Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texas Rumbler????

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 09:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas Rumbler????

Any one running this catback with stock Y pipe and cats???? If so what do Ya think about it??? I have a Magnaflow with this setup and it is just too tame...

Last edited by The old man; 03-24-2006 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's fairly loud (not stupid loud) but you know you have an exhaust, I got alot of compliments on the sound at WOT (it sounds tough, was one of the comments)
There is some drone at 70mph in 6th, but nothing turning up the radio won't solve
Overall it's a pretty good system for not alot of money
BTW if you do headers and ORY the volume does increase, but so far no complaints from the neighbors (but I try to be nice when leaving early in the morning, and keep the revs down)
Old 03-25-2006, 01:10 AM
Teching In

It's too quiet for me...I ended up having the bullet muffler cut out and just a pipe welded back in...it sounds better now but it's still kinda tame.....but for the money its a good exhaust
Old 03-25-2006, 09:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've had it for nearly a year with stock manifolds and y, been very pleased with it. That being said, I recently took an afternoon road trip to Houston and back, and the drone actually got on my nerves. My girl was with me and I was having trouble hearing her over it. My 3.73's and high cruise rpm probably didn't help much with that though. Been looking at the Magnaflow(like you have) since then.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

i really liked mine when everything else was stock, only a little drone - i threw on long tubes and catted y and alot of the drone seemed to go away, but then the rasp started to escalate - i can no longer stand it with my h/c setup in my sig...it drones like a **** and the rasp is horrible

it's a great sounding budget catback tho for a stock or mildly modded setup
Old 03-25-2006, 08:23 PM
TECH Resident

i like it too, ive taken the muffler out and put pipe in and put the muffler back on with a cutout in front of it, now i love it but theyre right you get the machine gun rasp with headers and ORY but it seems when i took out my egr and blocked it off the rasp wasnt so damn loud.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:23 PM
TECH Resident

cant beat it for the price just make sure its all right before you tighten down those clamps because once you do it there.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

I have a brand new Rumbler, never even installed. I decided to go with headers and ORY cuz I got a great deal, now I think the Rumbler might be louder than I want. You cover the shipping and I'll swap ya. Shoot me a PM if interested.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:14 PM
TECH Regular

I have it with stock y-pipe and manifolds right now, and it sounds pretty good. It does drone a little bit sometimes, but it's not terrible.

Can't wait to get the longtubes on it, though.