Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Duals Cost POWER!?!?!??

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 06:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSCAMAROKID
Wrong! And you are definitely NOT a genius. Do you even know the simple formula for an area of a circle?? Its pi*r^2.

Neglecting wall thickness, the flow area of 2 x 2.5" pipes is about 9.81 in^2. The flow area of 1 x 3.5" single pipe is about 9.62 in^2 (almost as much as 2 x 2.5". The flow area of a single 4" pipe is 12.56 in^2 (almost 30% more flow area than 2 x 2.5" pipes). Which means that a single 4" pipe will BY FAR outflow 2 x 2.5" pipes. I swear there are some serious dipshits in this thread.
How ironic that you call someone else out, when your entire post demonstrates that you have absolutely no knowledge on the subject of engine and exhaust flow characteristics.

Your last statement only applies to one person, look at the name next to your post for the answer.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:47 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Galen
With this point I will agree. To actually end this debate would require the budget the size of GM. I am really not that worried about which is better...just hate it when we have people on the forum who speak out of their *** about something they either know nothing about or worse think they do and are just too stupid to know it. Looking at the situation realistically, both can be made to perform so close to each other as to nullify the gains. What it really comes down to is sound and how much time and money someone is willing to put into an exhaust system.

Galen
Roger that on all counts.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by brad8266
Now I know youre a retard if you believe that my H/C N2O car runs mid 11's. But I guess you got me beat.
LAME

And yea, it probably doesn't run mid 11's, its probably slower otherwise you would have an 11 second club (or better) under your username. My bet is you have no clue what it runs because you've never been to the track. What a waste of money.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
How ironic that you call someone else out, when your entire post demonstrates that you have absolutely no knowledge on the subject of engine and exhaust flow characteristics.

Your last statement only applies to one person, look at the name next to your post for the answer.
Ah, mr credibility shows up. Your post makes me laugh.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Banned

Ah, mr credibility shows up. Your post makes me laugh.
Just like your **** poor demonstration of exhaust flow characteristics makes me laugh. You have no clue.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

really dude, you don't.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

LAME

And yea, it probably doesn't run mid 11's, its probably slower otherwise you would have an 11 second club (or better) under your username. My bet is you have no clue what it runs because you've never been to the track. What a waste of money.

Oh look at my title now I run 9's. Douchebag, get a clue. You are really entertaining, you should chime in more in the street racing forum here.

Last edited by brad8266; 02-29-2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ONEBADASSWS6
Just like your **** poor demonstration of exhaust flow characteristics makes me laugh. You have no clue.
Well, sorry if simple math is far above what your tiny little brain can comprehend, but crossectional area DOES have alot to do with exhaust performance. Agreed, there are other variables, but that one is probably the most important one. If you think for one minute that an engine that requires more flow than a 2.5" dual can deliver won't perform better with a 4" y-pipe (two 3" pipe dumping into a well designed merge collector and then into a 4" single pipe, then a 4" cutout as in patricks setup) then you are smoking crack (or just uneducated). You simply need to go to school and study fluid mechanics. It would take a whole semester course to explain it and a bunch of prerequisites to even get to that course. In essence, 3 years of college and then you will finally "get it" There are other people in this thread that "get it" and obviously, you don't.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

It would take a whole semester course to explain it and a bunch of prerequisites to even get to that course. In essence, 3 years of college and then you will finally "get it" There are other people in this thread that "get it" and obviously, you don't.
So you have a minimum of 3 years in college then since you "get it"? Are you educated in fluid mechanics?
Old 02-29-2008, 07:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

and a wife with nice ****, appearently. hehe.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 3.4camaro
and a wife with nice ****, appearently. hehe.
Yeah just like his low 11 second car too. No proof of either.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:24 PM
Banned

So you have a minimum of 3 years in college then since you "get it"? Are you educated in fluid mechanics?
This guy is a complete tool. He's claiming he knows fluid mechanics, but he doesn't even understand that exhaust flow is completely different than the cross sectioned area of a pipe.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

it's not completely different, there's just so much more to it than cross-sectional area.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Banned

Yeah just like his low 11 second car too. No proof of either.
9 second club eh? FAT CHANCE. LOL.

That is a great time man. I got a best of an 8.065 1/8 mile so far. 2.047 60 ft with my goodyear street tires. I need to get some drags. My 1/8 mile is killin my 1/4 mile, my best 1/4 so far is 12.232@120MPH.
Referenced from thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...t=#post3307293

You did trap 120 mph which tells me your probably spraying, but running 12s on a 150 shot, that simply is embarrassing. And your a mod also, obviously not a very credible one. Take your car to the track more often and study some fluid mechanics. Then we can all talk on the same level. But until then, I've got better things to do at the moment so,
Old 02-29-2008, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

ROFL that was from 2005. ahahahaha. what a tool.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Referenced from thread:

You did trap 120 mph which tells me your probably spraying, but running 12s on a 150 shot, that simply is embarrassing. And your a mod also, obviously not a very credible one. Take your car to the track more often and study some fluid mechanics. Then we can all talk on the same level. But until then, I've got better things to do at the moment so,
I knew this kid would be all buttsore and go looking up some old **** about me. Like 2+ years ago.

On a stock motor with spray, yeah I ran it bad then, but that was when i first started using spray so take it for what its worth.

Now im built motor, head, cam, and an even bigger shot of spray and i can drive it a lot better.

Keep amusing me. What an ***.

If youre ever out my way please bring some $$ and whatever youre driving

Last edited by brad8266; 02-29-2008 at 07:41 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:52 PM
Tech Resident

Nice edit there.
And what edit was that?

Simple fact is I have yet to see one used on this forum. That leaves you comparing a generic crappy crossover to a well designed y that will fit within the constraints of an Fbody.
And this is the whole problem, here. You are comparing some horribly made TD system that is not the norm to a well-made y-pipe system. How is that a level playing field? You're not being fair. The ENTIRE TIME, I have spoken of equally well-made systems, like the TSP kit and the Bassani kit. Both will make significant gains over any y-pipe and catback setup, as shown in the graph I posted.

I find it sad that you're trying to create an uneven argument - as in a bad X-system compared to a nearly perfect y-system.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by Asmodeus
I'm not desperate to take back anything I said. I stand behind every word. You're the one changing your arguement by adding the word "equal" into it.
What "changing"? I haven't changed anything. You're the one comparing a horribly made TD system to a perfectly made y-pipe system. HOW IS THAT FAIR?

The entire time, I've been speaking of equally well-made systems. Why would anyone compare things any differently?'

Guess what: shorty headers will outperform longtubes if the longtubes have big cracks in them and crushed primaries. But well-made longtubes will outperform well-made shorties in every case, just like X-pipe TD's will outperform an equally well-made y-pipe system in every case.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Referenced from thread:

I nominate this guy for biggest douche on this forum

As was said before, that was from 2005 you idiot. Also, you cant get the tag 9 secong club without proof.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:35 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
And what edit was that?

And this is the whole problem, here. You are comparing some horribly made TD system that is not the norm to a well-made y-pipe system. How is that a level playing field? You're not being fair. The ENTIRE TIME, I have spoken of equally well-made systems, like the TSP kit and the Bassani kit. Both will make significant gains over any y-pipe and catback setup, as shown in the graph I posted.

I find it sad that you're trying to create an uneven argument - as in a bad X-system compared to a nearly perfect y-system.
Interesting. I did a quick search to see what kind of x-pipe you were running...just to find out you were running a y-pipe. Not only are you running a y-pipe, but one that is crush bent and slapped together like a 4 year old put it together. Here is your pic.

Of course, this quote should give everyone else an insight into your knowledge of how to tell if a y-pipe is well designed.

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
I don't need the merge. He made one. There's no rasp so I know it's working well and I can send it back and save $50. The flanges or slip fits will leak, the welds will not. If I ever need to pull the tranny, he'll probably be the one doing it, so I'll worry about it then. Why cut up the exhaust now for no reason and cause leaks when there doesn't have to be any?

It's not a show car, so I guess the welds will be fine. Nothing will perform better than a weld, and since I'd have to cut it all up anyway to change it, I may as well not even worry.
Yea, your opinion means the world to me. Go back to school and study a little physics, then come back and try to argue your point.

Have another nice day!

Galen

Quick Reply: True Duals Cost POWER!?!?!??