Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hooker LT'S and TSP TD's needing installd

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hooker LT'S and TSP TD's needing installd

guys i have had my LT's and TD's for 2 weeks now and im dieing to install them.. but i dont know **** a bout doing it myself .. how much whoud a exhaust shop/speed shop a round $40 bucks an hour cost me.. iv herd ppl saying its a 10 hour install then herd ppl saying 5 hours.. let me know what you guys paid and how long dos it take remember guys i got hooker LTS and TSP TD'S
Old 05-14-2006, 11:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do it yourself
Old 05-14-2006, 11:53 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Installing the LT's isnt hard at all. Check the exhaust FAQ at the top of this page for some instructions.

Installing the duals isn't bad at all either. You just need some serious patience and a big *** hammer.

Do you live by any of the sponsers?
Old 05-14-2006, 11:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by camaroextra
do it yourself

It's not really that difficult, and there are plenty of how to sites that pretty much lead you by the hand.
If you still want to pay someone to do it, figure 4-5 hrs worth of labor. You have to remember they're going to have a lift, and air tools to get the job done alot faster than the average guy can
Old 05-15-2006, 12:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
Installing the LT's isnt hard at all. Check the exhaust FAQ at the top of this page for some instructions.

Installing the duals isn't bad at all either. You just need some serious patience and a big *** hammer.

Do you live by any of the sponsers?
hell no blur i live in the sticks i do have some good exhaust shop that my local speed shop said that they know what there doing because of the reason they build a few drag cars and workd on a few ls1's tell me blur what is all need to be done to slap these baby's on i herd that you have to jack motor up a very lil and its like a 10 hour install??????????????????????????
Old 05-15-2006, 12:24 AM
That's what she said...

Originally Posted by blackbird-TA
hell no blur i live in the sticks i do have some good exhaust shop that my local speed shop said that they know what there doing because of the reason they build a few drag cars and workd on a few ls1's tell me blur what is all need to be done to slap these baby's on i herd that you have to jack motor up a very lil and its like a 10 hour install??????????????????????????
Someone lied to you! Headers on these cars are easy. Check the exhaust FAQ sticky at the top of the page for some more information. There are guides for installing headers posted in there.

The TSP duals go on pretty easy. Flip the fuel line brackets inside the tranny tunnel and re-install the lines for more clearance (they just pop out). You just slide the system together making sure you can adjust the pipes to make them ride well. You can put a jack under the dumps and they will really ride high. Beat the hell out of whatever it hits on on the way up, then drill some holes in the rear seatpans for the hangers, run some 3/8" bolts and fender washers through, and viola.

I would suggest going by a shop and asking them how much it would be, we can't really tell you here. Bring them some printouts of the install instructions, it might help lower the cost some. Make sure you mention flipping the fuel line brackets too.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:53 AM
On The Tree

yeah i coud tell the shop to do that for me with all the info.. you gave me shoud give it great clearance.. also coming from just a GMMG cat back to LTS true duals with bullets am i gonna really here a diffrenc huge amount of sound as every body says a bout duals.. btw you sold me on bullets blur when you said.. they growl when your creeping a round like you whoud not belive and then the **** hits the fan when the pedal hits the floor lmao.. god i love that saying cant wait to tell all my f-body friends that 1
Old 05-15-2006, 01:10 AM
On The Tree

blur i cant find aney instructions.
on the FAQ coud you try finding it for me cause i coud not figure out how to find it every thing i typed in there was no dice..
for me aney ways
Old 05-15-2006, 01:30 AM
That's what she said...

Prepare for much roarage with the bullets. Get someone to drive your car while you stand behind it, it sounds even meaner. I never realized it untill I *tried* to get it inspected and the inspection guy drove it. I even heard him give it a little throttle blip behind the building.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....64&postcount=2

Look where it says "How to install".
Old 05-15-2006, 02:01 AM
On The Tree

thanks blur for all your help and info.. cant wait to slap these biatchs on being that i have a gmmg phase 1 blackbird that already ben tuned with headers and TDS am i gonna have to retune it or everything will be fine
Old 05-15-2006, 02:25 AM
That's what she said...

You'll need to adress the rear O2 sensor problem. Refer to the AIR/EGR/Rear O2 sticky for some more information.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:48 AM
On The Tree

i got a pair of 02sensors from tsp with my order