Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker or Jet Hot

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 07:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoWDyWS6
i had a pair of hookers on my bed
Old 12-27-2007, 11:16 PM
Banned

Yes, the removable cat Y-pipe includes the cats. Again guys, people like to come down on the coating because all they have had is the cheap "outside only" coating jobs that Pacesetter has done. These Jet Hot headers are coated inside and out and will last basically the life of the car!

Originally Posted by tee-boy
Does the y pipe w/ removalbe cat include the cats?
Old 12-27-2007, 11:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had my Jet-Hot coated Hooker LTs since 2002. I wouldn't go with any other header, Hooker is the best IMO. They were a breeze to install with absolutely no fitment issues, nor ground clearance issues. And yes, they came with everythign to install them ... less the tools.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:42 AM
Teching In

The other really huge factor is, the bung placement for the O2'S on the jethots fit without ANY issues. There are so many sets of long tubes on the market that change the O2 location and you have to end up hammering something to get it all to fit.

Kooks and QTP's are seriously a HUGE waste of money. They don't last any longer, they don't provide larger gains , they don't look better, yet they cost $300+ more, why ?
Old 12-28-2007, 11:23 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jet Hot's are the same as Hooker. I bought my car with the XS stainless already on them, and I have no complaints. They obviously make good power, look at my sig. 11.40s @ 116 with 340hp If I were to need new ones, I would go with the Jet-Hots because they pay out for NMCA contingency.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:22 PM
Banned

I would not call Kooks a waste of money. None of the others are TIG welded, or have things like blended primaries...and there is obviously the difference stainless vs. Plain steel. Also you can get Kooks in 1 7/8", 2" stepped, you name it.

Originally Posted by Albosky
The other really huge factor is, the bung placement for the O2'S on the jethots fit without ANY issues. There are so many sets of long tubes on the market that change the O2 location and you have to end up hammering something to get it all to fit.

Kooks and QTP's are seriously a HUGE waste of money. They don't last any longer, they don't provide larger gains , they don't look better, yet they cost $300+ more, why ?
Old 01-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Staging Lane

I have Kooks longtubes and their catted Y.....I think they are great. If you have the money get them. Good fitment, nice finish,great product. If your on a budget, pacesetters are the way to go. Just get yourself a set of copper gaskets (theirs are basically like paper) About 4 of my buddies have them, and love them. It's your call.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed
Again guys, people like to come down on the coating because all they have had is the cheap "outside only" coating jobs that Pacesetter has done. These Jet Hot headers are coated inside and out and will last basically the life of the car!
My friend has Jet Hots, just a couple years old, and they're rusty as sh*t. I'd go Pacestters cause they're cheaper.

Quick Reply: Hooker or Jet Hot