Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Takin a break installing LT's, quick question

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 03:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gasket pics, parts etc, ??

A couple of pics describing the other parts that came with the PS LT's. I know the black bolts are the header bolts, but I have no idea what all the standard washers, lock washers and nuts are for. Also the gaskets are confusing me a little. I dont understand what the one big gasket is for that matches up to the AIR tube flange.

Pic 1 is the comparison of gaskets and the thick metal gasket shaped piece that came with the LT's

Pic 2 is all the nuts and bolts that came with the LT's

Pic 3 is the stock air pipe alongside the new LT gaskets, etc.

Pic 4 is just a view of how beat-the-hell-up the old gasket was
Attached Thumbnails Takin a break installing LT's, quick question-ps-lt-gaskets-comparison.jpg   Takin a break installing LT's, quick question-ps-lt-parts.jpg   Takin a break installing LT's, quick question-stock-air-ps-lt-parts.jpg   Takin a break installing LT's, quick question-stock-gasket.jpg  
Old 04-03-2008, 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Pic 1: Bottom two gaskets are for the AIR system, and the top gasket and plate is to block off the EGR.

Pic 2: The 6 bolts, and all the accompanying nuts and washers are to secure the AIR system and EGR block off plates. The downside of Pacesetters is that the emissions fittings are NOT threaded like stock

That should cover it. I would either get new stock gaskets or be careful with the paper and expect to change them in the future. HTH.

-J
Old 04-03-2008, 04:01 PM
On The Tree

Thank you very much. Help is greatly appreciated. Also, thanks for the torque specs.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

which tab exactly is everyone having problems w/ cause I see three.