Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gains from ported Fast 90/90?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 09:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Gains from ported Fast 90/90?

I'm going to be putting on a ported fast 90/90 from vengeance racing here in the next few weeks, and the question that I have is what kinds of gains will I notice from it? I have pretty much all the bolt-ons with the exception of the Electric Water Pump. And I'll be switching from the LS1 intake. I was considering just going with the LS6 and porting my throttle body but I will be doing a big cam and heads package later down the line and don't want to have to redo the intake. So should I notice a nice SOTP gain from the intake and throttle body? Also, I'm needing to get the car tuned. It's never been so I think I'll take it in after the Intake. Thanks!
Old 04-05-2007, 01:34 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you will definately feel a SOTP difference going from stock tb and LS1 manifold to a ported 90/90 setup. I felt a difference just going from a LS1 to a LS6.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay, I wonder how much of an improvement over the LS6 manifold the FAST is? Only a few horses, or more?
Old 04-05-2007, 10:49 AM
Teching In

It all depend's if your going with a big Cam and Aftermarket cylinder heads you will see pretty good numbers with the Fast90/90 set up at higher RPM's. If your going to stick with a stock cam/heads for now I would just stick with a LS6 intake manifold. If you went with a fast 90/90 set up with stock cam/heads you won't see as good as numbers. The Fast 90/90 set up is meant for big cam/ aftermarket cylinder heads. If you put a fast 90/90 set up on stock cam/heads it will kill you down low.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:29 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98RedBird
Okay, I wonder how much of an improvement over the LS6 manifold the FAST is? Only a few horses, or more?
only a few more on stock, but since you said you are going with an agressive h/c package later on i would go for the fast.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:56 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if u are going with a ported fast people have seen gains upward of 25rwhp and 10-15 ft lbs with the larger cammed motors, id say on a stock motor u wont see nearly those types of gains, especially on the torque end.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SMahar28
It all depend's if your going with a big Cam and Aftermarket cylinder heads you will see pretty good numbers with the Fast90/90 set up at higher RPM's. If your going to stick with a stock cam/heads for now I would just stick with a LS6 intake manifold. If you went with a fast 90/90 set up with stock cam/heads you won't see as good as numbers. The Fast 90/90 set up is meant for big cam/ aftermarket cylinder heads. If you put a fast 90/90 set up on stock cam/heads it will kill you down low.
I could't disagree more!!!! a FAST 90/90 on a stock motor will NOT kill you down low!!! there are alot of dyno sheets on this site that prove this. but it is true that you will not see that big off gains until you get H/C later! A ported FAST will net you some higher gains but not as much as with H/C! but it wont kill you down low eighther! The runners on the FAST are designed in such a way that you wont loose any power!
Old 04-07-2007, 12:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SSmoked!
I could't disagree more!!!! a FAST 90/90 on a stock motor will NOT kill you down low!!! there are alot of dyno sheets on this site that prove this. but it is true that you will not see that big off gains until you get H/C later! A ported FAST will net you some higher gains but not as much as with H/C! but it wont kill you down low eighther! The runners on the FAST are designed in such a way that you wont loose any power!

Well i'm not saying you won't see power you just won't see as much down low. If you are going to leave ur car pretty much stock I would just go with the LS6 intake manifold. And save yourself the money with a LS6 intake I have seen better numbers down low on a stock engine compred too th Fast 90 with a stock engine. I guess you will have to ask urself this question do you want to spend 800 on a Fast 90 intake or spend around 400 for a LS6 inake? You also should buy the 90mm fast t-body which is another 400 too so ur looking at 1200 which you will prolly see 20-35 depending on which setup you go with. If you have the money to spend I'd say go for it, If you don't go with the LS6 intake manifold. Another question you have to ask urself you can spend $1200 on a nitrous system and make a lot more power=). I Did go with a Fast 90 and a 90 Nick williams T-body for my 01 Z06 also put 215 ETP cylinder heads, With a real big camshaft, Underdrive Pulley, Double Roller timing chain, SLP oil pump, Long tube headers no cats, Halltech Stinger, Pushrods, 42 lb injectors, MSD wires, NGK plugs, Ram Clutch, Ram Flywheel, Ram Master, Ram slave cylinder, SLP loud mouth, 315/30/18 BF Drag rad, Had to get the Rocker Stands Machined & Put a 175 Wet Shot of Nitrous on the car Prolly spent around 12K on this project over the winter time just had the car dyno tune made NA 477 RWH & 472 RWTQ on the bottle it made 665 RWH & 652 RWTQ. I saved up the money over the winter time 6 months and dropped ever penny I had into the car because the goal was to go with the setup I wanted by spring time and leave the car alone no more mods the car is done. The point im trying to make is research what you want too do with the Head/Cam Nitrous, Turbo, Supercharger whatever just as long as the setup you pick makes you happy set a budget for yourself and a plan to get yourself to that goal you set then stop spending money on the car before it gets to expensive unless you have tons of money and don't really care. What you have to remember the more performance mods you do too your car the more things are going to break etc etc. You have to cover all the basis when researching what you are going to do too the car. Example if you go with a Head/Cam Nitrous 175 Wet set up say on a 99 Transam you have to remember yeah your going to make good power but you will need a sticky tire too hook up. Now you have a tires too hook up now you may have rearend problems, Torque arm problems it's never ending too doing mods too a car so you need to carefully pick out what you would like too do with the car. Sorry to get way off subject
Old 04-07-2007, 09:30 PM
On The Tree

^ couln't have said it better myself!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Gains from ported Fast 90/90?