Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which would you buy, cost no object?
QTP
30.77%
American Racing
69.23%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

QTP vs. AR - which would you buy money no object

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my collector on my qtp's leaks.......if i had the money i would have gone ARH but its not a big deal ill fix em and put em in
Old 02-09-2008, 11:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
We'll continue this conversation after your ***** drop. It's hard to argue with a 5th grader.

Again, you wouldn't understand, pumpkin.
I've given it some thought...tell the others you're taken. You're now my internet bitch. How bout a pic, sweet cheeks??? You're the ******' joke of external engine and don't even realize it......
Old 02-10-2008, 01:07 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rsodeputy61
I've given it some thought...tell the others you're taken. You're now my internet bitch. How bout a pic, sweet cheeks??? You're the ******' joke of external engine and don't even realize it......
Funny thing is I've been making a joke of you for 2 pages and you're still biting. Let go of the fishhook. It was funny at first, but now it's just annoying. Grow up.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:02 AM
11 Second Club

Now that my LTs are in, and everything is running I will give my .02 on fitment.

The ARs fit great.. They slid in, with only the starter being pulled... Nothing else. Thier Y pipe, slid on, no real issues, clearance is tight, but I made sure mine was tucked up close due to shitty Illinois roads. With the Poly mounts, not one exhaust rattle. Hardest part for me was getting it to slide into my Magnaflow, as the clamp they used wasnt a band... and the pipe was pinched a little when it was first installed. NP, a rubber mallet, and a few cuss words, and its up.. Sounds great.

Seeing as I went race headers and Ory, I expected rasp. But, its only minor rasp at WOT.

The selling point for me was that it was a complete stainless system, as my car sees the rain.... I didnt want to have to replace them in a few years.

Kooks and ARHs are literally almost identical, except that the ARHs have HVMCs. There is some underlying deal between Kooks and ARH, and I think thats why Choco is a little biased. Yeah they arent polished like QTPs, but who in thier right mind is going to take the time to clean the primarys on thier headers after they are in.....

Seeing as ARH is the new kids on the block, they are out to prove something... And the quality of thier product still shines. For awhile, QTP dropped the ball, and people were getting headers that werent fitting, fully welded, or just plain old shoddy. From the sounds of it thats something that has been worked out now.

Either or and your going to be happy with the results and SOTP feel. But, like you stated, at this point in the price game an extra 100 bucks for piece of mind, and a little more ground clearance... You do the math.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:33 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I have a set of qtp's on my car now, and I will be replacing them with a set of ARH headers, not because there's something wrong with the qtp's, mainly becauase they don't make anything other then 1 3/4 primary size. I am going to a set ogf 1 7/8 stepped to 2 inch with 3.5 collectors, again, because when I asked QTP about something like this, they told me they don't make them and have no plans to.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Funny thing is I've been making a joke of you for 2 pages and you're still biting. Let go of the fishhook. It was funny at first, but now it's just annoying. Grow up.
You've been making a joke of me? That's funny....I guess some people just don't get it and you're one of them. Take a look at the poll results dipshit. While you're at it, try reading testimonials from others on here who actually have experience with both of these products. You're a dumbass kid, that's it. Off to class beotch.....

Why not give us all a treat and post up a pic of that y-pipe you've got, "Mr. Expert on Exhausts".
Old 02-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by rsodeputy61
You've been making a joke of me? That's funny....I guess some people just don't get it and you're one of them. Take a look at the poll results dipshit. While you're at it, try reading testimonials from others on here who actually have experience with both of these products. You're a dumbass kid, that's it. Off to class beotch.....

Why not give us all a treat and post up a pic of that y-pipe you've got, "Mr. Expert on Exhausts".
Off to class? I didn't realize high school started this late, and on a Sunday, too. I take it it's a special needs class?

Are you really that dense? If I ever need larger primaries, I'll have Kooks build me something custom. I won't buy from ARH for personal reasons. If you wanna know why, PM me because I'm not getting into it here because it wouldn't be proper. If I let you get the last word, will you wash the sand out of your vagina?

It's a shame you need my approval for you to feel like your purchase was justified. Why do you care so much about what I have to say, then come back at me like you don't want to hear it? You're more emotionally screwed up than a teenage girl. Don't take it out on me because your dad never paid attention to you when you were growing up. Take your issues somewhere else, I don't really care what's wrong with you (which is a lot, apparently). I don't have time to quench your thirst for attention. That's why there are psychologists. Go talk to them if you're going to be an emotional attention *****.

Pacesetters win almost every single poll on LS1tech. By your logic, they're the best headers money can buy. Congrats, you wasted over twice as much money on an inferior header This poll of 38 is error-free for sure. Most people that voted don't even own them

Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 02-10-2008 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kooks
Old 02-10-2008, 01:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ryan33187
QTP because I have them and they flow amazing and sound awesome ask the guy in midwest forum thats titled black ss in mokena on laporte. Only thing get a custom y-pipe not theres it hangs a bit low.
I have some QTP's on the way from Thunder Racing but I was wondering on which Ypipe to get cause I heard that before what you stated about theres hanging a little low.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by kenny_hill33
I have some QTP's on the way from Thunder Racing but I was wondering on which Ypipe to get cause I heard that before what you stated about theres hanging a little low.
Go custom. That's what I did. It cost me less to have the y-pipe fabbed and installed WITH cats than the cost of the QTP catted y-pipe without shipping or labor to install.

No ground clearance issues.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:03 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I've installed just about every brand header ever made over the past 20+ years. Don't think for one minute that there's the perfect fitting header manufacturer.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:36 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

perfect fitting absloutely not... personally I just want something with the tubing sizes I'm looking for.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:20 PM
12 Second Club

My QTP's fit perfect. They perform very well and the quality is the best I've seen on a header. Like Choco stated the welds are very nice. They even port the primarys to the gaskets. I know that arh is a nice peace as well but I think the QTP's out perform them. I wish someone had a dyno graph to really settle this though.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:10 AM
11 Second Club

BTW The AR headers have HVMC and mine slid in without removing the starter. Im not sure what thats about but I had no problems at all. They are 1 7/8 also.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:35 AM
TECH Junkie

QTP all the way!
Customer support is horrible but the product is awesome, have a set my self, and i am going with their QTP ORY also.
The person at ARH was originally from KOOKS, so they are close to being the same?
The only thing i wish QTP did better was pack the headers better in the box, because when i received mine i am guessing UPS droped it a few times and one of the collectors was bent to an ovel. But thats nothing a blow torch and a clamp couldn't fix!
Old 02-11-2008, 11:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gordon0652
QTP all the way!
Customer support is horrible but the product is awesome, have a set my self, and i am going with their QTP ORY also.
The person at ARH was originally from KOOKS, so they are close to being the same?
The only thing i wish QTP did better was pack the headers better in the box, because when i received mine i am guessing UPS droped it a few times and one of the collectors was bent to an ovel. But thats nothing a blow torch and a clamp couldn't fix!
You just gave excellent reason NOT to use QTP headers. Not being packaged well, and poor customer support go hand in hand for me to not purchase somthing from a company. I highly doubt that QTP or ARH headers in the same size outperform the other. I don't have any problem with QTP headers, but ARH seems to fit really well, has HVMC's and a nice Y pipe that fits well. QTP has only one size header....and although their Y pipe would flow exceptionally well, it doesn't fit well or provide good clearance, and isn't stainless if I remember correctly.

If I personally had to choose between the two, I would go with ARH and here is why. When I spend money on Stainless headers, I want something that fits like they are supposed too....although there aren't as many ARH headers out there I have yet to see one person say they don't meet expectations for fit. Also, again if I am going to spend extra for stainless, I want a matched setup that is All stainless and that includes the Y pipe. Honestly the only one thing that QTP appears to have going for it, above other companies is that their headers are the shiniest.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

I won't buy from ARH for personal reasons. If you wanna know why, PM me because I'm not getting into it here because it wouldn't be proper.
See, the truth finally comes out. Your opinions of ARH's quality are based solely on the fact that you have some personal vendetta against them. These threads ask "Which header/exhaust would you buy based on quality" and yet you continue to answer based on something you've heard about ARH's relationship with Kook's. Do you think I care how ARH was established? Welcome to the real world. Pay attention in your economics class and you might understand. Why can't you simply post, "My QTP's are great! Fitment isn't the greatest, but they shined up well and I'm happy with the performance"? You can't do that though. I don't need anybody's approval to justify my purchase. Everytime I look at my exhaust system, I'm reminded of why I paid extra. The same reason I chose GMMG. I guess you consider AFR heads to be a ripoff as well. It just amazes me that the mods don't warn you about continually bashing this sponsor based on something personal you believe to have happened. If there's one thing I've learned in life it's that there's usually 3 sides to every story. In this case, there's ARH's story, there's Kook's story, and then there's the truth. But absolutely none of it has anything to do with the quality of these products or there customer service. If you have such negative feelings about them or have had a bad experience, why not post it in the trader feedback. Leave it out of these forums and polls where the rest of us are trying to figure out which products to purchase based on quality. And before you even say I'm affiliated with ARH, yes I'll admit, I'm a sales rep for them..........in Mississippi. As far as you saying I'm a 5th grader and so on, just remember you're the one acting like a child interfering with these threads. When I said "Off to school", I meant you stupid. Remember, I was finishing graduate school when you were suckin mama's tit and shittin' in diapers.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Launching!

American Racing...got em on the Hawk and love 'em.

-Matt
Old 02-11-2008, 11:59 AM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i have qtp headers. they went in super easy. and polish on them was very nice when i go them. with that said i think their qaulity control is poor. ive seen these headers on another car and they hung a good 3/4 of an inch higher then mine on the drivers side. maybe the jig was off but his fit up much tighter to the body. also the headers are getting dingy looking on the polish under the car. almost like they are rusting on the bottoms but stainless doesnt rust. the rest of my stainless exhaust turned a nice golden color. id buy arh if i did it again. plus u get a nice stainless y as opposed to having to make one.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:46 PM
TECH Junkie

The QTP ORY pipe is SS, but the merge collector by Flowmaster is aluminized. So it depens on how you look at.
QTP's final product is great, they just need to work on somethings...packing, and customer support.