Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter and tsp ory Install HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter and tsp ory Install HELP!!

okay so yesterday i installed my pacestter headers actually those were a breeze to put in. i had to cut that tab off the block on the drivers side to get them in but lucky i work at a shop and had a lift to do it all....

the tsp ory is a completly different story. that thing is a royal pain in they ***. the pipes dont slid on well at all. i got the y pipe together enought to drive it home. but it is not adjusted well at all. also i have no clearence on that brace right at the beginning of the driveshaft. i took it off for now, should i leave it off or does that serve a structural purpose?

anyone wanna help comments are very aprreciated. overall i love this setup driving home with only headers and a y pipe, loudd as *****. i would definatlly recomend the headers the y pipe is another story.

Last edited by 2001sunsetmetalss; 12-07-2007 at 10:23 PM. Reason: forgot to finish the entire thread
Old 12-07-2007, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just purchased a Pacesetter ORY. It hasen't got here yet but I'll let you know how it fits. I just know it sucks when you think something is going to be easy and it turns out to be a 2 hour job. (Someone stripped my oil pan plug on my Duramax at the dealership)
Old 12-07-2007, 11:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2001sunsetmetalss
okay so yesterday i installed my pacestter headers actually those were a breeze to put in. i had to cut that tab off the block on the drivers side to get them in but lucky i work at a shop and had a lift to do it all....

the tsp ory is a completly different story. that thing is a royal pain in they ***. the pipes dont slid on well at all. i got the y pipe together enought to drive it home. but it is not adjusted well at all. also i have no clearence on that brace right at the beginning of the driveshaft. i took it off for now, should i leave it off or does that serve a structural purpose?

anyone wanna help comments are very aprreciated. overall i love this setup driving home with only headers and a y pipe, loudd as *****. i would definatlly recomend the headers the y pipe is another story.
installuniversity.com

maybe u can find some tips on there
Old 12-07-2007, 11:15 PM
10 Second Club

most of the time on the tsp y pipe you have to bring them to an exhaust shop and have the ends that slide ove the header collector expanded. other than that it has alot of adjustment. its one of the best ones i have installed and i have done quite a few
Old 12-08-2007, 09:01 AM
TECH Regular

Removing the brace is ok, you can bend it by hand. That thing serves no structural purpose. I believe its there to stop the drive shaft from hitting the ground if it breaks.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know this is not going to help you, so don't think I am being a dick for saying this. But for all the people who haven't purchased an aftermarket y-pipe yet maybe it will help; if you can, get a custom one built. Most exhaust shops don't even charge that much and it's built for your car and fits perfectly. I know it may not be an option sometimes since most people want to install their headers and then y-pipe/catback, but it is worth it. I hear nothing but horror stories about almost all aftermarket y-pipes, so I got mine custom made.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

I agree with Grifter.....My TSP y-pipe had fitment issues. The headers went in easily but the y-pipe was too tight against the floor pan. The offset was not bent enough for proper clearance on the driver's side. If I do it again I will have one custom made that has the proper clearance.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

well i got it all in know and adjusted best as possible. there are a few leaks underneath. but my biggest problem right now is a real bad ticking noise on the passenger side header. i drove it home last night and i didnt hear this noise at all. i have also since then tighten all of those passenger side header bolts.

i reused the old gaskets but they only have 17000 miles on them. could this possibly be a spark plug arking. and if it is a gasket do i have to remove the enitre header to replace them
Old 12-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Launching!

hell no take the bolts loose and slide the old gasket out and slide the new gasket in and put the bolts back in and tighten them back up.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:37 PM
On The Tree

sweet thanks i really think it is the spark plug wires though those things were a pain to get off and im sure i damaged one. im gonna order new plug wires header gaskets and get everything welded in hopefully the noise will go away. after getting the tsp ory on ( which was a pain). i happy to say i have no floorboard banging and it seems to have a decent amount of clearence