Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! What intake do I have might of gotten ripped off?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 02:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

heres a tip.. ALWAYS pay paypal with your credit card.
paypal pops up warnings, and tells you about their guarantee, and how you dont need to.

do it anyway.

when things like this happen, call the credit card company back, and yank the money from paypal... when paypal gets THEIR money yanked, they make things happen.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
heres a tip.. ALWAYS pay paypal with your credit card.
paypal pops up warnings, and tells you about their guarantee, and how you dont need to.

do it anyway.

when things like this happen, call the credit card company back, and yank the money from paypal... when paypal gets THEIR money yanked, they make things happen.
Good advice but real scammers won't have any money in their paypal account or checking account linked to it so while Paypal may find in your favor they are powerless to take action unless the money is in their Paypal account or checking account.

Real scammers always find a way to outwit the system setup to protect the honest buyer. Sucks but that is the way this world has become.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mike02Z
Good advice but real scammers won't have any money in their paypal account or checking account linked to it so while Paypal may find in your favor they are powerless to take action unless the money is in their Paypal account or checking account.

Real scammers always find a way to outwit the system setup to protect the honest buyer. Sucks but that is the way this world has become.

doesnt matter.. they make their account negative.. meaning they now OWE paypal, as per terms of the paypal agreement that everyone doesnt read. Your account gets credited and they bill them for the money..
Old 05-31-2006, 04:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work in the parts dept of a gm dealership and tried looking for info on that part #. i cant get it to come up at all in our system, but did some searching and found that it fit a 97-00 ls1 vette. hope that helps and hope you get your refund.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GR33N GoblinM6
doesnt matter.. they make their account negative.. meaning they now OWE paypal, as per terms of the paypal agreement that everyone doesnt read. Your account gets credited and they bill them for the money..
That's good to know. I have heard horror stories from people supposedly winning a claim from Paypal and then being told the person who scammed them closed up and removed all their accounts and that Paypal couldn't get them their money back. yes, they said they put a negative on the scammers account but claimed that until there was money in that account they could not refund the money. Guess that was either an outdated policy or those folks I heard that from were just lying.

I've had no issues (thank God!)with anything purchased to date but I am careful and ask a ton of questions if something on ebay is not spelled out clearly. If the seller does not respond I move on. I also insist on at least a 99% positive feedback.

I think what this guy needs to find out is whether the Z06 ever came with an LS1. Like I said I do not think it ever did but his whole case rides on that fact since the guy never said LS6 intake in the add apparently.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's good to know. I have heard horror stories from people supposedly winning a claim from Paypal and then being told the person who scammed them closed up and removed all their accounts and that Paypal couldn't get them their money back. yes, they said they put a negative on the scammers account but claimed that until there was money in that account they could not refund the money. Guess that was either an outdated policy or those folks I heard that from were just lying.
this is why you dont deal with paypal. you deal with YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY... if you do paypals bank transfers, and they have nowhere to transfer from to refund you, you're screwed.
if paypal doesnt want to work with you, you're screwed.
if paypal makes some specific rules (like in this case) where the person sent something, so the transfer was complete....... you can bypass them.

worse case, paypal takes the loss.. considering the cash they get from me, i dont have a problem with that... (this is also why they really hate when you use your card..)

I think what this guy needs to find out is whether the Z06 ever came with an LS1. Like I said I do not think it ever did but his whole case rides on that fact since the guy never said LS6 intake in the add apparently.
the Z06 never came with a LS1. peroid.
that was the "cool" thing about the C5 Z06... it was the ONLY car to get the "better" LS6 motor... (and it had some lightening stuff........ really it was just a gimmick to get rid of the crappy looking FRCs that wernt selling, but lets not change the subject... lol)
Old 05-31-2006, 05:04 PM
TECH Resident

Thumbs up

You need to make a call to the Foundation for Law and Government (FLAG). Michael Knight could help you on this.

"Michael Knight... a young loaner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless... in a world of criminals who operate above the law."

Old 06-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Staging Lane

Or we could just get everone on this board to give negative feedback on the seller... 97% would go to crap pretty quick.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:46 PM
TECH Resident

Here's some good information.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:18 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

97% means he has had some negative. pretty good feedback is 99.6%.

Sorry you got screwed.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:16 PM
Launching!

So what did you pay for it? If it was more than $100-$150 I'd be ripshit.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All 2001 - 2004 motors, ls1 or ls6, got whats popularly known as the ls6 intake monifold. The maifold did not exist on any car before 2001.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

That totally sucks if you don't get your money back.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know I'm bringing this thread back from the dead but I'd like to know whether you got your money back from this or not?

Originally Posted by GR33N GblinM6
GR33N gblinM6,
Please take a look at this thread when you get a minute....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=153014&page=3

Many people on this thread (even up until Jan of this year) claimed they won a case with paypal but since the scammer had no money in his account they could not recover the money. What makes this different? Is it just because he bought it with Ebay and used Paypal?

I went through about 10 pages of legal jargon on the Paypal site and could find nothing that states what you said above. I'm not doubting you, I'm just trying to find the actual document that states this and clear this up once and for all. I keep hearing if the scammer cleans out his account that Paypal will find in your favor but can't recover any money other than what the scammer has in his paypal account and then you get screwed.
Thanks,
Old 06-10-2006, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

I know this is slightly off subject but there is an LS6 intake on ebay right now that appears to have a big busted place on it and the seller claims it is a casting mark. I just thought you guys could take a look at it and see what you think. I have never seen a casting mark look like this, just curious.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by motoxlifer
I know this is slightly off subject but there is an LS6 intake on ebay right now that appears to have a big busted place on it and the seller claims it is a casting mark. I just thought you guys could take a look at it and see what you think. I have never seen a casting mark look like this, just curious.
Would be helpful if you could link us...
Old 06-11-2006, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

just do a search for LS6 intake on ebay. But here you go
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Corve...spagenameZWDVW
Old 06-11-2006, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

I hope you can work it out. If not please spread the word about the scammers identity. Good luck with Paypal. After being scammed by a member of this board Paypal told me as long as the seller puts anything in the box they will not refund for an incorrect part. Not a lot of help for that 3%. Using your credit card when possible may buy some leverage.