Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1 poly motor mount on drivers side?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1 poly motor mount on drivers side?

im doing my H/C swap this weekend, and want to atleast get one poly mount in while i got the heads, headers off...my question is what side torques more, or moves more when driving hard? that'll be the side i change, im alil short on $$ so that is why i only bought 1 mount, and if changing 1 does the trick as far as getting my Y to stop banging it will be the only 1 i put in...just tring to save myself some time and alil money...thanks...

Jon

P.S. i searched and didnt find anything as far as only changing 1 side, alot about changing both, but not 1 side..
Old 05-03-2005, 07:26 PM
10 Second Club

You can do just the drivers side if you want, that's all some people are doing. To bad you couldn't fork out the other $20 for both sides since you have the heads off already, it would of been a cinch. Just the drivers side should work though for the banging...

Dan
Old 05-03-2005, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DanZ28
You can do just the drivers side if you want, that's all some people are doing. To bad you couldn't fork out the other $20 for both sides since you have the heads off already, it would of been a cinch. Just the drivers side should work though for the banging...

Dan
ya, hard to believe im pressed for $20 bucks, but i am...i have to rent a stall w/ lift, for $40, for 2 days and have another $30 for gas next week...im literally down to my last $80 bucks, so i just couldnt hand it over, or trust me i would have...thanks for your reply, maybe only doing 1 will keep from getting all the vibration everyone talks about...or cut down on some of it atleast...anyhow, we'll see this weekend...thanks again

Jon
Old 05-03-2005, 09:25 PM
11 Second Club

CHK your PM
Old 05-03-2005, 09:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about putting one just on the passenger side? Thats the way the motor torque's, that would keep that side from going down and the driver side from comming up (and exhaust banging the underside of the car) Just a thought....
Old 05-03-2005, 09:51 PM
Launching!

I just installed the poly mount on my drivers side. It cured the y-pipe banging. I don't see any reason to do the passenger side.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:20 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSean
What about putting one just on the passenger side? Thats the way the motor torque's, that would keep that side from going down and the driver side from comming up (and exhaust banging the underside of the car) Just a thought....
You want to do the drivers side. The motor lifts on the drivers side and pushes on the passenger side. Doing the passenger side won't help for the banging Y-pipe problem. BTW, there is more uses for the poly mount than just to fix the banging Y-pipe .
Old 05-04-2005, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SS SLP2
CHK your PM
very generous offer, thank you for the thought..

Jon