Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flowmaster 1 Chambers on a NON trual dual system?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 10:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Pacesetters, ORY and then dumped with a one chamber before the rear axel. I love the way it sounds, its deep and there isnt any rasp. I cant feel a difference in power between the 1 chamber and the borla i had on before..
Old 12-05-2006, 10:57 PM
TECH Resident

I am seriously thinking about doing that ^^. I have what's in my sig now and I like how its quiet when I'm cruising and sounds pretty good at wot, but I think it might be a little too quiet and I don't think I like tips on a camaro unless its cme. But I don't know...I think I will keep the same setup until I am cammed and then see how it sounds from there...
Old 12-08-2006, 10:46 AM
TECH Regular

Well I called flowmaster today and they assured me it wouldn't be a restriction. They also assured me I wouldn't be able to drive around with it for long because of how loud it will be lol. I tried explaining the borla to them and how I drive around with it open but they weren't really getting it. So I'm definitely going to do this. I'm going to get rid of the borla muffler and replace it with a 1 chamber, and either put in the smallest plate or keep it closed depending on how it sounds. All in all it should cost me about 130, for 2 band clamps, 3" 90* bend exhaust tubing and 1 single chamber. Hope the sound is worth it.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01pewterbird
Well I called flowmaster today and they assured me it wouldn't be a restriction. They also assured me I wouldn't be able to drive around with it for long because of how loud it will be lol. I tried explaining the borla to them and how I drive around with it open but they weren't really getting it. So I'm definitely going to do this. I'm going to get rid of the borla muffler and replace it with a 1 chamber, and either put in the smallest plate or keep it closed depending on how it sounds. All in all it should cost me about 130, for 2 band clamps, 3" 90* bend exhaust tubing and 1 single chamber. Hope the sound is worth it.
its not really loud on stock manifolds. then again, i also have a dynomax( i think) in the i pipe.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:20 AM
TECH Regular

I also have long tubes and high flow cats that you can see through so its going to scream even with the closed plate, stock cats and y-pipe really quiet things down. I'm just looking for some more tone, and that borla muffler is HUGE. probably shed some pounds getting that thing out of there.