Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any bbk intake result on the LS6?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 04:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question any bbk intake result on the LS6?

if there any dyno result with the bbk intake manifold on the LS6 style please post cuz i dont found anything in the search.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:50 PM
Teching In

i wouldnt waste your time or $ on it, I have the BBK POWER PLUS 85 MM T.B. mounted to my LS6 intake on my 02 Z/28 and it caused a few cold start and idle issues with my car, But luckily a member on here was kind enough to spend 3+ hrs working out the kinks and helping me get back to normal, Thanks Rick . I would say depending on your mod's you have it isnt worth the $ you can spend it wiser else where on your car, Mine i didnt even notice a difference performance wise even after the issues were fixed, But it is a good quality made part
Old 02-04-2006, 01:48 PM
12 Second Club

Default go with fast intake

go with the fast intake because the bbk is meatal it will heat soak.my cuzz has a 99 ram air and he got a wieland intake when they first came out and all it did was get hot lol.for some reason the temp gauge wouls run a 210 after install and he has a t stat
hope this helps. just from experiance
Old 02-04-2006, 10:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks guyz.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ins0mnia24
i wouldnt waste your time or $ on it, I have the BBK POWER PLUS 85 MM T.B. mounted to my LS6 intake on my 02 Z/28 and it caused a few cold start and idle issues with my car, But luckily a member on here was kind enough to spend 3+ hrs working out the kinks and helping me get back to normal, Thanks Rick . I would say depending on your mod's you have it isnt worth the $ you can spend it wiser else where on your car, Mine i didnt even notice a difference performance wise even after the issues were fixed, But it is a good quality made part
What was done to your car to take out the kinks.I just installed the same tb.My idle is pretty low (500 rpms) on cold morning but goes away after it heats up.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:25 AM
Teching In

I sent you a p.m. with the info 2001Blackta let me know how you make out with it
Old 02-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ins0mnia24
I sent you a p.m. with the info 2001Blackta let me know how you make out with it
Could you sent the info again.I didn't get anything in my pm's.

Thanks Danny
Old 02-08-2006, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could you send me the info too...
Old 02-13-2006, 04:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

I jusr ordered the BBK intake, of course its going to soak up more heat. But if your car back fires and it shatters a plastic intake the pieces can get all in the motor where the metal bbk intake would most likely just blow the intake off and mess up the maf.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:18 PM
Staging Lane

I would like to know how you like the BBK intake when you get it on. I am surer everyone else would too.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:09 PM
Teching In

Me personally with my 80mm Power Plus T.B. on my 02 Z28 I'm not very impressed by it.
It's looks like it is made very well quality and all but performance wise i didnt notice a thing. Not even a different throttle response or anything. And that is just being truthful with you guys
I am running all of the possible bolt-ons SLP CAI ram air. lid, bellow ect.. And i can't find any noticable difference. The only thing it did do for me was make me have to get a Tune done on my PCM because my car was idling lousy, And that was because it made my AIR/Fuel ratio lean or rich along with a lousy cold start up
I know the only possible gains are 8-12 horse but i would of thought i could feel a little something throttle wise but who know's it might help enhance the horsepower on my car the 1st week of March when i have my QTP Headers and custom y-pipe fabbed and installed
But if i could do it over again i would of spent the $ on something else for my car that's my thought on it
Old 02-20-2006, 04:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Talking

Anytime you increase air intake it should help, but you might have to tune it to adjust idle and mabey even adjust your air/fuel ratio on a dyno. I dont think a t/b or even t/b + intake would alter your idle that drastic but if something isnt hooked up right it could. And I wouldnt think 'gains' would be awhole lot on stock motors. Even so, gains might only be noticable on the dyno or at the track when you recieve a time slip. An intake isnt exactly going to feel like a 150 shot of nitrous.

Originally Posted by VortecHOjunkie
I would like to know how you like the BBK intake when you get it on. I am sure everyone else would too.
I just recieved it today. I won't have time to put it on until the end of the week. All I can say now is that it looks really cool and the quality appears nice.

I will post some before and after dyno results as well as comment on the fitment. I havent even 'heard' of anyone else with this intake yet so I know alot of people are almost as anxious as me to get it on my car.