Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my QTP LT's today

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008 | 09:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Got my QTP LT's today

My QTP long tubes came in today! much better than what i was expecting. everyone for a while now has been bitching about quality issues but mine are flawless! im pumped. i was banking on a hit or miss by getting them but im glad i did. plus i got 2 t-shirts w/ em . they are putting the QTP badges on them and there are nogoofy *** welds in the pipes like some ive seen. almost got everything for my M6 swap now. got my prothane mounts, msd wires, plugs, ls7 clutch/flywheel, new master and slave, WS6 store shifter, ARP flywheel bolts, and pedal assembly. just need now a console and EFI live and ill be ripping it up in no time. well, after it stop friggin snowing that is . sorry for the rant im all wound up about all these parts showing up. love going home after a shitty day at work to find presents! so ya tumbs up on the QTP's lol.

corey
Old 02-21-2008 | 10:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

See how much you like then when you install them and they leak or when the ypipe drags all over the ground. Hopefully your lucky and they dont leak cause QTP will tell you to have a nice day
Old 02-21-2008 | 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Congrats, I love when new parts show up. The QTP merge collectors do look good, maybe the best looking header.

I'm thinking about installing a LS7 clutch in the spring. Post on how that install goes.

As for efilive I suggest having slowhawk do the tune. He's tuned my car twice so far. I need to install a better intake so I can get down to dez again for another tune and dyno.
Old 02-22-2008 | 09:15 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NBM99SS
See how much you like then when you install them and they leak or when the ypipe drags all over the ground. Hopefully your lucky and they dont leak cause QTP will tell you to have a nice day
this is a first i heard of them leaking. y pipe everyone knows that, but he didnt say he got the y pipe just the headers. all qtp needs to do is work on their y- pipe and they'll have a winner.
Old 02-22-2008 | 11:04 AM
TECH Resident

Not to beat a deal horse, but I've had TWO sets that I KNOW leaked. I checked them both with flashlights and could see light through the collector where the spike is welded together and actually performed a make-shift vacuum test to confirm one of them. After I spread some exhaust manifold repairs in my last set, I can say that header tick is nearly non-existant, and almost as quiet as manifolds, something that was quite different than before.

Let me say that I don't know how possible it is to completely weld a merge collector, so I don't want to come off, again, as sounding like I'm bashing QTP. I don't know how Kooks does their optional HVMCs nor how ARHs are, but if you look at a merge collector, and know anything about welders and welding, you'll see that it may not even be practical.

Anyways, I'm glad you're stoked. They are a great looking stainless LT and if they do leak, I'm sure it's not going to make a big difference either way. They give good power; I gained 30 RWHP with them and their catd' Y-pipe.
Old 02-22-2008 | 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Make sure to post pics when there installed
Old 02-22-2008 | 05:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had mine installed a couple months ago.. I liked them a lot too, the only problem I have with them, is the passenger side header is resting up against the frame on part of the car... I had the guys try to bend it back a little bit but you can't really bend the frame of the car like that.. anyway so whenever i back up and turn it rattles up against the frame and sounds like it's scraping.. Other than that they've been very good.. and they look awesome too
Old 02-22-2008 | 05:12 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Heck, quiet the haters and post pics now. One of these days I'll pick up a new set of the high velocity merges and sell my standard merge collectors.

Post pics now if you can.
Old 02-22-2008 | 05:15 PM
TECH Resident

I had the same problem in the same area. I ended up pulling that header and notching the crossmember. It wasn't too bad and I have no other complaints.

Gotta' love the HVMCs!
Old 02-22-2008 | 06:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

I didnt get the y-pipe because of all the fitment issues. tossing around the under axle TD set up so im not sure whats going to happen. I missed something though.... I took a reeeeeeeeealy good look at the headers last night. One primary on both headers arent compleatly welded. 1/4 of the primary isnt. which doesnt bother me on the pass side. it looks like a tight fit so im not worried about that one. the drivers side how ever wont seal and i dont care who thinks otherwise. its just not going to happen. I didnt see it because i was caught in the bling factor. other than that they are flawless though. im going to try and find someone to weld it up. basicly i think anyone who has ever bought them will find that 1/4 of one primary to merge on each header will be missing a weld. i understand its almost imposible to get a weld in there after the other tubes are in place but you shouldnt go around saying the gap is going to magicly seal it self lol. oh well i can think of worst things to worrie about. I got some prothan mounts to put in so hopfuly i wont have any fitment issues. Im hoping to start putting it back together the end of march provided it stops snowing.

corey

Last edited by Omec; 10-20-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Old 02-22-2008 | 07:10 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Unfortunately, I don't have a myspace account, and I'm not about to create one just to look at some headers.

To post pics here, just copy the url and then use [IMG] ... [/IMG] replacing the ... with the url.
Old 02-22-2008 | 07:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by radz282003
I had the same problem in the same area. I ended up pulling that header and notching the crossmember. It wasn't too bad and I have no other complaints.

Gotta' love the HVMCs!
hmm... that is an idea... for now i'm just dealing with it.. not hurting anything as it is.. just annoying
Old 02-22-2008 | 08:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Unfortunately, I don't have a myspace account, and I'm not about to create one just to look at some headers.

To post pics here, just copy the url and then use [IMG] ... [/IMG] replacing the ... with the url.
you dont need an account to look at my page.

Edit:sorry you do i forgot.

i will try again to upload some.
Old 02-22-2008 | 08:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

I still cant upload any pics so i put them on putfile. http://www.putfile.com/boostedlebaron