Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette fuel rail covers.....what else do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Corvette fuel rail covers.....what else do i need?

Wasn't sure exactly where to post this, but i'm looking at getting some fuel rail covers for my lq9 with a bbk intake. What else is required to get these to fit? Do i need different valve covers? Also, what is the difference between the '01-'04 and the '05-'08? Thanks for any help.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...spagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...2BSI%26otn%3D4
Old 04-16-2008, 07:11 PM
Staging Lane

No one?
Old 04-16-2008, 07:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Fuel rail covers are ghey dude ... dont phuch up your truck .. go a different route maybe something like this..

Old 04-16-2008, 08:22 PM
Staging Lane

Not worried enough about looks to spend that much for the covers and coil relocation hardware. As long as the vette covers will work with these valve covers, then i just want to scuff em down (get rid of the corvette) and paint em the same color as the car. Alot better looking than the coils and crap sittin on top.

Something like these.
http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/sale-...il-covers.html
Old 04-17-2008, 07:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Relocating the coils was dirt cheep..the plug wires were 50 bucks and the rest of it was 10-15 bucks worth of stuff from home depot....and my labor was free...bet ya pay more than that for the FRCs...you are obviously worried about he looks if your considering FRCs....
Old 04-17-2008, 08:28 AM
12 Second Club

slt200mph: Your engine bay is one of the best ones i have seen!
My Car have a realy nice engine bay as whell "even though" i got the covers But when i need more power i will upgrade the fuel system with new injectors, rails, lines and pump, and when i do that i will also buy some nice valvecovers and make the coil relocation.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by The Crazy Sweed
slt200mph: Your engine bay is one of the best ones i have seen!
My Car have a realy nice engine bay as whell "even though" i got the covers But when i need more power i will upgrade the fuel system with new injectors, rails, lines and pump, and when i do that i will also buy some nice valvecovers and make the coil relocation.
Thanks for the kind words sir...yours looks great too..it did not cost much to clean up the engine bay..once you get all the GM stock junk off the top of the engine it looks OK..I really did not spend much to get it looking like that either..I never added it up but it was about $400 for everything ...
Old 04-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Staging Lane

Yours looks great, but you were able to hide the coils under the cowl. On mine there is nowhere to put them that is out of sight. How long were the plug wires you used? I figure under the covers is out of sight enough for me. A local guy here parts out corvettes and only wants like $40 for a pair. I might end up cruising down to his place and see if the valvecovers themselves are different than mine. As long as i can do something for under $100 then i'll do it. If not, i'll live with the ugly bugger.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you may have to do some trimming to get the covers to fit past the fuel line. I bought some for the trans am and got them to fit with no trouble. I need to do like you said and sand them down and cover the corvette..

Quick Reply: Corvette fuel rail covers.....what else do i need?