Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP duals w/broken hangers? lil help plz

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP duals w/broken hangers? lil help plz

Well, I tacked my TSP duals on last year. The welds held, but took a chunk of the aluminum floorboard with them

Anybody mount theirs in an alternate way? Any help or pics of your setup would be greatly appreciated. I dont think I can mount them back in the same place since its no longer there ya know.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by skippytheloon
but took a chunk of the aluminum floorboard with them .
One thing is there is no Alum Floorboards on our car . Its a thin stamped sheetmetal. You might be able to have someone weld a piece of sheet metal back in that location to fix. But make sure they take the carpet out or move away from heat..

John
Old 12-02-2005, 05:18 PM
Launching!

what did you break now Kyle, thats my job.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ojustracing
One thing is there is no Alum Floorboards on our car . Its a thin stamped sheetmetal. You might be able to have someone weld a piece of sheet metal back in that location to fix. But make sure they take the carpet out or move away from heat..
John
Golly gee, thanks John. Joe, I shot too much NOS and my floorboard fell off. Maybe you can fix it for me with some twine since your macguiver and all.

SO.....Anyone mount theirs using some kind of different style hanger from a different point than the *sheetmetal* under the seat. I know somebody had to think of something better.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:45 PM
Launching!

Golly gee, thanks John. Joe, I shot too much NOS and my floorboard fell off. Maybe you can fix it for me with some twine since your macguiver and all.

SO.....Anyone mount theirs using some kind of different style hanger from a different point than the *sheetmetal* under the seat. I know somebody had to think of something better.
No twine on me but find me 2 popsicle sticks and a kit kat and we're in business.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Got a plan, its so simple...I'm just gonna take some real thick sheetmetal, form it under the seats to give me a sturdy 2nd floorboard to weld through the flimsy to the thick inside layer I add.

Wow, thats some help there, lemme guess...your gonna eat the kit kat and play with your popsicle stick ppl while I work on the exhaust? Dont worry, providing comic relief and emotional support is much more helpful.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:04 PM
Launching!

Got a plan, its so simple...I'm just gonna take some real thick sheetmetal, form it under the seats to give me a sturdy 2nd floorboard to weld through the flimsy to the thick inside layer I add.

Wow, thats some help there, lemme guess...your gonna eat the kit kat and play with your popsicle stick ppl while I work on the exhaust? Dont worry, providing comic relief and emotional support is much more helpful.
lol just give me a call if you need help.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

this must be what V6 Bird was talking about the duals tearing peoples sheet metal out
Old 12-02-2005, 10:42 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

use a larger plate on the inside of the car behind the carpet. then drill holes through the plate to "spread" the load of the hangers over a larger area of the weak sheetmetal. Sorry to hear about your bad luck man, hope it turns out ok......

why the hell did you weld it on there anyways???? just about everyone i know just bolts it to the floorboard. How do you get the exhaust off once it's welded to the car?
Old 12-02-2005, 10:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I guess...dont pay much attn to ppl that bash a product and go into some retarded "yo momma" argument immediately after. Kinda takes away their credibility.

I dont have any qualms about the product, I've built my own exhaust for my trucks and had hangers snap right in half...**** happens.

Just keep an eye on your hangers if your reading this and welded yours on there.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea, guess I should do it right this time and bolt it on....heh, I'm a hard learner
Old 12-02-2005, 11:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Personaly I always drill a 3/8 hold under the back seat and then use a 3/8 bolt with a washer on each side and a locknut.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess...dont pay much attn to ppl that bash a product and go into some retarded "yo momma" argument immediately after. Kinda takes away their credibility.

I dont have any qualms about the product, I've built my own exhaust for my trucks and had hangers snap right in half...**** happens.

Just keep an eye on your hangers if your reading this and welded yours on there.
Yeah Mike is cocky but that boy knows his **** when it comes to exhaust, especially duals.