Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C Blows Hot? All Sugestions Welcome.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 03:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C Blows Hot? All Sugestions Welcome.

OK here is the deal, the dumby water temp guage in the car seems to read at a normal temperature, but the A/C seem s to blow hot. I've noticed some odds things though, if the car is in the shade for an extended period it will blow cooler, if I am cruising at 65 (still blowing hot) and push in the clutch and coast while the engine idles it will blow real cool. I took it to a local Valvoline shop and they ran a pressure test and said the pressure was fine, if not a tad high. I know absolutely nothing about HVAC systems, so any help on this is greatly appreciated. I recently purchased a Meziere electric water pump and will have the engine coolant system flushed after installing, do you think this could help? Guys I'm at a loss on this one, I'm tired of riding around and being stuck to my seats with sweat. Please help.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

I just recalled, when I was home on R&R this last time, after driving around for a while. I popped the hood to begin the install of my fuel pressure gauge. Well The aluminum tank like thing on the passenger side of the engine bay and the lines coming from it were very cold and covered in condensation, I believe they are part of the HVAC system. The drive before I opened the hood though was quite hot as the AC was again malfunctioning. Not that this happens on a sporadic basis, it is a regular problem.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:56 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did anyone check to see if the little door flap that blocks off the heater/defroster from was all the way closed. Are you blowing heated air like the heater is on or is it just the outside air temp?
Old 07-07-2005, 07:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

its like it is air temp, or barely cool. I say hot because it seems hot, but the air is not heat as it is with the heater or defroster.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:52 AM
On The Tree

If the accumlatior is (The aluminum tank like thing ) the a/c system is working . The cold air is not get to you thou . Move the temp. **** from cool to hot and listen for a noise in pass. side of the dash . There a door that should be opening and closing .
Old 07-07-2005, 08:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

No it is, well sort of. The air will blow out of the correct vents with quite some force, it just isn't cooled. I will have to check on the door noise when I go home, I'm in Iraq right now. I was hoping someone might have had the same dilema, and could assist me.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:41 AM
On The Tree

There are 2 doors in there .One that goes to the vents and, one that controls weather the air blows past the heater coil for heat or the a/c evaporator for AC it sounds like that door is stuck or may have a vacum problem . The are operated by vacum .
Old 07-07-2005, 09:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hmmmmmmm interesting, I will make it a point to check that when I get home. Or I can have my wife check it real quick. Do you know the malfunction here? It has never had any motor work that I know of, is there a certain vacuum line I should look for, location of said line? By the way thank you so much for your help I hope it turns out to be this.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

It could be a vacuum line off behind the a/c controls or on the valve thats moves the door . Hope you get it fixed . I bet she is tired of driving a hot car . Anyway what are you doing in Iraq.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Workin' for the man every night and day. Every freaking night and day. I do architectural work for a company that helps out our boys over here.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just had an interesting thought, what are the yellow and pink tubes behind the dash in the center? I don't think they are wires, they run to some black disk like things. I remember when I worked on my window motor wiring I got behind there and i kind of hit one and it hissed at me. The car wasn't running though. Are these the vacuum lines you refer to?
Old 07-07-2005, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

Yes . The system was still in a vacuum . Thats why they hissed at you .