Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for Borla Adj CB Owners...

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 09:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question for Borla Adj CB Owners...

I recently picked up a '99 Z28 M6. I installed the SLP lid, etc. and now am looking for an exhaust. I'm trying to get performance, appearance and sound all in one system, but it seems impossible. After reading a thousand posts and listening to just about every set-up on ls1sounds.com, I narrowed it to Hooker, Magnaflow or Borla. I've finally decided on the Borla because I love the sound and it's stainless steel. However, I don't like the square tips at all (no offense if you have them).

Has anyone replaced the square-tips on their Borla? If so, is it a big pain in the *** and what tips did you go with? I'd probably go with a single slash-type tip. I would hate to take nice exhaust (not to mention an expensive one) and ruin it, so I figured I'd get your opinions first.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Intimidator3
I recently picked up a '99 Z28 M6. I installed the SLP lid, etc. and now am looking for an exhaust. I'm trying to get performance, appearance and sound all in one system, but it seems impossible. After reading a thousand posts and listening to just about every set-up on ls1sounds.com, I narrowed it to Hooker, Magnaflow or Borla. I've finally decided on the Borla because I love the sound and it's stainless steel. However, I don't like the square tips at all (no offense if you have them).

Has anyone replaced the square-tips on their Borla? If so, is it a big pain in the *** and what tips did you go with? I'd probably go with a single slash-type tip. I would hate to take nice exhaust (not to mention an expensive one) and ruin it, so I figured I'd get your opinions first.
id trade you my magnaflow tips for your borla tips .
Old 05-15-2006, 12:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

you can order differnt tips from them i think... im pretty sure u have a choice
Old 05-15-2006, 07:24 AM
TECH Addict

Baiscally ya could order another tips from them with same stainless steel quality of your CB

peace
Old 05-15-2006, 07:54 AM
11 Second Club

Get the tips you want, Borla gives you several options. Borla exhaust is the only part I have never changed on my car once the mods began. One of the best investments I've made !!
Old 05-15-2006, 07:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

borla is amazing. it sounds great with my MAC mids, very little rasp, and great deep idle. but LOUD when you get on the gas. i also love it because it has very little interior noise. definetly worth the money IMO.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:44 PM
TECH Regular

If you are going to change your tips go with corsa they look the best. I also think the CB sounds the best.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:57 PM
Teching In

I will definitely be going with the Borla. However, when I called last week, the guy I spoke with said that you can only get the square tips with the adjustable system. Maybe he didn't know what he was talking about, but I thought it was a little odd that a $900 system would only have one tip option.

SS1875, you said that Borla gives you several options. Did you order it directly from Borla and were able to change the tips?
Old 05-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

I love everything about my borla, including the tips.. But honestly if you wanna change the tips it can't be hard at all. The tips are welded on, just take a sawzall and cut them off, then have your new ones installed.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got the Borla adj. catback. Personally I love the dual square tips on a TA, Camaro's another story. Borla has different tips here. Any decent exhaust shop should be able to make em work.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt. Spuds
I love everything about my borla, including the tips.. But honestly if you wanna change the tips it can't be hard at all. The tips are welded on, just take a sawzall and cut them off, then have your new ones installed.
You don't saw them off, they slide off about 6 inches behind the tips!

I had the Borla system - sounded awesome with no other mods - with cam/heads omg had to get a magnaflow.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:19 PM
Teching In

I called Borla again today and was told that the tips are just clamped on, as Rescue Ranger pointed out. I was originally told that they came welded on.

Rescue Ranger, more than likely I'm going to be buying Pacesetters with the catted Y and eventually will get to cam/heads. Why did you have you get a Magnaflow after you put in your cam/heads?