Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DYNO results - MACs to ARH 1 7/8 headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 11:56 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I did read the three threads and I understand that you are planning to one day go bigger cubes and that it wasn't an accurate dyno because you had heavier wheels. I understand all that... I'm just stating that if I spent the money and took the time to install them and didn't see a return on that investment in time and money, I'd be pissed.

As long as you're happy, that's all that matters.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmilz28
I appreciate your civility but you are wrong. I explained my goals, my findings, the variables, the indications, and conclusions - multiple times in each post. In other words, I laid out the useful data and the caveats - specifically clarifying indications, conclusions, and assumptions. It was all logical and based on the experience of others in the position to know. Go back and read each thread in all 3 posts carefully and you will see what I mean.
I feel you bro.....well if I'm wrong I apoligize I just don't agree is all. If the set up is what you like and your cool with the results, I'm happy for you.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
There's some great logic right there So, what makes the OP's logic so great? Is it the complete lack of evidence? Is it the random, purely fabricated explanations void of evidence to attempt to explain the low dyno numbers? Is it the hypotheticals? Is it the huge inconsistencies in the dynos, be it the day it was done, the tires on the car, the completely different style headers used, etc... I'm curious to see why you think one of the worst comparisons in LS1tech history is such a good one? Or are you just trying to start more ****?

I would say approximately 100-150 of my posts have anything at all to do with QTP's products or Seafoam.
LOL It does make logic numb nuts.. where the hells your experience when it comes to modding your f-body? seems to me like your just the bolt on queen. you need to stop acting like such a troll, and putting him down over every damn thing he says. ive read over all of these pages and every post you contribute is worthless, and pretty much, confuses me as to why you have to argue like some 13 year old girl. congrats pacotaco, your a huge dueche!
Old 04-14-2008, 12:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
Well, I just want to ask you one more thing. How much money should I pay someone before I'm considered "experienced" enough to know what I'm talking about? I just want to know how much it costs to buy respect.
you dont pay to become experienced. go hit your engineering books so you can become a MASTER engineer. obviously all this reading over at LS1tech has made you so much more experienced then all of the people here WHO ACTUALLY EXPERIMENT WITH STUFF. congrats again on being the biggest fool here. cheers!
Old 04-14-2008, 01:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

who is going to pay me for the time i wasted reading this thread? good points by the op definitely somethings to be aware of as for someone who will be continually modding his car 1 part at a time but i do not see the reason to bash on anybody when they were kind enough to share their time experience and the money it cost them to do this.....arent we all on the same team here? be insightful not an *** or otherwise pleez STFU!!!!!
Old 04-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
you dont pay to become experienced. go hit your engineering books so you can become a MASTER engineer. obviously all this reading over at LS1tech has made you so much more experienced then all of the people here WHO ACTUALLY EXPERIMENT WITH STUFF. congrats again on being the biggest fool here. cheers!
Oh...my...Lord...

I had to laugh at this post

SuperSport

Whoa!

Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 04-14-2008 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:43 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Someone didn't read the three threads thoroughly...
He did read all the threads. He just doesn't feel the need to justify your purchase in his own mind like you do

You gotta realize why I'm saying the things I am saying: it's not to break your heart or your spirits. It's to discourage others from buying inappropriate parts for their cars. OF COURSE 1 7/8 headers will gain a little bit over old, outdated mids, shorties or stock manifolds, but they won't outperform 1 3/4 headers in nearly every circumstance. You think you will go bigger cubes in the future, but it's so far away, chances are your plans will change when $4-$5/gal gas sets in and the economy bottoms out. You may not even be driving this car in the future, and all you did was hurt performance in the present.

Like mentioned before, it probably would have been a better idea to buy a 1 3/4 headers for now, and years down the future, just sell them and buy a bigger header if absolutely necessary. You'll still recover about 2/3 of what you spent on the headers and you'd be maximizing performance now while you still own the car. There are tons of people on this site that make the wrong decision when buying parts for their car because they look so far ahead into the future, their plans wind up changing.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 87 Posts

You know what I love?
ChocoTaco369
This message is hidden because ChocoTaco369 is on your ignore list.

Anyway, miami and alchemist: I hear you and thank you. I considered the prevailing wisdom (too big, will lose torque, etc) so I set expectations accordingly - as I was only looking to not lose anything, powerwise. My short term goals were intangible: noise, smell, durability, quality, room to grow, etc. The fact that I actually picked up a couple and lost nothing is gravy. Granted, if I hadn't swapped wheels and added cats, we'd know exactly what a couple equals. Oh well! The real POWER dividends will come later with a new engine, which the fiancee is already tee'd up for!

People don't get that my short term goals are safety, control, and reliability (see sig). My long term goal is horsepower. That makes me a little different than most guys on here. When I get power - and I think my numbers are respectable - it's a bonus. Don't worry, more power is coming! (Maybe some spray until the motor kicks off)
Old 04-14-2008, 04:26 PM
TECH Resident

You know what I love?
ChocoTaco369
This message is hidden because ChocoTaco369 is on your ignore list.

Anyway, miami and alchemist: I hear you and thank you. I considered the prevailing wisdom (too big, will lose torque, etc) so I set expectations accordingly - as I was only looking to not lose anything, powerwise. My short term goals were intangible: noise, smell, durability, quality, room to grow, etc. The fact that I actually picked up a couple and lost nothing is gravy. Granted, if I hadn't swapped wheels and added cats, we'd know exactly what a couple equals. Oh well! The real POWER dividends will come later with a new engine, which the fiancee is already tee'd up for!

People don't get that my short term goals are safety, control, and reliability (see sig). My long term goal is horsepower. That makes me a little different than most guys on here. When I get power - and I think my numbers are respectable - it's a bonus. Don't worry, more power is coming! (Maybe some spray until the motor kicks off)
I want to see what kind of differences in times you'd have at the track....track times is where it's really at
Old 04-14-2008, 04:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by miamifan3413
I want to see what kind of differences in times you'd have at the track....track times is where it's really at
I agree, I also think it's especially true of the MPH at the end. Problem is, this car has never seen the track. Even if I took it today, I wouldn't have a baseline to compare. Even though I can fairly launch a bike, I would need a few passes to fully polish my driver mod with the new 6 speed setup. hehe
Old 04-14-2008, 07:23 PM
TECH Junkie

lol whats so funny choco? my SS has more ***** then your pos A4 formula? thought so..
Old 04-14-2008, 07:26 PM
TECH Junkie

jmilz... great thing is youll never need to buy a set of LTs ever again
Old 04-14-2008, 07:43 PM
TECH Addict

jmilz... great thing is youll never need to buy a set of LTs ever again
I KNOW DAT'S RIGHT!!
Old 04-14-2008, 07:44 PM
TECH Junkie

just wait til you cam it
Old 04-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Teching In

I'd like to predict the next 7 posts on this thread:

Post 1: "You're stupid"
Post 2: "No, you are."
Post 3: "I know you are but what am I???"
Post 4: "At least I red the posts."
Post 5: "Hah! You misspelled the word "read". Everything you say is and will always be stupid"
Post 6: "You suck!!"
Post 7: "Great info, thanks"

Ok, Post 7 is a little iffy.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:04 PM
TECH Junkie

yeah pretty much ^ everytime i read a thread with chaco in it seems like it goes to ****
Old 04-15-2008, 12:08 AM
TECH Addict

just wait til you cam it
I'm thinking heads + Z06 cam + spray
Old 04-15-2008, 12:59 AM
On The Tree

wtf....

Old 04-15-2008, 01:16 AM
TECH Regular

Default Mac Mids robbed me!

Well not really, considering I picked up a used set and matching ORY for only $250 locally, I have been happy thus far with the low, mid, and top end power I have gained with them over the stock loggers. Saving up for some expensive Kooks is what I really had wanted to do but, after seeing your dyno graph, I am glad I went with the oil sucking macs!
Old 04-15-2008, 02:58 AM
TECH Junkie

I'm thinking heads + Z06 cam + spray
might as well go with a larger cam if your going w/ aftermarket cam! i did the opposite of what your thinking. im running stock LS6 heads & decent cam + spray = fun fun fun

Quick Reply: DYNO results - MACs to ARH 1 7/8 headers