Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock Stainless F-Body Headers

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 03:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why wont part number #65682 ceramic coated fully welded headers work on a 98 ls1 camaro? Edelbrocks website says 00-02 only? I'd like to use use headers but im not sure if they will fit.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

They fit you'll just need to modify your AIR pump fittings. (98-99 were clocked slight differently)

Old 01-11-2007, 05:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CHRISPY
They fit you'll just need to modify your AIR pump fittings. (98-99 were clocked slight differently)

you mean the tubes that come off that headers are at a different location, I plan to use block off plates so am I ok?
Old 01-11-2007, 05:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by RacerScott
you mean the tubes that come off that headers are at a different location, I plan to use block off plates so am I ok?
yup
Old 01-15-2007, 02:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

65703 on summit shows SS not mild steel yet Edelbrocks page shows mild steel. I'm assuming Summit is wrong.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:33 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by LIL SS
65703 on summit shows SS not mild steel yet Edelbrocks page shows mild steel. I'm assuming Summit is wrong.
yea, here's their description:
Edelbrock Victor Series Drag Race Headers with Ti-Tech Coating
Headers, Full-Length, Stainless Steel, Ti-Tech Ceramic Coated, Chevy/ Pontiac, Camaro/ Firebird, 5.7L, Pair
their description says stainless steel, but the actual product says "with Ti-Tech Coating". you gotta be careful with summit. their descriptions are wrong quite frequently. with anything you buy from summit, double check your part numbers from the manufacturer first. they have a lot of misinformation in their product descriptions.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the Edelbrocks with the slip fit merge collectors, we have welded the collectors on, and they perform AWESOME. and there are not to many options out there for stepped headers especially at a affordable price

keep up the good work and keep the R&D guys working on more lsX products
Old 01-15-2007, 09:24 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by thechef
i have the Edelbrocks with the slip fit merge collectors, we have welded the collectors on, and they perform AWESOME. and there are not to many options out there for stepped headers especially at a affordable price

keep up the good work and keep the R&D guys working on more lsX products
how is the fitment? ground clearance? ease of installation? the stepped stainless headers don't come with emissions fittings, right? i'd need to get a set with emissions fittings
Old 01-16-2007, 01:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
how is the fitment? ground clearance? ease of installation? the stepped stainless headers don't come with emissions fittings, right? i'd need to get a set with emissions fittings
we didnt really have any issues on the installation,
the fit is pretty good and there are NO ground cleareance problems, my car is not lowered but is a true daily driver, i am very hap;y with the headers from Edelbrock
Old 01-16-2007, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh nice, this is new to me, I'll have to do some more reading before I change my plan of the tried and true pacesetters.

I run an eldbrok header on my other car and its flat out wonderful, If they start offering great parts for lsxs i'd be quite happy.

I will have to sit back and see a few more posts from owners about them before my plans change though.

Great to see new parts coming out esp when it's what you are shopping for.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Tech Resident

i just want them to come out with a stainless set of already welded headers that come with the AIR fitting. if i could get a set of those brand new for ~$600, man, that would be a deal. i'd get them for sure, especially if they are stepped like their ti-tech coated counterparts. i'm just wary of buying ti-tech ones because first off, they're unattractive, and really all it is is a really good painted header. i mean yea, the ti-tech coating does retain heat, but it's still just a painted header, even if it's a really good one.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
i just want them to come out with a stainless set of already welded headers that come with the AIR fitting. if i could get a set of those brand new for ~$600, man, that would be a deal. i'd get them for sure, especially if they are stepped like their ti-tech coated counterparts. i'm just wary of buying ti-tech ones because first off, they're unattractive, and really all it is is a really good painted header. i mean yea, the ti-tech coating does retain heat, but it's still just a painted header, even if it's a really good one.
Mine started rusting only a couple months after I had em (Ti-tech coating). I could care less though as I'm not trying to win any shows and they're a damn good header for the price.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:03 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
Thats BS.

Magnaflow makes some rather small cats the fit when cut done into the Edelbrock y-pipe with minimal issues. Ask me how I know? I just did a setup for a guy with them. The cats were ~200 and i did the labor for 50 bucks!! I didnt need any extra bends to make it work.
Originally Posted by ArcticZ28
I have dynatech's welded into my edelbrock ORY. They're small as sh*t and didn't take much fab work at all. Now as for getting this whole thing to tuck well enough on a 2" drop, that's a whole 'nother story.
Any one have pics? I will be doing the same set up soon.

Quick Reply: Edelbrock Stainless F-Body Headers