Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you do to a 95 V6 Camaro to make it sound better?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow....what happened here? You guys are giving me a headache!

I still think she's hot! LOL....gearheads!
Old 07-25-2006, 09:41 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm never going to win this argument. some people think that dropping $6,000 on a blower for our cars just to knick into the 11's on a stock car is a waste of money. that's $6,000 to go less than 2 seconds faster. he dropped a few hundred (well under $1,000) to run with LT1's. i guess that's not an accomplishment. how does the old saying go? "arguing with an idiot is pointless, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"? i've taken this wayyyy too far, someone's gonna lock this thread if this BS keeps up. i'm done with this argument. good job so far russell, it's only going to get better for you. get some new dyno #'s and times up soon.

back on topic please.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:10 AM
12 Second Club

Black_Knight you are a moron. Just stop talking, or if you wanna prove something take your oh-so-fast 12 second car and come visit my area and see what happens.

For someone telling soemone not to talk **** without being able to back it up, you talk a lot of **** for having only a 12 second LS1.

I dont know this guy from a hole in the wall, but he has done more than you ever will as far as engines go, whether its a v6 or v8. You tell him he cant back up his claims, but he can with what he has done, and yet you are talking about 10 or 11 second cars when you only have a 12 second car? Which can be accomplished with a simple lid and catback. So what can you back up?

You're an *******, shut the **** up.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:12 AM
12 Second Club

Oh and to answer the question...

My friend has a V6 mustang with true duals and flowmaster 40 series, sounds pretty good all RPM's, just not very loud past like 3000.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:19 AM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by Sk8runeg
Oh and to answer the question...

My friend has a V6 mustang with true duals and flowmaster 40 series, sounds pretty good all RPM's, just not very loud past like 3000.
i agree. the more restrictive the muffler the better. the 3.4L V6 sounds surprisingly awesome at 2500 rpm's and less. i honestly loved the sound it made up to 2500 rpms with my old 80 series catback. just over 3000rpm's it rasped. again, i'm really pushing to try an SLP dual/dual system on there. since it's a crossflow like the flowmaster 80 series and very quiet, i bet it'll sound decent on a 6'er.

btw, thanks for the support Sk8runeg. it's nice to know you respect hard work and big progress on an engine regarded as worthless.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:32 AM
12 Second Club

No problem. I'm definitely not a V6 person, but that guy is a douche, and your friend does deserve respect whether his car is fast or slow.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by black_knight
FACT: He made the statement that modding 3.4L's isn't pointless versus getting a v8.
ok now you are just being stupid.

what i said was:
Originally Posted by black34v6
Two Words: Electronic Cutout.

Oh yea...and a Flowmaster 3-chamber dual out exhaust.

http://camaro.adwire.com/idle.mp3. (idle)
http://camaro.adwire.com/cardyno.avi (car in 4th gear on dyno).

Both links are the same car. 1994 3.4L V6 - dyno is before cam, cutout fully open. idle is after cam - cutout open and then closed.

Honestly I always laugh whenever I see v8 owners say that to v6 people - "buy a v8". Always entertaining.
where did i say that modding a v6 is better than buying a v8? if you read that carefully, and have more than a 3rd grade education (obvious you dont), you might notice that i only took slight amusement from the normal "v8 hate" that runs rampant on every board I visit thats not a v6 specific board.

FACT: This must mean in terms of being fast... the same kind of "fast" that the v8's have: 12's, 11's, 10's and more.
FACT: HE HAS YET TO PRODUCE THIS.
are you stupid? really. im serious. cause id like to know if im dealing with a window-licker here. i mean seriously you expect me to spend 100.00 and be in the 12's it seems... anyway. you dont know what fast is. you equate fast with how fast you are going. its not always about you, get over yourself.

Honestly tho, all you v8 people that agree with him (not saying all of you do..just those that are on the same page as him) -- im not trying to impress you. i really dont want your admiration or respect. why? because people like you i dont like associating with. you put things down because you dont understand them or are afraid of them. You keep to your corner and ill keep to mine. Honestly to go 12's all i have to do is two things:

1) get a megasquirt (140.00) and tune the car
2) put my 85 shot of nitrous on there. (which i dont wanna run cause i have a misfire)

once i do that id be in the 12's easy. of course then youd be like "well its not all motor". cause you would realize that your stupid little arguement was invalid. I know a guy who owns a 3.8L v6, hes spent about 1000.00 on his car, and he runs a 12.3 all day long. all he has done is port/polish the heads and build an evil nitrous wet system. he also gutted his car. but thats beside the point. he spent only 1000.00 and hes gained 3+ seconds on his 1/4 mile time. so owning a v6 is "just as good" as having a v8 to a point. again: get over yourself.

that being said:
Choco - its ok. this guy doesnt have the brainpan to understand what you are trying to say to him. he's a brutish Neanderthal that only understands one thing: fast = good.

i mean im used to his way of thinking. id say hes a bench racer; he probably goes to import meets and laughs at them, and then runs screaming like a little girl when they all gang up on him and hand him his *** in a paper bag.

the only thing id be interested in knowing, is if he realizes that Buick Grand Nationals are powered by a 3.8L V6 and have been known to run 9s.

anyway. doesnt matter.

I answered the guys question. Hes got the "right" info and not the wrong info perpetrated by the normal queue of losers that are all "get a v8", so I feel my job is done here.

I'm not posting in this thread anymore, as my time is way more valuable than the toolbox mentioned above.

have a good day everyone, and if you want advice on the 3.4 v6, feel free to ask.

Last edited by Black34V6; 07-25-2006 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:12 AM
TECH Resident

yall make a cute couple
Old 07-25-2006, 05:56 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sk8runeg
For someone telling soemone not to talk **** without being able to back it up, you talk a lot of **** for having only a 12 second LS1.
My car has nothing to do with this. His car has everything to do with this, since it is the "proof" that modding the 3.4L "isn't" useless.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:14 PM
12 Second Club

Wow, that was a lot of hot air and very little argument.

Random insults to my character and intelligence are not an argument.

Originally Posted by Black34V6
what i said was:...

Honestly I always laugh whenever I see v8 owners say that to v6 people - "buy a v8". Always entertaining.

...you might notice that i only took slight amusement from the normal "v8 hate" that runs rampant on every board I visit thats not a v6 specific board.
Evade it all you like, you're saying you have a problem with the statement "buy a v8." Which means, by implication, that you think that modding your V6 is a viable alternative to buying a V8.

That's a tall claim, and I'd like to see your proof. Not your speculation about what might happen if you did this or that, but your proof. And you call me a bench racer, Mr. "I'd-be-in-the-12's-with-this"

And switching the subject to an entirely different engine, the LC2 (which by the way I've already talked about... guess you though you could get away with something by implying I'm not familiar with it), won't save you. If you'd bother to read, I've already said that the engine which is pointless to mod is YOUR engine, not every V6 on the planet.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:38 PM
Launching!

has anyone chimed in with drop a V8 in it yet?
Old 07-25-2006, 07:26 PM
Tech Resident

i know i said i was done with this, but insane stupidity and ignorance has forced me to make another post.

you think that modding your V6 is a viable alternative to buying a V8.
he never said this. shut up. at no point did he say that he's modding his V6 because it's cheaper than a V8, which is completely what you mean. what he's trying to do is take away the mantra that the 3.4L V6 f-body is a worthless car and doomed to be slow. he's not trying to run 11's. he's trying to run a respectable time. what he is saying is that he can afford it and he wants to do something that no one else has done, and so far he has been doing a damn good job. if you're not going to even try to listen, drop it. please. i'm tired of your pathetic arguments, i'm tired of you mouthing off when you have no comprehension of what his goals are, and i'm just plain tired of you. you've done nothing but take this thread off topic. if you have no suggestions on the original question of helping a V6 sound better, please stop posting here. if you wanna bash me or russell, take it to PM's. no one needs or wants to hear your bullshit anymore.

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight98TA
has anyone chimed in with drop a V8 in it yet?
yes, several times. it's neither funny nor helpful (i'm not trying to disrespect you, just trying to save 2 posts in a row).
Old 07-25-2006, 07:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
what he's trying to do is take away the mantra that the 3.4L V6 f-body is a worthless car and doomed to be slow.
So far, he has yet to do this. The only way that it wouldn't be considered worthless is to be competitive with the alternative: selling the car and buying a z28. If he can't compete with that option, then the 3.4L continues to be worthless.

All your yelling and blustering and telling me to shut up doesn't change the fact that the 3.4L is precisely what you say it isn't: worthless and doomed to be slow.

I await the proof of it being otherwise. Until then, he has no basis on which to look down his nose at people who say "get a V8."
Old 07-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Tech Resident

So far, he has yet to do this. The only way that it wouldn't be considered worthless is to be competitive with the alternative: selling the car and buying a z28. If he can't compete with that option, then the 3.4L continues to be worthless.

All your yelling and blustering and telling me to shut up doesn't change the fact that the 3.4L is precisely what you say it isn't: worthless and doomed to be slow.

I await the proof of it being otherwise. Until then, he has no basis on which to look down his nose at people who say "get a V8."
"fast" has no definition. there are plenty of people on this board that would dust you by 10 car lengths that consider themselves slow. or you could check out honda boards and see them **** themselves over 15's.

this is the last time i'm gonna comment. if you're gonna argue, PM me and maybe i'll respond. don't pollute this thread anymore, it's gonna get locked. i'm gonna go stare at the picture of the girl he posted earlier in the thread.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Does anyone agree with me on that she's hot?

LOL.....you guys.....I don't even get what the hell you're arguing about!
Old 07-25-2006, 08:17 PM
Launching!

EDIT -

I think I stumbled into a heated argument.

yikes. regardless good luck with your friends V6

- Turbo that bad boy! sleepers can be fun.

Last edited by WhiteKnight98TA; 07-25-2006 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:53 PM
Banned

honestly choco -- what i said before. this guy is a complete toolbag. i really dont see the importance in talking to him anymore. i dont argue with idiots and so ive stopped talking to him. just let it go and he'll go away.

btw - yes the chick earlier in the post is smokin. cool that a hot chick likes camaros, "even" if its "just a v6".
Old 07-25-2006, 09:01 PM
12 Second Club

I won't say anything else on this to you, ChocoTaco, if you do the same.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:27 AM
Banned

so yea. once again - flowmaster 3 chamber (not sure what series that is). a loudmouth will actually sound suprisingly good (and loud as @#$), but WILL rasp a little at around 3500+ rpms.

the size is the key. do not put a 2.5" pipe on the car, it'll sound like crap. thats the problem that everyone does. thats why the v6 sounds bad...piping too small. get a good 3" (Outer Diameter - probably 2.75" inner diameter) exhaust pipe, and a good 2-3 chamber muffler and it'll sound great. get the same piping + no muffler and it'll sound amazing.

if you do a 3" pipe the car will sound exactly like a 5.0L V8. those of you that call bullshit (black knight) - shut the **** up, i own a 3.4L, i have a friend with a 305 and they sound identical at all RPMS.

anyway. hope this helps.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:38 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread is on "Probation"....keep on subject and it won't need a locksmith.

Quick Reply: What would you do to a 95 V6 Camaro to make it sound better?