Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XS Headers with Cats

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 10:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default XS Headers with Cats

Been reading a couple of threads (mostly positive) about XS Stainless headers. Only package I can find comes with an off-road Y-pipe. Since I need to pass the occasional Virginia visual inspection, I am interested in getting these (great price for stainless), but was wondering what would be the easiest way to keep cats in the picture? Can cats be made to work with the y-pipe they offer? I figure getting a custom Y-pipe might get expensive, especially in my area.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

yup, just install it all, buy some cats, then drive to a muffler shop. They will cut out sections of the y-pipe and weld the cats in. Problem solved!
EAD Performance has the best price on cats IMHO. Magnaflow 59959 for $89 a piece.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jimmypop13
yup, just install it all, buy some cats, then drive to a muffler shop. They will cut out sections of the y-pipe and weld the cats in. Problem solved!
EAD Performance has the best price on cats IMHO. Magnaflow 59959 for $89 a piece.
How did your installation of the headers go?
Old 06-23-2007, 07:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mbrownin
Been reading a couple of threads (mostly positive) about XS Stainless headers. Only package I can find comes with an off-road Y-pipe. Since I need to pass the occasional Virginia visual inspection, I am interested in getting these (great price for stainless), but was wondering what would be the easiest way to keep cats in the picture? Can cats be made to work with the y-pipe they offer? I figure getting a custom Y-pipe might get expensive, especially in my area.
I live in NOVA also, and will be installing these headers and y-pipe on 7 July. I've already checked out installing high flow cats at shop in Stafford called Robert's Exhaust. They've did some adjusting on my chambered exhaust system a couple months ago and did a top notch job. This shop has a very good reputation with the local F-Body crowd. After I get the headers and y-pipe installed, I'm taking the car by Robert's and getting the cats welded in.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nytmare1
I live in NOVA also, and will be installing these headers and y-pipe on 7 July. I've already checked out installing high flow cats at shop in Stafford called Robert's Exhaust. They've did some adjusting on my chambered exhaust system a couple months ago and did a top notch job. This shop has a very good reputation with the local F-Body crowd. After I get the headers and y-pipe installed, I'm taking the car by Robert's and getting the cats welded in.
I'd be interested to know what that shop charges for welding the cats in. That's a little ways down the road for me (Fairfax vicinity), but it'd be worth it if the price is right.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy the headers alone and get a Jet Hot catted y pipe.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
Buy the headers alone and get a Jet Hot catted y pipe.
How well does the Jet Hot Y-pipe match up with the XS headers?
Old 06-23-2007, 09:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mbrownin
How well does the Jet Hot Y-pipe match up with the XS headers?
As good or better than the XS one from what I've seen.