Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DYNO results - MACs to ARH 1 7/8 headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
Doesn't matter. Your car's slow, so are you. You have no business aruing with people faster and insulting them. etc. You know jack!
So, because I didn't pay someone $10,000 to make my car a little faster, that makes me stupid? Because I guarantee I'm a lot smarter than a lot of people who have a lot faster cars. There's something about being an engineering student, you know.

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
Ya that's why you have like 5,000 posts on LS1 Tech.
Over the course of 2 and a half years, and posting takes 30 seconds. That's how long it took to write this. See, I just upped my post count by one Again, I live in a city. I don't have a car. When the sun goes down, I stay inside on the weekdays.

I'm curious to hear your automotive expertise. I'd like to know how much money you've paid people to make your car "faster." I'd love to hear your credentials.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Somone likes to listen to themselfs talk....I think I speak for all of us when I say.

STFU!!!!!
Old 04-13-2008, 08:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
I'm curious to hear your automotive expertise. I'd like to know how much money you've paid people to make your car "faster." I'd love to hear your credentials.
I'll take this to PM and spare everyone else the drama.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Tech Resident

Well, I just want to ask you one more thing. How much money should I pay someone before I'm considered "experienced" enough to know what I'm talking about? I just want to know how much it costs to buy respect.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:31 PM
11 Second Club

Well, I just want to ask you one more thing. How much money should I pay someone before I'm considered "experienced" enough to know what I'm talking about? I just want to know how much it costs to buy respect.
No amount of money, just getting your bolt on car out of the 14s would be a start.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

sounds like you should pay someone to drive your car too. if you worked and drove your car half a much as you posted.....

also, lol @ putting what spark plugs you have in your sig
Old 04-13-2008, 08:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ls2 bait
half those posts were him saying how the qtp long tube is the god of all headers.
I go for $$$ for hp ratio or best for my buck, that's my way of doing things. QTP's are arguably the best header there is but they are pretty expensive.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:43 PM
TECH Resident

Again, you're missing the point. You need to go from a 1 3/4 longtube to a 1 7/8 longtube with dynos done on the same day to even make a proper comparison. Mac's are pure junk, and from the dynos I've seen, the ARH's just don't make the power that other longtubes do. I'd feel way better with a Kooks or QTP longtube from what I've seen. Again, $1500 spent, 0 horsepower gained on your dynos. I don't know why you should be so happy. I see this as nothing more than a justification of your hard earned money spent in your own mind. But it's not my money, so I guess I can see it from the more omnipotent point of view. I don't have an agenda. Anyways, whatever, like I said before, too drunk to many any sense right now. I'm just kinda typing sorry. I'm hoping I'm spelling it okay. ttyl.
Some call Mac's "junk" but i got headers/ory for $200 bucks and they have been great. No banging or ground clearance to worry about at the cost of 5 hp....wooopdy DAMN DOO I guess if I had your headers I would be in the 11's since they're high quality.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by miamifan3413
Some call Mac's "junk" but i got headers/ory for $200 bucks and they have been great. No banging or ground clearance to worry about at the cost of 5 hp....wooopdy DAMN DOO I guess if I had your headers I would be in the 11's since they're high quality.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:11 PM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

id venture to say most people in this thread dont pay people to make their car faster-they do it themselves. so once again by all means feel free to not post in this thread any longer.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:13 PM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I go for $$$ for hp ratio or best for my buck, that's my way of doing things. QTP's are arguably the best header there is but they are pretty expensive.
i like the qtp's (i have a set) but honestly i wouldnt buy them again. too many other good options out there.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:27 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by ls2 bait
id venture to say most people in this thread dont pay people to make their car faster-they do it themselves. so once again by all means feel free to not post in this thread any longer.
Damn. These guys gotta tell me where they get all the parts for free, too! Unless you know a place where you can buy parts without paying someone.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 87 Posts

Choco,

You should either:
A. Contribute something positive to this thread
B. Take my wager
C. Jump up your own *** and disappear

Those would require you to grow a brain, *****, or backbone, respectively, so I won't hold my breath.

You are being a troll.
*ignore*
Old 04-14-2008, 01:45 AM
TECH Resident

I understand Choco's frustration, there's alot of misinformation that gets spread around. I actually like and agree with alot of the things he states however there's a right/wrong way to get your point across and this time IMO is one of those time's. The OP went about showing things that aren't factual but speculative and calling it as fact. That will cause heated debates and some flaming. So, Choco isn't the only one to blame here.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Mac mids are pure junk
Wow. You have no idea what you are talking about. Do you have first-hand experience with MACs? Ever installed them? Ever replaced them with LTs? Ever dyno them? Ever modify them? I've done all of the above and can tell you they are not "junk". They are a great street header and have their place in the LSx modification world. The only reason I switched to LTs was because I knew I was going with more cubic inches. Junk, whatever...
Old 04-14-2008, 07:08 AM
TECH Addict

I understand Choco's frustration, there's alot of misinformation that gets spread around. I actually like and agree with alot of the things he states however there's a right/wrong way to get your point across and this time IMO is one of those time's. The OP went about showing things that aren't factual but speculative and calling it as fact. That will cause heated debates and some flaming. So, Choco isn't the only one to blame here.
I appreciate your civility but you are wrong. I explained my goals, my findings, the variables, the indications, and conclusions - multiple times in each post. In other words, I laid out the useful data and the caveats - specifically clarifying indications, conclusions, and assumptions. It was all logical and based on the experience of others in the position to know. Go back and read each thread in all 3 posts carefully and you will see what I mean.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:42 AM
TECH Addict

The dyno results were almost identical:
2 hp gain
torque was a wash
curves identical

Variables:
-Different dynos (but both dynojets), could have skewed the data either way: plus or minus 5hp
-Different day by 2 months- warmer by a good 10 degrees, even corrected there is difference: minus 2-7hp
-Added cats - in my application, we can reasonably assume this cost 2-6hp
-Heavy repop 17x11 wheels - there is data showing it costs 3-13hp/tq depending on who you believe and the actual weight of the wheel/tire package (mine are damn heavy)

These are reasonable assumptions based on an ASSLOAD (technical term) of various folks' experience on dynos.

Do the math (it's a range, yes) and you will see the probability that the worst case sum of the variable is a flat wash, net zero. Odds are, it's a small gain. Curve demonstrates no loss or "low end" or shifting of the curve. I actually expected the curve to move, and it didn't even do that.

I offered to go swap wheels and re-dyno, which would crystallize three of the above variables:
-how big a factor the different dyno,
-the different day, AND
-the wheels are.
Choco ignored this challenge and continued to spout his negative comments.

I clarified my goals, intentions, and results. It's not 100% scientific, never claimed to be, nor did I ever go after the 1 3/4 results. This was simple little/proper size headers(MACs) vs. "too big" ARHs. Fact is that conclusively, in my application (a common one), nothing was lost, anywhere. It's very indicative that I even picked up a little, and I offered to re-dyno to demonstrate that further but the kid wouldn't accept, or even acknowledge - because he doesn't have the stones to back his end and nor the wallet to back it either. Add in the intangible benefits and my future plans (look at my sig, I am on a path and get **** done), and this is a win.

I offered my findings with considerable detail, including the caveats. I back it up with hard data, hard work, and my own cash - in light of my goals. That is the purpose of this forum. The OP in the first thread and one other guy, actually said thank you. They understood all the factors and it took them one step closer to a decision that was good for their situation. That was my goal in posting this, and my post history PROVES that. Go check the maintenance or suspension sections for specific proof.

I am sick and tired of people with nothing to offer coming in and attempting to sound smart by shitting on other people's threads - not just mine. Especially those unable to grasp logical deductions when it's laid out in detail.

To further summarize - If you have nothing useful or helpful to offer the conversation - shut the **** up.
Everyone else, thank you for stopping in and looking!
Old 04-14-2008, 10:11 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not going to argue, but if I spent 1500 and got nothing, I'd be looking for a refund.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:39 AM
dug
Banned

I knew this thread would **** off the mac haters
Old 04-14-2008, 10:45 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I'm not going to argue, but if I spent 1500 and got nothing, I'd be looking for a refund.
Someone didn't read the three threads thoroughly...

Quick Reply: DYNO results - MACs to ARH 1 7/8 headers