Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DYNO results - MACs to ARH 1 7/8 headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that you definitely made the right choice. When my 10-bolt broke, I bought a 9" to replace it. Is it overkill for my car right now? Yes. Did I lose power by putting the 9" on? Yes. However, it would be stupid to put the another 10-bolt in just because it fits my needs as of now. You build the car towards a specific goal and its stupid to buy parts that dont help you arrive at your goal for the car.

Now on a side note to the OP. . . . do you have any sound clips of your car? I really want to hear the SLP dual/dual with headers. I would appreciate hearing both with the macs and with the new ARH if you have clips of both. Thanks in advance
Old 04-15-2008, 02:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hawk108
I think that you definitely made the right choice. When my 10-bolt broke, I bought a 9" to replace it. Is it overkill for my car right now? Yes. Did I lose power by putting the 9" on? Yes. However, it would be stupid to put the another 10-bolt in just because it fits my needs as of now. You build the car towards a specific goal and its stupid to buy parts that dont help you arrive at your goal for the car.
Exactly! that is the truth. end of story.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
lol whats so funny choco? my SS has more ***** then your pos A4 formula? thought so..
I wouldn't trade my car for yours if I got the chance. No chance in hell. If I wanted a H/C package, I'd buy a H/C package. If I wanted a blower, I'd buy a blower. I could easily afford it. I just have no interest pissing away my money on something useless I don't need. It if makes you feel more important, by all means, spend your money on it. I never had any issues or anything growing up, so I really don't feel inadequate. I'm content with what I have.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:09 PM
TECH Junkie

YAY CHOCO!!! HIGH 5 BUDDY....thats good. i really care. and oh by the way, modding my car DEFINITLY makes me feel more important and wanted.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:48 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
YAY CHOCO!!! HIGH 5 BUDDY....thats good. i really care. and oh by the way, modding my car DEFINITLY makes me feel more important and wanted.
So, you care enough to argue with me for several pages, but when I suddenly let you know I have no interest in your car or going faster than I am right now, suddenly you don't care Okay, buddy Enjoy the e-speed.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 87 Posts

Now on a side note to the OP. . . . do you have any sound clips of your car? I really want to hear the SLP dual/dual with headers. I would appreciate hearing both with the macs and with the new ARH if you have clips of both. Thanks in advance
I'll see what I can do to get a clip of the car as it sits. Sorry I don't have any with the MACs.

And you should try the !troll mod:

ChocoTaco369 This user is on your Ignore List.

Works great! Tremendous SOTP improvement! I may have even picked up a couple of ft-lbs by jettisoning the dead weight!
Old 04-15-2008, 06:31 PM
FormerVendor

[QUOTE=ChocoTaco369;9141939] the ARH's just don't make the power that other longtubes do. I'd feel way better with a Kooks or QTP longtube from what I've seen.

Choco, You are an incredibily ignorant individual that knows nothing about AR Headers. You clearly have an agenda that's very apparent to all here, and that's bashing ARH every opportunity you get. I'm not sure why you feel the need to constantly do it but it's getting old. Stop the BS because when you finally come to your senses and maybe even afford ARH's, I won't sell you a set.

Nick
Old 04-15-2008, 06:44 PM
TECH Addict

[QUOTE=A. R. HEADERS;9162958]
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
the ARH's just don't make the power that other longtubes do. I'd feel way better with a Kooks or QTP longtube from what I've seen.

Choco, You are an incredibily ignorant individual that knows nothing about AR Headers. You clearly have an agenda that's very apparent to all here, and that's bashing ARH every opportunity you get. I'm not sure why you feel the need to constantly do it but it's getting old. Stop the BS because when you finally come to your senses and maybe even afford ARH's, I won't sell you a set.

Nick
Nick, I LOVE your product - well worth the premium price. However, please don't dilute the effectiveness of my !troll mod by quoting!

More importantly, I hope my experience helps you sell more headers by indicating clearly that the big tubes, while maybe not optimal, still provide gains even on a stock long block with no cost at all. That should expand the market for these headers to those looking to go big later. However, the big primaries and stock k-member necessitated poly motor mounts on my car to quell the rubbing when the engine torqued. Overall, I am very happy with my decision and expect to get more out of my power mods down the line.

IMHO your product and Kooks are the only ones worth buying. Make sure you have product for the G8 and new CTS-V as one of those two is on my radar in the next year.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:45 PM
TECH Addict

Sorry, windy today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz5H4d61hv8
Sorry, V1 is LOUD!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P5xGZKRTWs

I'll see what I can do to improve on those clips going forward.

It IS quiet, that is what I wanted. I don't feel like I am leaving too much on the table though, without going true duals. It is deeper and quieter than the MACs and ORY (same catback). It sounds kind of refined, for what it is. Zero drone, subtle but still aggressive. This setup is not for those who want obnoxiously loud. I fly low often and don't need to attract any more attention than a red camaro already does. It does allow decent power though.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jmilz28
Sorry, windy today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz5H4d61hv8
Sorry, V1 is LOUD!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P5xGZKRTWs

I'll see what I can do to improve on those clips going forward.

It IS quiet, that is what I wanted. I don't feel like I am leaving too much on the table though, without going true duals. It is deeper and quieter than the MACs and ORY (same catback). It sounds kind of refined, for what it is. Zero drone, subtle but still aggressive. This setup is not for those who want obnoxiously loud. I fly low often and don't need to attract any more attention than a red camaro already does. It does allow decent power though.

Wow thanks for the sound clips. . . .I really didnt expect them that quickly. That is even quiter than I thought it would be. . . .kinda cool I just cant decide if I want to do LT and ORY or cats and a cutout
Old 04-15-2008, 07:41 PM
TECH Addict

Wow thanks for the sound clips. . . .I really didnt expect them that quickly. That is even quiter than I thought it would be. . . .kinda cool I just cant decide if I want to do LT and ORY or cats and a cutout
A little rum and the camera sitting in front of me got me motivated!
It's not quite as quiet as the video makes it out to be, the wind is fooking tough today so it overshadows the sound since it hammers the mic directly. From memory, it's a little louder than the LT1 SSs were with the 2OTL setup and similarly deep. For the fiancee the smell was an issue, for me it was the rasp, so cats were in order. The ARH ones are very nice so I doubt they cost me that much. They might have possibly contributed to the reason I didn't lose any tq/maybe picked up a couple at the flywheel, adding backpressure and all.

Definitely a stealth setup which should allow for good power down the road. Only thing I would swap for is 3" true duals but that is $$$!! I DID heavily consider it though...
Old 04-15-2008, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jmilz28
And you should try the !troll mod:

ChocoTaco369 This user is on your Ignore List.

Works great! Tremendous SOTP improvement! I may have even picked up a couple of ft-lbs by jettisoning the dead weight!
Hell yeah !troll mod! I use that exact mod! works great.. sometimes I take it off but quickly I realize how much I miss the SOTP improvement and start getting headaches so I reinstall it. lol..
Old 04-15-2008, 08:23 PM
TECH Addict

Little better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc9AwGZiWc0
Old 04-15-2008, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

^that clip is MUCH better than the last ones . . . .thanks again.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sixvi6-camaro
Hell yeah !troll mod! I use that exact mod! works great.. sometimes I take it off but quickly I realize how much I miss the SOTP improvement and start getting headaches so I reinstall it. lol..
Indeed!!
Old 04-15-2008, 09:58 PM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wouldn't trade my car for yours if I got the chance. No chance in hell. If I wanted a H/C package, I'd buy a H/C package. If I wanted a blower, I'd buy a blower. I could easily afford it. I just have no interest pissing away my money on something useless I don't need. It if makes you feel more important, by all means, spend your money on it. I never had any issues or anything growing up, so I really don't feel inadequate. I'm content with what I have.
by that logic u r saying u needed long tubes and whatever the **** else u have on your car? which is apparent isnt very much.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ls2 bait
by that logic u r saying u needed long tubes and whatever the **** else u have on your car? which is apparent isnt very much.
ls2 bait, please install the !troll mod, for all our sakes! That kid doesn't know how to be useful or contribute and logic and/or effort eludes him as well. The bang for the buck ratio on the !troll mod is infinite!
Old 04-15-2008, 11:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i think the LT were still a good buy, espeically since your putting a big cube motor in there. putting 7.0 or even a stroked out ls1 with mid lengths just doesn't make sense to me unless you have a budget
Old 04-15-2008, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I recently switched from Mac mids w/cats to QTP merged LTs with a catted Y pipe. While I did not get it dyno tested before and after, I do know to get a significant increase in performance you will have to pick up 20 HP or more. The before and after difference in the car is like night and day, especially above 3500 RPM. I don't have to put it on a dyno to know I picked up power.

Re'
Old 04-16-2008, 03:30 AM
TECH Junkie

the ARH's just don't make the power that other longtubes do. I'd feel way better with a Kooks or QTP longtube from what I've seen.

Nick
haha... dude Nick, he CAN afford a blower. that is if he wanted to.

Quick Reply: DYNO results - MACs to ARH 1 7/8 headers