Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dont use this mod!!!! Free Ram Air is Bad

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 11:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got BGRA...

just to poke the coals for the reg. TA and Camaro guys, hahaha

Old 08-16-2006, 11:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would recommend getting a fan switch for the city driving. idk how high you fan g when ur just sitting but you can turn them on full blast anytime. its great for the staging lanes. I can't afford anything on my car till I get a new job but I was jealous of all my buddies at the track sittin in the staging lanes with the car off and the fans going full blast
Old 08-17-2006, 07:05 AM
12 Second Club

Wow, this is pretty pathetic.

I'll end the debate once and for all. I'll be going to the track either this weekend or next, and although I was going to make some cuts for the FRA sometime tonight, I'll just wait till I get to the track. I'll Make some runs without the FRA, then cut for it.

Mods are Lid/Filter, Pacesetter emissions friendly long tubes, True Duals (no merge). we'll see how it goes.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:08 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by navyblue2000
Wow, this is pretty pathetic.

I'll end the debate once and for all. I'll be going to the track either this weekend or next, and although I was going to make some cuts for the FRA sometime tonight, I'll just wait till I get to the track. I'll Make some runs without the FRA, then cut for it.

Mods are Lid/Filter, Pacesetter emissions friendly long tubes, True Duals (no merge). we'll see how it goes.
You are a M6 dude, they are WAY too inconsistent at a track. That's not gonna prove anything. 80% of driving a M6 LS1 is the mental game of KNOWING your car just got faster, haha.

Seriously though, good luck with it, and i hope you get some clean passes out of the car!
Old 08-17-2006, 08:14 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
You are a M6 dude, they are WAY too inconsistent at a track.
With drag radials and a good burnout to get traction, if you know how to drive it, they can be very consistant. Only speaking from experience winning my class many times.

There are lots of variables at the track which will affect ET & MPH, but they are the same for M6 cars as they are for automatics. If you know what they are and are able to keep them the same for a couple of runs, you can no doubt do some testing on which mods work and which one's don't.

Actually, this FRA mod is best tested at the track because you need to really get moving to test it. Will be interesting if variables are kept the same, including 60' times (which is the key) to see if this has any noticable improvement or not. Good luck.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:40 AM
12 Second Club

I figure as long as the 60' times are within, maybe 4 hundredths at the most, and the 330' times are close, the rest should help draw a conclusion, although I think that that 1/8-1/4 time will show more improvement than the 0-1/8 time will.

And I can drive a manual The only time I took my Z28 to the track, it ran 4 13.00x's and a 12.98. even the MPH's were 107.5x every time. (imagine how I felt when the "get to know you" run was a 13.001)
Old 08-17-2006, 09:46 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Marblehead
With drag radials and a good burnout to get traction, if you know how to drive it, they can be very consistant. Only speaking from experience winning my class many times.

There are lots of variables at the track which will affect ET & MPH, but they are the same for M6 cars as they are for automatics. If you know what they are and are able to keep them the same for a couple of runs, you can no doubt do some testing on which mods work and which one's don't.

Actually, this FRA mod is best tested at the track because you need to really get moving to test it. Will be interesting if variables are kept the same, including 60' times (which is the key) to see if this has any noticable improvement or not. Good luck.

Hopefully someday i will drive my M6 as well as you

Sorry, but unless you're running a legitimate full built suspension/chassis car with deadly consistent trans/clutch setup AND tires, your consistency will be no where near what a auto car will be. don't tell me you're good at drag racing because you won some bracket racing events....consistency and winning in a bracket race is only as good as a r/t away.....

As for the guy going to race...a couple hundreths on the 60' will be worth ALOT in the 1/4.....but, you KNOWING you have the FRA will make you subconciously push the car harder. Trust me, i know. I wish you the best of luck, and it looks like you have a nice running car from your timeslips man!

Best of luck at the track, no matter what happens! a bad day at the track is ALWAYS better than a good day doing chores for the wifey

can we get a BONE-STOCK guy with a A4 to do this exact test? that would really demonstrate the usefullness of it at least in my opinion. Hell what do i know though~!
Old 08-17-2006, 10:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=tim99ws6]
can we get a BONE-STOCK guy with a A4 to do this exact test? that would really demonstrate the usefullness of it at least in my opinion. QUOTE]

Just make sure he doesn't push it harder with FRA
Old 08-17-2006, 10:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
Hopefully someday i will drive my M6 as well as you

don't tell me you're good at drag racing because you won some bracket racing events....consistency and winning in a bracket race is only as good as a r/t away.....

Chill. I've made points about being consistant with an M6 and refuse to get into a childish pissing contest about it with you. You have your experiences with an M6, I have mine.

There should be requirement to join this forum; fragile egos need not register. Check your ego and your insecurities at the door. No wonder there is so much argueing at this forum. Sheesh.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Fork.

Done.

(owner of a low 10 second M6 that has an FTRA)

Quick Reply: Dont use this mod!!!! Free Ram Air is Bad