Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Is it too loud?
Yes good setup
100.00%
NO bad setup
0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Magnaflow catback help

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Magnaflow catback help

I live in a apartment complex and park my car in the garage ok well the people that leave above the garage can always here my car, i have a gmmg catback with longtubes and ory so it was loud, well the problem is i guess i am waking them up in the morning and in the middle of the night. So i switch back to stock ss catback and longtubes with ory well that is way to queit for me and not to mention that it sounds like ****. I am wanting to just get a magnaflow catback will that be to loud cause after all the harasment from all the people in the complex about the car, the last thing is i dont want to **** them off again with a loud car. what do you think
Old 03-17-2007, 10:52 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

**** them. it's YOUR car.

the only thing i'd tell you to do is add cats. since you have a GMMG, cats are a great idea and it'll make your car sound a lot better. it'll cut down on the volume, too.

if they confront you and ask you go make your car quieter, ask them for $500 for a new catback + installation. if they don't, i'd tell them to go pound sand.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Find an SLP Dual Dual or 2OTL if you can. Good luck sounds like a shitstorm is brewing over there

-J
Old 03-18-2007, 02:21 AM
On The Tree

can you talk to the landlord about maybe switching parking garages? or is it set up like that. I know some peole may think its too loud, but I say its landlords/building's fault the roof/floor is too thin. Not to cast blame, but its not like your illegally modding your stuff. See about working out some comprimise with your landlord if possible. You do have a right to take pride in your car!
Old 03-18-2007, 10:33 AM
Banned

he cant switch garages but he does have a cme tips and muffler in my garage right know just waiting on a valance will this be louder the stock catback if he uses the dual/dual muffler with it, cause the stock catback and longtubes isn't long enough
Old 03-18-2007, 08:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cats or bullet in the I-pipe.

Telling the neighbors to pound sand on a car that is not emissions legal is not a smart thing.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:24 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ragtop 99
Telling the neighbors to pound sand on a car that is not emissions legal is not a smart thing.

neighbors are one of the reasons im gettin rid of the loudmouth. i cant say anything cuz i dont have cats... when i put on the true duals w/cats, if are too loud for them....they can go f*ck themselves

u could always get a hooker catback though. i hear its pretty tame at idle and low rpm but still has some grunt up top
Old 03-19-2007, 08:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had to put a 18" bullit in the I pipe with my magnaflow to settle the neighbors down.
Its still plenty loud on the throttle with a off road y and race victor edelbrocks.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:39 PM
12 Second Club

if they want to bitch about it, have them pay for a new, quieter exhaust
Old 03-20-2007, 08:46 AM
TECH Addict

As far as noise levels go:

LT's + ORY + GMMG is louder than
LT's + ORY + Magnaflow is louder than
LT's + ORY + Stock catback

I'd recommend the Magnaflow and if you can spring for 'em, get some high flow cats too. If they still complain, tell them to kiss your *** because I'd bet money a catted LT car with a Magnaflow setup meets pretty much most any dB ordinance (as long as you're not hot-doggin it in the garage).