pan. I am trying to figure out where to run the lines and mount the remote filter. I have to use -12 lines and fittings so it will be EXPENSIVE I was wondering if anyone has any pics of one installed. I am putting the motor back in the car the first week of march and need to get crackin on the lines and remote filter.

Thanks
Brad
Old 02-17-2005, 08:58 PM
TECH Addict

Sorry I can't help, but do you happen to have any pics of the pan?
Old 03-17-2005, 08:01 PM
BB
TECH Enthusiast

Would be nice to get any info. I think the problem is not many are running this new pan. But remoting the filter is not new. It would be nice to know where to do that. I have seen on pic somewhere on a older model where it is on the side of the fender well. Yet, it seems that this would be messy when changing the filter. Whereever it goes it need to be somewhere that you don't make a mess or your can easily put a pan under it to catch the spill.

Also, I would think the longer the lines the more impact it would have on flow and pressure.

Thanks for telling use that you need -12 fittings and hose. What all do you think is needed? 4 fitting: 2 for the adapter, 2 for the remote mount, a remote mount, and two hoses. Anything else.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

Back from the grave! Anyone got any pics on how they mounted the remote filter mount? I am using the Moroso pan..
Old 03-10-2011, 02:05 PM
On The Tree

Nobody?? TTT!
Old 03-10-2011, 02:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have no pics of mine, but I made a bracket where the air pump used to be and mounted the filter and an oil cooler up there behind the fog light. I change the filter by opening the "trap door" thing in the DS splash pannel.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Bump from the dead... I just bought one. Anybody with any feedback?
Old 06-16-2011, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

nobody using a canton oil pan???
Old 06-16-2011, 02:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am using one from 6 years ago. Major PITA to put on with stroker motor..... clearance issues with the crank, was required to run remote oil filter.... leaks, so you need to use silicone along with the gaskit, dipstick didn't fit so it had to be trimmed....

All that being said, I still had oil starvation issues, so I am am glad I installed an accusump at the same time. The accusump is turing on and off, so obviously the baffels in the pan don't prevent the problem.

Personally, I would never run one again. I would run an accusump and the new baffel thing that is now available to install in the stock pan.

I think the newer canton pans allow you to mount the filter inthe stock location?
Old 06-16-2011, 06:40 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

I've heard good things about the Moroso offering. Kinda pricy but with it's features, I think it's worth it.
http://moroso.com/catalog/categorydi...?catcode=12115
Old 10-01-2016, 08:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by MBC Racing
I am using one from 6 years ago. Major PITA to put on with stroker motor..... clearance issues with the crank, was required to run remote oil filter.... leaks, so you need to use silicone along with the gaskit, dipstick didn't fit so it had to be trimmed....

All that being said, I still had oil starvation issues, so I am am glad I installed an accusump at the same time. The accusump is turing on and off, so obviously the baffels in the pan don't prevent the problem.

Personally, I would never run one again. I would run an accusump and the new baffel thing that is now available to install in the stock pan.

I think the newer canton pans allow you to mount the filter inthe stock location?
Back from the dead. So what's the verdict on these aftermarket pans? Sounds like they are problematic with leaks and fitment issues. I need details on the accusump and baffle mod. What to buy, part numbers, etc. Anyone have a link?
Old 10-08-2016, 05:13 AM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

improvedracing.com

Quick Reply: Anyone install a LS1 Canton Oil Pan?