Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moved into a new developement and neighbor is complaining about my ride!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 06:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Moved into a new developement and neighbor is complaining about my true duals!!!!

I moved into a newer development a few months ago. First let me tell you about my car- I ordered this car in 99'. I have invested tremendous time and $ in making it special. Car has 26400miles on it and is only driven when I feel the need for speed- which is about once every two weeks or so. I even got collectors plates for it two years ago.

A few weeks ago, I was using my porter cable polisher on it in the drive and when finished, I started her up and pulled into the garage. My wife said that as I pulled into the garage, the neighbor lady came out and started shaking her head in disapproval.

A few days later, I took her out for a ride and as I backed out of the garage, the neighbor lady walks out of her house to an association board member's house and I see her bitching as I pull down the street barely going over 1500rpm.

Our association block rep. visited us last night and said that there have been complaints about me speeding down the street and my loud muffler waking up babies!!!!!!! I told him that is bull and to go and devote his time to more useful matters. He said that if he received more complaints that I would have to remove my car from the development. I said that was more bull.

My old neighbors could care less about what I did with my car. These new stuck up neighbors are a piece of work. I really think that if my car was a vette or something along those lines and with the same mods, that they would not be harassing me.

Last edited by shep28; 11-09-2005 at 09:02 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:42 PM
Staging Lane

bust some caps
Old 11-09-2005, 06:44 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

**** them
Old 11-09-2005, 06:45 PM
Teching In

I sort of understand how you feel, everytime i go to my dads house in the "richer" part of my town, the neighbors will usually come over and tell my dad i need to slow down. I never speed on the street b/c there are always kids playing.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:47 PM

You may need to contact a lawyer if you had to join the Association when you bought your house. If not F*** them.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:51 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last time some of my buddies neighbors told me to slow down, there was a big issue. I wasn't even speeding... First gear, at maybe 2500RPMs. It's a dead end street as well.

One thing led to another, and the guy tried opening my door. My buddy jumped out, jabbed the guy in the head, and he fell to the ground.

Knocked out cold, head smacked right off the pavement. LOL, his wife ran out and literally pulled him off the street, onto their lawn by his wife beater.

People get so bent out of shape these days. They need to mind their own damned business, and stop acting so big. I think it's BS that they asked you to "remove your car" from your home.

If I were you, I'd throw cutouts on that thing.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If your really not speeding then screw them.

There is nothing they can do and you can claim harrasment if they continue to bother you without some solid evidence.

I had this happen a few times. My C5 is pretty loud and on top of that with the cam I have to pretty much drive it in 2nd under 30mph, so that means 2nd through the whole sub.

I was dropping my neighbor off over the summer. We all have 1 acre lots, so the houses generally sit 100-120ft from the road. This woman comes SCREAMING that I'm driving too fast and I'm going to run over her kids, who are playing on the street.

I'm doing 20mph, I always drive slow through our sub.

She is screaming at me without any idea how fast I am really going.

Same thing happened a few weeks ago, again with my neighbor, we're pulling around the corner, doing no more than 20 again and the guy yells to slow down.

I now take the appropriate course of action, I drive with the cut outs open

My association president lives across the street from me, he just tells me some people have nothing better to do than bitch.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree throw some cut outs on it. Then do a couple burnouts to wake em up in the morning! Thats what I did when I was drivin my El Camino (workin on a Camaro) opened up the cutouts and did a burnout and told em to screw off hadnt had a problem since.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They called a cop on me and they told him that my exhaust was to loud. So he called me out to start it up, so i shut the cutouts on my way out. Btw the cop knew me and laughed when I told him what was happenin. BTW nice vette NoOne.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Move to Georgia. Gun ownership is required in Kennesaw, and loud trucks and cars are everywhere.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

some people can be such crybabies.

what happened to appreciation for musclecars?

these idiots probably think fart pipes sound good.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:44 PM
TECH Resident

LOL How are they gonna prove you are speeding? Tell them to set up a video to prove their case, and when somebody sees you are going under-or-at the speed limit, whatever authorities you guys have to answer to will appropriately shut them up.

Otherwise, they really can't do ****.

Now on the other hand, if you wanna be funny, everytime you see these neighbors driving, scream at the top of your lungs for them to stop speeding before they fly off the side of the road and into the side of your house.

By the way, since when was it right for kids to play in the middle of the street when a car is coming. A loud car, at that. Those idiots should be thankful your car is plenty loud, it gives their kids plenty of warning to GET...THE HELL...OUT OF THE STREET.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:03 PM
Launching!

im going thru this issue as we speak.when i moved in my new house last year my 94 camaro had a corsa cat-back(with other mods).it was really loud and it was my daily driver.i ask everyone at one of the association meetings if it was a problem and they said no,that i allways leave for work ontime(5am) and it tells them they need to get up.but the neihbors next to me said my ac was vibrating their house and they couldnt sleep(brand new ac)they sent about 4 or 5 ac people to check it and it was fine.

well a month and a half ago i bought a 99 ss with a cam,loudmonth and more mods.well what would you know my neihbor called the cops on me saying it was too loud.cops came and was cool with me.i talked to my other neihbors and they have no problem with it.

cops done came twice over this,so im gonna burn his ***.i got a few buddys that are gonna make some late night apperance's with their loud *** cars
Old 11-09-2005, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TroubledWine3
LOL How are they gonna prove you are speeding? Tell them to set up a video to prove their case, and when somebody sees you are going under-or-at the speed limit, whatever authorities you guys have to answer to will appropriately shut them up.

Otherwise, they really can't do ****.

Now on the other hand, if you wanna be funny, everytime you see these neighbors driving, scream at the top of your lungs for them to stop speeding before they fly off the side of the road and into the side of your house.

By the way, since when was it right for kids to play in the middle of the street when a car is coming. A loud car, at that. Those idiots should be thankful your car is plenty loud, it gives their kids plenty of warning to GET...THE HELL...OUT OF THE STREET.
Amen!
Old 11-09-2005, 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

f*ck em...do a burnout in their lawn
Old 11-09-2005, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree, **** em...I had a similar problem with my old 94 T/A that had a Loudmouth and I ditched the cat for a while and my friend had a GT w/no cats and Loudmouth. Hanging out by my ex-g/f's house the neighbors would complain about our "speeding around" which was driving normally at 1500 rpm's. Well after a few weeks of WOT's after leaving they stopped bitching about the normal driving. It worked for me, but I'm an immature kid so I didn't care what happened.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Get a cutout and make it even louder.

And tell that bitch to get a radar gun and clock you driving down the street if she really thinks your speeding.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:56 PM
12 Second Club

I love how people gauge speed by sound. Retards.

Can the development officials really tell you can't have your car there?
Old 11-09-2005, 08:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6

If I were you, I'd throw cutouts on that thing.

Cutouts with a true dual bullet muffler system????????? How is that possible??????????
Old 11-09-2005, 09:15 PM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=Frosty]
Can the development officials really tell you can't have your car there?

Well there is this teenage girl in the neighborhood and for her birthday her parents lifted her ram pickup and installed headers and duals. Her neighbors complained that the truck is an eyesore in the drive and ordered her to move it out of the development. They are now in a lawsuit with the development.

I am going to make senseless complaints about my neighbors to the association and give them a taste of their own medicine. I need to check if local noise laws apply to all vehicles, even if I have collectors plates. The local laws state a car cannot exceed 82decibals(sp.). I will try to post a video of her acting a fool when I go for a drive. I did not spend over $200000+ on a house for this crap. Cars are my love and hobby. If this harassment does not end, I will sell and move back to a working class community.

Quick Reply: Moved into a new developement and neighbor is complaining about my ride!!!!