Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which Manifold??
LS6
85.59%
BBK
14.41%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

BBK vs. LS6 (Intake Manifold)

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 02:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, now I've seen one, pretty clean and not rough/dirty lookin like mine even though I try to clean it. hehe
Old 05-17-2006, 02:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what about the ls7 inrake mandifold, prolly better then all listed.. me personally i prefer the composite. weight, heat,price. but if you were supercharging the aluminum would probly be better in the long run or using alot of nitrious even.. im waiting for a new one to come out before i lay down any green. there is soposed to be a intake manifold for the ls7x warhawk engine im also saving to get. so it will probly put the bbk to shame in flow #'s, weight, and heat.. and ive seen a few tests on these engines the one engine on a f body i think lost hp with the bbk intake and then a corvette with the bbk intake throttle body and batwing filter gained like 15 hp. i was impressed with a test on edelbrocks carb/alum + distributor setup it made alot more hp but i think the carb cools off the aluminum intake ( venturi effect). and i know the fast intake manifold is better then the bbk in peak numbers but in a test the ls6 made a better lowend then the fast. i am in a standstillas what to buy for my car now because i only want parts that will also fit the warhawk engine i plan to get.. so intakes are scetchy for me given i know the warhawk will demand alot more air.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:12 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn I'm tired of seeing this thread! The poll results speak for themselves, as does 9 pages!

Quick Reply: BBK vs. LS6 (Intake Manifold)